The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens if he gets injured first game of the season, falls out the managers plans and is sold on the next season?

I'll give you a clue - we won't be getting £10m
You can't possibly say that without reference to the exact terms of the deal

£10m AT LEAST? Very good.
You really have nothing else to say do you, but you're that DESPERATE to defend the club here that you'll pick me up on that one line because, obviously, we can't expect more than £10m given the clause. Go you, you can read.

Here's a question - are you saying that Aribo is worth less than £10m up front?

Why not just take the £10m upfront and be done with it?

By the time Aribo would be in any position to be sold on again for any sizable sum, he'll be 27, which makes the likelihood of it even happening less likely.

So, if we assume Colak is a direct replacement for Itten, we still have funds for a “significant” signing (according to Jordan Campbell of the Athletic), plus the Aribo money if that deal goes ahead. Surely this’ll kickstart our window?

It looks like we’ve jumped at the first club to make an offer. Prepare to see other lowball offers coming in for Morelos and Kent.
I’m more worried about them for Bassey. Could easily see someone firing in £10m now and us negotiating it up to £11m plus 10% of profit on resale.

So, if we assume Colak is a direct replacement for Itten, we still have funds for a “significant” signing (according to Jordan Campbell of the Athletic), plus the Aribo money if that deal goes ahead. Surely this’ll kickstart our window?
Define significant though. In whose eyes? Could be a £3m guy. Though most of us would be expecting significant to be double that.

The amount of folk in here that don’t know the difference between instalments & add-ons is pretty hilarious :))

Instalments - paid over a period of time usually every 6 months but more likely every 12 months (this is how most transfer fees are paid these days)

Add-ons - based on either player or team related performance as in Aribo plays 50 games or Saints win the FA cup or qualify for Europe etc.

They are not the same thing. If we’re getting slightly less than £10m in one go for Aribo that’s fine, the use of the word ‘significant’ sell on tells me it’s more than 10% as well.
It's absolutely baffling to me people who are clearly invested in football don't know the most basic things. There were about 10 pages earlier on filled with posters trying to explain to others how a release clause works ffs.

Nah we're getting £6m up front for one of our best players who's just scored in a European final. We may be getting add-ons but these will be dependent on appearances and other caveats which are not guaranteed. Meanwhile same club is paying Man City DOUBLE for a player who's played two cup games in his entire career.

Some folk like you are absolutely dying to defend everything we do because you're such a bigger and better fan than the rest of us, that's great.

I call it as I see it. The boy is worth a lot more than his release clause, so we should AT LEAST be getting the £10m up front.

To accept only £6m upfront is bad business. Call me names and insult my intelligence all you want, it doesn't change what it is.

OK then.

By the time Aribo would be in any position to be sold on again for any sizable sum, he'll be 27, which makes the likelihood of it even happening less likely.
Why do people act like 27 is basically retirement age hahahaha, that is literally just entering his prime and would still have 7 years give or take at the top level fs

quite simply because that wasn't offered?

I am sure if the club were offered 10m upfront or 6m upfront and 4m in installs / add ons - they would have taken the former.

If Joe has made it clear he is not planning on staying and signing a new deal his value in theory diminishes by the day.

Colak looked a good player and at under £2M should be a great bit of business. I think he will score plenty of goals in Scotland.

Shame about Aribo leaving, however, he wanted to go….glad to be getting decent return from his service given he’s in his final year.

I presented two possible options for us accepting what appears to be a shite deal, with that one being the least likely.

Folk are suggesting it’s instalments up to £10m. When has a transfer ever been described that way? Was Patterson reported as £9m? Reports tend to specify the set figure plus add-ons, which might never materialise. Everything in the Aribo deal mentions a £6m plus package. The ‘plus’ will be add-ons, not instalments. And I’ve only seen 4LHAD mention a sell-on. Is there a more reliable source intimating that?

Unless, of course, the early reports are bollocks. Which I accept is entirely possible. Be rare for Ornstein to be incorrect though.
You're creating scenarios in your head. I can't help you with that.

