The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the space of 6 months we'll have pulled in potentially around £28 million in transfer fees, with only one of those sold a first pick who was in the last year of his contract. Yet we have folk who probably, like me, can barely run a current account shouting about how incompetent the club are, lunacy.

Folk have wanted a player trading model, this is it, yet there is still people acting hysterical.

All transfers are the same. They’ll give us a lump sum then pay in bits. Same as us when we eventually sign someone. We’ll pay £100 up front then £50 a month for 100 years.

If it’s a flaw in the wording of the release clause that Soton have found a way around then ‘yes’. As I go on to say, the other option seems more likely.

That said, I’m just catching up and see there is still much ‘vagueness’ over what the deal actually is. I certainly hope it’s not £6m plus performance milestones up to a maximum of £10m.
'A flaw in the wording of the release clause'

Have a word with yourself mate and go stick the kettle on and relax.

Colak will do very well for us imo.

I think he’ll outscore Alfie in the league this season (and that’s assuming Alfie stays obviously)

That I could accept, providing there is a decent sell on clause as I genuinely think he’ll go further than Southampton who have a record of getting big money for players

£6m with £4m in possible add ons would be honking without a sell on.
It'll be £6m up front, then £4m over x amount of time. So we are getting our £10m.
The way its structured is actually good for us as the sell on will take us over the £10m as long as there's no disasters

How many times do you need told? We lost £20 million or thereabouts three seasons on the spin. That can’t go on indefinitely.

We need first and foremost to ensure the club is on an even keel. Which we now are, finally.

Why did the board promise Gerrard money then?

If we're skint, sell players. It's not difficult.

you're talking as if the sell-on is banked money and guaranteed to happen.

I’ve said nothing of the sort haha.

A sell on is what it is, a possibility to make more money if the player does well.

What I have said is we’re likely getting £10m or thereabouts for Aribo, with possibly 6m or so up front, and that this is perfectly normal.

Despite what the bed wetters on here want to say.

Are we really bending over and accepting £6m + add ons for Aribo? A Nigerian international, one of our best players and scorer in Europa final? Easily a £20m player with an extra year on his contract?

But hey not to worry. Accept the derisory offer Rangers, we the fans will continue to plug the funding gap with even more expensive Europa League tickets this season and 48 quid training tops.
What are you basing your hissy fit on here? Are you on a continuities credit card scheme for merchandise? Are you suggesting we just ignore bids for £10 million and keep him until we lose him for free? He may have been a £20 million player with a couple of years left on his deal but then nobody came with that money when he did.

Is buying or £300,000 and selling for £10 million poor business? On top of bringing a kid through the academy and selling for up to £16 million and also bringing a management team from youth football and getting around £4.5 million for them. So we’re sitting at £30 million profit from football business in a period of a year yet the board and Director of Football are the idiots? Sensational stupidity on show here.

In the space of 6 months we'll have pulled in potentially around £28 million in transfer fees, with only one of those sold a first pick who was in the last year of his contract. Yet we have folk who probably, like me, can barely run a current account shouting about how incompetent the club are, lunacy.

Folk have wanted a player trading model, this is it, yet there is still people acting hysterical.

£28m and we've spent how much of that on the squad??

I think us mere non-millionaires have done plenty already, thanks. I really hope you’re not criticising normal fans input since 2012 pal, and especially last season with all these extra and pricey games and the numbers we took to Seville. I think we are well within our rights to challenge the lack of spend in the last two transfer windows to date. A ton of unbudgeted revenue and yet still hardly any decent incomings since January.

I think the millionaires have done plenty as well. You got the privilege of watching a team the millionaires front loaded investment in. The majority of fans in Seville had no effect on the income the club made that day.

If we’ve accepted less than £10m guaranteed (i.e. £6m-7m upfront and the rest of the money is reliant on Aribo performing well/not getting injured) then it would look that way.
That's now how it's being reported so you can relax (lol well not relax but lessen the delirium a bit)

But it's not.

Fúcking hell man.
How do you know it’s not? Ornstein referred to a total “£10m total package” and Jordan Campbell is saying the clubs are negotiating the guaranteed amount. That doesn’t suggest we are guaranteed £10m no matter what if we sell Aribo to Southampton.

In a nutshell

Yes.

And by the way we're getting £10mil for Aribo. You might just read the first figure and decide to let it annoy you but you're getting your wee fillies in a twist over the wrong details.
Nah we're getting £6m up front for one of our best players who's just scored in a European final. We may be getting add-ons but these will be dependent on appearances and other caveats which are not guaranteed. Meanwhile same club is paying Man City DOUBLE for a player who's played two cup games in his entire career.

Some folk like you are absolutely dying to defend everything we do because you're such a bigger and better fan than the rest of us, that's great.

I call it as I see it. The boy is worth a lot more than his release clause, so we should AT LEAST be getting the £10m up front.

To accept only £6m upfront is bad business. Call me names and insult my intelligence all you want, it doesn't change what it is.

