The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
£10m overall AND managed to include a percentage of any future transfer. A 'significant' one at that.

Good work by Ross Wilson there.
Its certainly better than the other guys report of the deal.

Suspect we've allowed Southampton to pay in installments (very normal for transfers) and negotiated a sell on clause by being a bit flexible with the payment structure

Well if this is true its best case scenario

And yet we have won the same amount of trophies as our nearest rivals over last 2 seasons and reached a major European final, both teams are very well matched as we stand and undoubtedly we will bring in 2 or 3 players this Window

Seems like you are desperate for us just to spend, do anything almost

Bizarre take on how we should run as a club

We won the league by 20+ points then sat back smoking cigars thinking the next season would be a canter. How'd that work out?

That's probably about as good a deal as we could get for Aribo under the circumstances.

Give Gio a chunk and hopefully we're able to put some towards Alfie and Kent.

Fcuk losing either of them for circa £10m, or even worse £0 next summer. Get them renewed.

Crucial we get them to extend

Btw if Greek reports are correct and we are spending £2.5m on Colak I think that’s a slight overspend considering our budget and the fact we’ve already got two good strikers already. We do need 3 strikers fwiw but I do think there’s more pressing areas
I read differently that it was €2m we had agreed which is half decent price, the €2.5m was what they wanted and what the media has been saying.
Edit: I have just read the twitter post claiming it’s £2.5m would hope it’s actually Euros but happy either way

Last edited:
I’d be surprised if we accept something below £10m for Aribo.

If we were to take a ‘£6m plus add ons’ it wouldn’t be to just let Southampton pay the other £4m over time, that would be of no benefit to us, it would be because the add ons would give us more than the £10m up front…

Some might say realists.

There are some fans who just can't see what's in front of them. It was the same last season when we were toiling in games at the turn of the year and they were still calling Celtic shite and that it'd only take one result for us to kick on.
There’s a massive difference between being realistic and constantly negative, unfortunately it’s the latter when it comes to the posters I’m alluding to.

And to think I doubted posters saying “they will just find something else to moan about regarding the club”

For some it really doesn’t matter what we do, they’ll never be happy

What a tough life to lead
Absolutely , it’s relentless. It’s hard at times not to think that some people hope a new signing flops just so they can post “told you so”.

Why have folk lost their sh*t about Romano’s tweet. He exists to break news, he often gets the transfer correct but the value (initially) wrong.

Thats supported by his tweet and then FB post where he was quoting a paper! If he was certain the £6m was correct, he would have double downed with it - he clearly is not.

Say what you like about Wilson but he will get the max for Aribo one way or another!! We are not skint, we don’t need to sell but if we do, our budget for a RW and maybe a midfielder is improved considerably!!
People love a reason to go tonto on the club. Make up values to help them achieve it.

If it is worth £6m up front with add Ona to £10m with a sell on added, it is very good business.

Mate I don’t think I’ve ever seen you post anything bar negative comments, like genuinely every time your name pops ups it’s major doom and gloom depression comments or constant digs at rangers
Not true.

Albeit I have been pretty negative recently about the window so far. I was in Vegas for NARSA & was told there wouldn’t be much money available this summer which may be closing my mood…

Hopefully it picks up now. I just don’t want to fall into the same trap as last season.

We won the league by 20+ points then sat back smoking cigars thinking the next season would be a canter. How'd that work out?
It’s been said a million times, but it’s not like we just sat back and congratulated ourselves.

It’s not like we didn’t want to spend money, we quite literally couldn’t due to the massive £25mill loss and the many millions in directors loans required just to have us functioning as a football club.

I don't agree. For the first time in a long time I watched games in that division last season, and it's so overrated it's untrue; not at the very top, but other teams in that division are not that great. You might think he makes a step up from the games he played here last season, but the fine print suggests otherwise.

The difference is a great few seasons sees him get to a mid/ low table club like Southampton. A good two seasons in the epl and he can get a move to Liverpool. It’s very difficult to get to a Liverpool etc without an epl stepping stone

Excellent deal for Aribo considering it was his final year looming then 10 million plus a significant sell on clause is a fantastic piece of buisness for us :))

yet we have brought in the money from itten
I think the fee for Colak hasn't changed, just we've offered more up front now to get him in early.
Re getting players in early, we've only been back for 8 days so far. No point signing a player on 1st June if training doesn't restart till 27th June

If he is 100% going I hope we get it out of the way today. Gutted to see him go and at that price, however, it's decent for last year of his contract. Hopefully some of the money can be used to extend other players contracts.

I don’t have the greatest confidence in our board in transfer dealings.

But they are not selling him for £6m when he’s got a £10m clause and a queue of interested clubs.

Aribo will be very hard to replace. We found it difficult to break teams down prior to his arrival.

We lost the league and got to a major European final, we were literally one win away from winning 2nd title on the trot, indeed if our main strikers had been fit (hard to allow for that) then we could quite possibly have won both those tournaments

You love peddling the myth they are romping ahead of us when indeed the opposite is true, we were told a few years ago we would "have to spend £100m to catch them", over last 2 years one club is well in profit on transfer dealings and one now in deficit, the one in profit is not the one you keep praising

As I keep saying, the clubs have never been so evenly matched, there is a major argument to say they are the ones needing to spend big to match us, quite an impressive turnaround really

Sadly this very much reads like we aren't getting £10m upfront but in some form of overall package.

Does the £10 million up front really matter?

As long as overall we get the £10 million release clause fee, as a minimum, that's what really matters.

The vast majority of transfers are paid in installments now and we'll be paying for any players we bring in, exactly the same way.

I think the fee for Colak hasn't changed, just we've offered more up front now to get him in early.
Re getting players in early, we've only been back for 8 days so far. No point signing a player on 1st June if training doesn't restart till 27th June
I fully agree, I've said before it's about getting not only the right player but the the right person for this squad. Otherwise we would have signed every available bosman.

However I do feel our arrivals will be determined by our qualifying performances and departures

On the face of it, seems like very good business given the release clause.

Not sure how we've managed to negotiate a sell-on fee, maybe we've conceded to some of the £10m fee being add-ons in order to get a sell-on %?
It’s a negotiation, we give a bit they give a bit. It’s a risk but we could make more in the long run than the release clause value.

Wilson isn’t as shite at this as some want to believe.

On the face of it, seems like very good business given the release clause.

Not sure how we've managed to negotiate a sell-on fee, maybe we've conceded to some of the £10m fee being add-ons in order to get a sell-on %?
The £10m is the non-negotiable part, other add-ons are up for negotiation as per any transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back