Interesting Craigie.
Not really! I know we have been looking at players and it was indicated that we had hoped to have signings made last week that for one reason or another haven't been concluded.

Names, positions etc are unknown to me. I'd suggest if we knew/expected Aribo was leaving a replacement for him would have been targeted.

Also, this has jumped 17 pages since I was last on. Anyone care to do a summary save me wading through it all!

Folk have wanted a player trading model, this is it, yet there is still people acting hysterical.
Let’s wait and see who we bring in first of all before wanting Wilson knighted

We sold Patterson (and rightly so) for a good fee and brought in a Polish lad who’s barely had a sniff

Let’s see how much of the Aribo funds are reinvested

Because as it stands, we’re about to lose a key first 11 player and have already been needing a first 11 right winger and arguably a first 11 goal scoring midfielder

It’s all well and good selling players but if we don’t get suitable replacements in then the model doesn’t work.

£28m and we've spent how much of that on the squad??
Since 2012 we’ve lost more than £100 million. I’d suggest all of that money and more has been spent on the team, just not all in a single transfer window. Were you asleep when we were repeatedly told that investment would be front loaded and then we would work a trading model? We front loaded and never traded for 4 seasons. I know that level of money appears to be meaningless to some but for those who have put it up I think taking a prudent approach to running the club is more than appropriate. People talk as if we don’t have a wage bill to service. Money isn’t going to shareholders, it’s all in the club being spent, what’s hard to understand about that?

Nah we're getting £6m up front for one of our best players who's just scored in a European final. We may be getting add-ons but these will be dependent on appearances and other caveats which are not guaranteed. Meanwhile same club is paying Man City DOUBLE for a player who's played two cup games in his entire career.

Some folk like you are absolutely dying to defend everything we do because you're such a bigger and better fan than the rest of us, that's great.

I call it as I see it. The boy is worth a lot more than his release clause, so we should AT LEAST be getting the £10m up front.

To accept only £6m upfront is bad business. Call me names and insult my intelligence all you want, it doesn't change what it is.
You’re a short term financial thinker. It seems very likely we are getting most paid up front, the rest in instalments (most transfer are done this way) and the most important part…the profit sell on percentage fee.

You are right, Aribo is worth more than 10 million but he is in the last year of his contract. Mane went to Bayern for 27mill plus 8mill of potential add ons. LESS then Man United signed Amad Diallo for (37 million). Who is worth more?

Also, this has jumped 17 pages since I was last on. Anyone care to do a summary save me wading through it all!

Aribo deal is worth £6m, shambles. Nah it's worth £10m, it's a good deal. Naw, it isnae. Aye, it is. Naw, it isnae. Aye, it is. Naw, it isnae. Aye, it is. Naw, it isnae. Aye, it is. Naw, it isnae. Aye, it is. Naw, it isnae. Aye, it is. Naw, it isnae. Aye, it is. Naw, it isnae. Aye, it is. Naw, it isnae. Aye, it is. Naw, it isnae. Aye, it is. Naw, it isnae. Aye, it is.

It'll be £6m up front, then £4m over x amount of time. So we are getting our £10m.
The way its structured is actually good for us as the sell on will take us over the £10m as long as there's no disasters
Not how I read it

Usually deals are announced as the full fee (even if paid over 3/4/5 years)

Most reports seem to indicate £6m fee that could rise to £10m based on add ons (such as appearances etc) with a significant sell on fee

Even if Southampton pay £10m upfront plus a substantial sell on, they are getting an absolute bargain.

Aribo deal is worth £6m, shambles. Nah it's worth £10m, it's a good deal. Naw, it isnae. Aye, it is. Naw, it isnae. Aye, it is. Naw, it isnae. Aye, it is. Naw, it isnae. Aye, it is. Naw, it isnae. Aye, it is. Naw, it isnae. Aye, it is. Naw, it isnae. Aye, it is. Naw, it isnae. Aye, it is. Naw, it isnae. Aye, it is. Naw, it isnae. Aye, it is. Naw, it isnae. Aye, it is.
Somehow I feel this may one of the more sensible posts in the last 17 pages!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back