Mate, I’ve been around long enough to know that. Some reports suggests ‘instalments’, others refer to ‘packages’ and yet others to ‘add-ons’. First report I read was Ornstein’s - he referred to ‘package’ I’m sure - which, to me, didn’t suggest instalments. As you say, virtually all transfers are instalments so why choose this one to describe it as a ‘package’ if there wasn’t more to it?

Talking about us being stitched us is a bit ridiculous mate.

I still think whatever way you interpret it, we’re overall getting £10m (or close to it) plus a sell on for a player who is able to talk to clubs in January and leave for nothing in 12 months. I don’t understand the hysteria.

How do you know it’s not? Ornstein referred to a total “£10m total package” and Jordan Campbell is saying the clubs are negotiating the guaranteed amount. That doesn’t suggest we are guaranteed £10m no matter what if we sell Aribo to Southampton.

How much does a "£10m total package" come to ?

I'll give you a clue, it's not £6m.

What folk want and hw those folk react are 2 different things, its mental really

There was always a feeling a lot of fans wouldn't be able to accept the player trading model, even though its crucial to the club operating, we are now seeing that come to fruition

Which for a £2m buy is embarrassing, given last year. That plus the non-movement of the shell that is NEH, the non-appearance of the Champions Wall, and selling strips with wrong sponsors ASAP all points in the same direction. Utterly skint without selling. Despite last season’s takings. Unacceptable really.
Another one that thinks the POAK manager happily did an interview where he agreed to lie for us about needing a replacement in. :))

'A flaw in the wording of the release clause'

Have a word with yourself mate and go stick the kettle on and relax.
I presented two possible options for us accepting what appears to be a shite deal, with that one being the least likely.

Folk are suggesting it’s instalments up to £10m. When has a transfer ever been described that way? Was Patterson reported as £9m? Reports tend to specify the set figure plus add-ons, which might never materialise. Everything in the Aribo deal mentions a £6m plus package. The ‘plus’ will be add-ons, not instalments. And I’ve only seen 4LHAD mention a sell-on. Is there a more reliable source intimating that? EDIT: Now see The Athletic mention the sell-on as a possibility.

Unless, of course, the early reports are bollocks. Which I accept is entirely possible. Be rare for Ornstein to be incorrect though.

Last edited:
£1.8m is decent.

Hopefully a bit of a flat track bully, wasn’t initially excited as he hasn’t really played anywhere great at the age of 29.

Decent record across those leagues still, looks like a physical presence too, which we lack when Alfie is missing - hopefully this means we can avoid running Alfie into the ground, without having to change the system too much.

Excited by him now.

What happens if he gets injured first game of the season, falls out the managers plans and is sold on the next season?

I'll give you a clue - we won't be getting £10m

Nah we're getting £6m up front for one of our best players who's just scored in a European final. We may be getting add-ons but these will be dependent on appearances and other caveats which are not guaranteed. Meanwhile same club is paying Man City DOUBLE for a player who's played two cup games in his entire career.

Some folk like you are absolutely dying to defend everything we do because you're such a bigger and better fan than the rest of us, that's great.

I call it as I see it. The boy is worth a lot more than his release clause, so we should AT LEAST be getting the £10m up front.

To accept only £6m upfront is bad business. Call me names and insult my intelligence all you want, it doesn't change what it is.
£10m AT LEAST? Very good.

I presented two possible options for us accepting what appears to be a shite deal, with that one being the least likely.

Folk are suggesting it’s instalments up to £10m. When has a transfer ever been described that way? Was Patterson reported as £9m? Reports tend to specify the set figure plus add-ons, which might never materialise. Everything in the Aribo deal mentions a £6m plus package. The ‘plus’ will be add-ons, not instalments.

Unless, of course, the early reports are bollocks. Which I accept is entirely possible. Be rare for Ornstein to be incorrect though.

Where did Ornstein mention £6m?

I didn’t say we were definitely getting £6m, did I? I used £6m-7m as an example as that was the figure Romano quoted earlier. If it’s anything less than £10m guaranteed then it’s a poor deal. Campbell’s post has said the clubs are negotiating that aspect indicating that it won’t be £10m.

Very disappointing if the £6m up front is true. I can only assume Southampton have stitched us up because of a flaw in the wording around the release clause. Only alternative being Joe saying Southampton were the only club he was interested in and forcing us to stick or twist. Which might be the more likely issue. Otherwise, Rangers would surely have simply waited for one of the other interested clubs to put in a better offer. As I’ve often stated, virtually all the power is with the player these days.

Still, ‘player trading’, eh? I’m sure some will be happy.:rolleyes:
TBF, there are a load of different versions of this deal being reported all over the place so no idea what one to believe.

Absolutely no one can convince me 6 mil upfront is a good deal for Aribo, EL final scorer, so diverse he can play almost anywhere and a player who played the most games in world football last year

Shafted
We will just need to wait and see what the final figure comes out at but it's better than getting nothing next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back