The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aribo 6m upfront and add ons consisting of energy bars/drinks which R Wilson has to
collect from St Mary's Std - shambles

You may joke, but if we hadn’t sold Patterson and got past group stages I hate to think where we’d be now.

But we did and we did so don't lose too much sleep over it

There are issues in the club, course there are but we are now starting to trade like a proper football club, its taken a long time to get back on our feet, I would suggest we have done so as quickly as we could have to be honest

I think we’ve done well to get that sort of deal for Aribo in all honesty, we didn’t have much leverage to begin with.
Which kind of makes release clauses in a players final year of contract abit daft. Think we would of gotten a similar deal had he not had the clause.

Anyway, onwards and upwards

Actually it doesn’t. 10% is very commonplace. And even then sometimes that’s of profit on resale. Generally the bigger (wealthier) club gets the better of those clauses.
It’s always profit on resale.

As I say 5% is utterly pointless. It’ll be 15%.

Very disappointing if the £6m up front is true. I can only assume Southampton have stitched us up because of a flaw in the wording around the release clause. Only alternative being Joe saying Southampton were the only club he was interested in and forcing us to stick or twist. Which might be the more likely issue. Otherwise, Rangers would surely have simply waited for one of the other interested clubs to put in a better offer. As I’ve often stated, virtually all the power is with the player these days.

Still, ‘player trading’, eh? I’m sure some will be happy.:rolleyes:
It looks like we’ve jumped at the first club to make an offer. Prepare to see other lowball offers coming in for Morelos and Kent.

I think us mere non-millionaires have done plenty already, thanks. I really hope you’re not criticising normal fans input since 2012 pal, and especially last season with all these extra and pricey games and the numbers we took to Seville. I think we are well within our rights to challenge the lack of spend in the last two transfer windows to date. A ton of unbudgeted revenue and yet still hardly any decent incomings since January.
It's not difficult to look at the accounts and see where we ate as a business.

It's always been made clear that wealthy individuals wrte keeping us going.

That has to be replaced by player sales now, which is why we should be selling before buying.

We owe the wealthy individuals a lot, but people can't seem to see that, and just want to criticise constantly.

Now that the club are being run like a business, you moan that we're not throwing money around. We should not be spending without selling.

Hahaha can't think of many sell on fees as low as 5% to be honest. If it's significant, it will be at least 15% and as high as 30%.

Ok, lets assume Southampton are paying us around the £9m total as guaranteed payments - give or take.

Why would they allow a 30% sell-on when all they need to do is pay a further £1m or £2m upfront.

My guess (and it’s only a guess) that we have agreed a sell-on to allow them to stagger the payments, i can’t see it being over 10%.

I’ve been wrong before though :D

Very disappointing if the £6m up front is true. I can only assume Southampton have stitched us up because of a flaw in the wording around the release clause. Only alternative being Joe saying Southampton were the only club he was interested in and forcing us to stick or twist. Which might be the more likely issue. Otherwise, Rangers would surely have simply waited for one of the other interested clubs to put in a better offer. As I’ve often stated, virtually all the power is with the player these days.

You do realise almost all transfers are paid in instalments? Like with Patterson we got 9m up front, another 3m in instalments and then 4m possible add ons. Actually to get 9 of the 12 immediately was great business IMO.

People need to calm down with the 6m stuff. If it’s 6 upfront rising to 10, with a % sell on, I don’t see the problem. It’s normal for transfers to work this way.

You assume we have been “stitched up”?
If it’s a flaw in the wording of the release clause that Soton have found a way around then ‘yes’. As I go on to say, the other option seems more likely.

That said, I’m just catching up and see there is still much ‘vagueness’ over what the deal actually is. I certainly hope it’s not £6m plus performance milestones up to a maximum of £10m.

Are we really bending over and accepting £6m + add ons for Aribo? A Nigerian international, one of our best players and scorer in Europa final? Easily a £20m player with an extra year on his contract?

But hey not to worry. Accept the derisory offer Rangers, we the fans will continue to plug the funding gap with even more expensive Europa League tickets this season and 48 quid training tops.

It’s been said a million times, but it’s not like we just sat back and congratulated ourselves.

It’s not like we didn’t want to spend money, we quite literally couldn’t due to the massive £25mill loss and the many millions in directors loans required just to have us functioning as a football club.

You can say it till you are blue in the face mate, some on here assume we should spend fortunes every window but won’t look at the bigger picture.

I honestly think they are still in the 90’s

It's been said a million times that Gerrard was promised money by the board at the end of our 55 season. Money that was never spent.

