The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which kind of makes release clauses in a players final year of contract abit daft. Think we would of gotten a similar deal had he not had the clause.

Anyway, onwards and upwards
Possibly, without being involved in the negotiations it’s hard to say, maybe if anything it gave both teams a starting point.

Ridiculous if it’s £6m plus addons , should be £10m straight up , that boy from Aberdeen just left for Liverpool for more money , a joke if that’s the case underselling our players again
So nothing to do with the buyout clause of 10m in his contract then?

A real pity tbh, he’s worth more than that. But it is a huge profit from the £300k outlay.

It's strange that usually folk on here hang on this Romano fuds every word . Of course now he's saying something that people don't want to hear and all of a sudden hes said to be talking pish.
Surely he's wrong as a deal at that price structured like that is an absolute piss take

Have you read the thread? Romano has quoted 6m on twitter and 10m on Facebook

It's strange that usually folk on here hang on this Romano fuds every word . Of course now he's saying something that people don't want to hear and all of a sudden hes said to be talking pish.
Surely he's wrong as a deal at that price structured like that is an absolute piss take
Well considering he put something different on Facebook to what he put on Twitter then he got it wrong somewhere.

And given his Facebook post ties in with pretty much every other report then I’d say it’s quite likely that it was his Twitter one which was incorrect.

Deoe
Ridiculous if it’s £6m plus addons , should be £10m straight up , that boy from Aberdeen just left for Liverpool for more money , a joke if that’s the case underselling our players again
Depends what the deal in the contract was. We got him for peanuts and part of the reason he came here will have been whatever clause he agreed.

If we had sold him a year ago would we have got what we have now? We have done well by him and he has helped us and a contract is a contract.

No, I’d spend money on a CB who’d start or be competing to start most weeks.
We just resigned Goldson

Got Souter in

And some people rate Bassey £20+ million

We also have a Swedish international who’s probably 4th choice

Katic and King also in the first team squad

That’s 6 (six) centre backs FFS!

But you would use our limited (some say) finances on a 7th centre back

It’s being reported that he’s going to Glasgow for his medical before flying out to Portugal.

Like I said before, we used to do them in Manchester but that was under Dr Waller. If he has gone then we’ll do them wherever the new doc prefers. They can still do them At Auchenhowie so might get some press shots there before he heads off to meet with the rest of the squad.

Like I said before, we used to do them in Manchester but that was under Dr Waller. If he has gone then we’ll do them wherever the new doc prefers. They can still do them At Auchenhowie so might get some press shots there before he heads off to meet with the rest of the squad.

Most likely. Hopefully see him with a scarf above his head later today.

Rangers fans keep expecting a single player sale to raise £25 million cos seperate entity got that for cornflake hips.
We expected it for Alfie and and now we are expecting it for Bassey. But it may not transpire. Are Celtic just better at getting money for their players? How the fukc do they do it? It infuriates me.
Because they get one or 2 that make a success of it. So if Jo is a success at Southampton it will prove we are developing players properly so we will be seen as good to buy from and we will also attract more youngsters (as in fact we are doing). It's what the likes of Ajax have been doing for 40 years. We are just now getting our head above water after years of neglect, relegation and previous years of busting the bank. This is the way to go and if Nathan and Jo succeed it all points upwards.

I believe Doc Waller has gone but in Jordan Campbell's John Park article yesterday, there was mention of additions to the medical staff that weren't elaborated upon. That may mean a new club doc.

Can we do them in Auchenhowie? Not sure what they entail, like MRI or x-rays?

At the risk of stating the obvious (again), the folk who are comparing the Aribo situation to the likes of Ajer, Edouard or Ramsay should probably realise at some point those aren’t like for like comparisons due to the lack of a release clause.

The release clause naturally puts a maximum on what we might be able to attract for the player, so it’s an apples and oranges comparison and therefore pretty pointless in the grand scheme of things.

Of course it is but we will see record levels of income from last season when the accounts are published with, hopefully a reasonable profit for the year.

The "trading model" we are well versed in, some better than others, means we buy low and sell high but also reinvest in the squad. We've taken in £10m (however structured for Aribo) & £1.5im ish for Itten. To not spend any of that on the squad, whether fees or salaries, would be negligent.
You say “of course it is” but there are many who don’t seem to take that position.
I think we still have some unknowns, such as the SD settlement and what that entails.
OK I’m preaching to the converted, but stability of the Club has to be No1 priority, no ifs or buts.
The only people with all the facts are the board and they have to strike the right balance between spending and not..
I think the next Accounts will show us much nearer stability than we’ve been for years, but it also has to be understood that there is a difference between Profit and Cash Flow. It’s very possible to show a healthy Profit and still be cash poor.
Maybe the board are being ultra cautious, but I think negligent is putting it too strongly.
In saying that, It wouldn’t sit well if they turned out to be sitting on a pile of unused cash.

6m for Aribo stings like fukc i dont believe this. Start of the window I thought minimum 15m then thought ok release clause 10m sucks but it’s a good return but now only 6 plus add ons?

£10m is more than fair given his contract situation (hands tied with the release clause anyway)
Sounds like the club is sticking to their guns and making sure we get the full value as well.

We need to start selling to the EPL and for the players to perform to really kick the player trading model into action.

Hopefully gives Gio the funds to make 1 or 2 quality additions as well.

Whatever the fee or the payment structure turns out to be - Southampton are getting an incredible bargain
I just wish we could be fortunate enough to obtain players at a fraction of their 'true' value - from here on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back