The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bongonda would be a good signing but I've not seen any reputable source mention it, just a couple random fan sites that have used FF as a source and a Belgium site that has used those same 'Scottish Sources'.

So it's pretty much someone looking on FF and writing an article about it.

Hate to piss on anyone’s chips but there’s no way Colak AND Bongonda are signing at the same time.

As tight as we are with rumours, there’s no chance that Bongonda has flown in under the radar.

Not really sure in that regard, but some of the stuff recently he’s just been jumping onto after it’s appeared in places like FF
He checks with his pal at H&H whenever we get linked with anyone then once he gets confirmation he posts it. The guy gets a hard time on here buts he's one of the only media outlets that doesn't try to downplay us and talk the Tim's up as if they're superior.

Hate to piss on anyone’s chips but there’s no way Colak AND Bongonda are signing at the same time.

As tight as we are with rumours, there’s no chance that Bongonda has flown in under the radar.

Bongonda has already been confirmed to be leaving by his club I'm sure.

U18s seem to be on a recruiting spree just now.

His loan in league one with Queen's Park wasn't a success but a lot of time for him to get used to professional football.
Pretty sure only two of the existing u16 squad got offered pro deals when they turned 16, so that group has effectively been 'gutted'. Hence the heavy recruitment.

Why is there no chance?

It's incredibly rare a team pays out a big fee (for us) without even a sliver of a rumour. This would be our biggest fee by far since Kent 3 years ago so you'd have to imagine negotiations would have been going on for at least a month.

Agents talk, clubs talk, players talk.

So he should have been sold last summer and the £10m handed to Gerrard or been offered a big pay rise say £10k extra a week with a £15-20m buyout clause with a few of million going to the player as a sweetener.

Sitting doing nothing is why we are several weeks away from Morelos and Kent being worthless in terms of value as well.
You never answered my earlier point or any other points that poster's have made.

How do you sell someone to a team that they don't want to go to?

The players hold all the power. They have all the aces.

Gerrard didn't want any of his squad sold. He wanted to spend money and keep the squad intact.

If we do not receive any bids in line with what we expect then what do we do?

£6 million up front for Aribo, makes my moan about the £10 million even better. Obviously we won’t know the actual figure until next years accounts though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back