If we're genuinely potless after the season we've just had then we're a lot worse off than I thought.

That's the part that worries me. If we'd strengthened last season pre Malmo I reckon we'd have qualified and won the league.
Would I swap that for Seville, probably tbh. Some of those nights will live with me forever! Leipzig will never be bettered
Yeah, can even remember the Kaunas debacle. Papped out then the next few weeks we sign Bougherra, Davis, Mendes, Edu

Are we really bending over and accepting £6m + add ons for Aribo? A Nigerian international, one of our best players and scorer in Europa final? Easily a £20m player with an extra year on his contract?

But hey not to worry. Accept the derisory offer Rangers, we the fans will continue to plug the funding gap with even more expensive Europa League tickets this season and 48 quid training tops.

Not the brightest.

No. We’re accepting a package worth 10 million + a sell on fee.

Very good business from Wilson to get more than his release clause so late in the day.

Are you believing the rumours?

Dont buy tickets or training tops

Athletic saying significant sell on clause and full package will be £10m
That I could accept, providing there is a decent sell on clause as I genuinely think he’ll go further than Southampton who have a record of getting big money for players

£6m with £4m in possible add ons would be honking without a sell on.

It's been said a million times that Gerrard was promised money by the board at the end of our 55 season. Money that was never spent.

If we're genuinely potless after the season we've just had then we're a lot worse off than I thought.
How many times do you need told? We lost £20 million or thereabouts three seasons on the spin. That can’t go on indefinitely.

We need first and foremost to ensure the club is on an even keel. Which we now are, finally.

The amount of folk in here that don’t know the difference between instalments & add-ons is pretty hilarious :))

Instalments - paid over a period of time usually every 6 months but more likely every 12 months (this is how most transfer fees are paid these days)

Add-ons - based on either player or team related performance as in Aribo plays 50 games or Saints win the FA cup or qualify for Europe etc.

They are not the same thing. If we’re getting slightly less than £10m in one go for Aribo that’s fine, the use of the word ‘significant’ sell on tells me it’s more than 10% as well.

£6m up front and add ons or installments is the normal way to structure transfer fees.

It is not a stitch up. The guy could easily run down his contract, or leave for a fraction of that price in January.

We had some cards, they had some too. In the end it's probably a good deal for both sides.

Ok, lets assume Southampton are paying us around the £9m total as guaranteed payments - give or take.

Why would they allow a 30% sell-on when all they need to do is pay a further £1m or £2m upfront.

My guess (and it’s only a guess) that we have agreed a sell-on to allow them to stagger the payments, i can’t see it being over 10%.

I’ve been wrong before though :D
I'm not saying it is 30%, but significant would imply it is a good portion such as 30%, not 5. The reason any sell-on fee is being added is because they don't want to pay it up-front, maybe it's an FFP thing, who knows.

You do realise almost all transfers are paid in instalments? Like with Patterson we got 9m up front, another 3m in instalments and then 4m possible add ons. Actually to get 9 of the 12 immediately was great business IMO.

People need to calm down with the 6m stuff. If it’s 6 upfront rising to 10, with a % sell on, I don’t see the problem. It’s normal for transfers to work this way.
Mate, I’ve been around long enough to know that. Some reports suggests ‘instalments’, others refer to ‘packages’ and yet others to ‘add-ons’. First report I read was Ornstein’s - he referred to ‘package’ I’m sure - which, to me, didn’t suggest instalments. As you say, virtually all transfers are instalments so why choose this one to describe it as a ‘package’ if there wasn’t more to it?

It's not even a good season. All you need is a a run of 6 or 7 great games to catch the eye. Joe has that much talent in his locker that he is more than capable of doing so.

He is going to be playing with relegation fodder, so will likely be chasing the ball most of the time.
As good as it can go, it could also go horribly wrong and if they were to get relegated, where would that leave him.

Which kind of makes release clauses in a players final year of contract abit daft. Think we would of gotten a similar deal had he not had the clause.

Anyway, onwards and upwards
Sell on clause isn’t for the clubs benefit, it’s a clause the player/agent will insist on.

Yer on the money there old chap

if the remainder of the 10m is in instalments, then tbh it doesn’t make much difference. If we have outstanding instalments or loan payments to make ourselves, the budget will just be adjusted to cover those with the Southampton money and that frees up some liquid cash.

Tbh, it seems like 6 million is the max Gio would get from a 10 million sale.

If we want a sell on, then it probably becomes 2m instalments and 2m performance based. For that, I would gamble on it if we were able to get 20% of the profits or more.

you're talking as if the sell-on is banked money and guaranteed to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back