The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the word package was being used by more than one person last night to describe the deal that's when people should have realised we weren't getting 10 million guaranteed. More than six would have been nice but the club aren't going to agree to a deal if those add-ons have no shot of being achieved, there's also the sell on clause for a player going to a league where a bang average season makes you worth 15 million.

Sorry mate, but you cannot factor Edouard's wages and signing on fee into his profit, then ignore the 3 years of wages we have paid Aribo in order to create equivalence. We paid £2 million for Joe and even on £10k per week £1.5 million in wages (he is probably on at least double that), meaning we are looking at £2.5 million profit.

I didn't - read the post again. The quote from John Park mentioned his wages, I said I was ignoring that on all sides.

That's just shite, and you know it.

He's signed Hagi, Roofe, Bassey, McLaughlin, Balogun, Wright, Sakala, Lundstram, Defoe who have all, to some extent, been important players for us.
for.
Bassey and Lundstram came from the Gerrard camp, the latter against Wilson’s advice.

Defoe was just a call from Gerrard.

If you’re happy with the other signings you list then you must be delighted coming 2nd.

He was flying in January.

Remember this guy is supposed to be in the position to make things happen. Unearth players for undervalue and sell ours when their value peaks.

Based on your view that he can’t actually be expected to impact anything, what’s the point in him being there?

And he went to AFCON, would anyone sign a new player when the first month he is away?

Rugby Park,Tony Macaroni Stadium......Ethihad,Tottenham Hotspur Stadium,Old Trafford......

Southampton wouldn’t be favourites in too many of them places mate , and big Joe’s been in a team that usually dominates games , much as I like him and hope he does really well it could be a culture shock , interesting to see how it goes but I wish the big man well ..

I reckon their is better chat in an asylum. Literally the same drivel being spouted in here since this morning
By the same people! Think they should go outside and...
touching-grass.gif

8 assists in SPFL last season 26 games
3 assists in EL last season in 14 games

3, yes 3 goals in those 40 games.

Hardly inspiring stats.

Anyway I've spent enough time on this individual today.
If you can’t see what he brings to the team then you are watching the wrong sport.
Never mind stats I use my eyes to see what he brings to our team.

My FF timeline is like an SNP freedom of information request with all the redactions due to how many drama queens are now on ignore.

Every single person that says 'its only £6 million' and completely ignored the add on's and sell on part, into the sea (metaphorically, I really mean the ignore function.)

My FF timeline is like an SNP freedom of information request with all the redactions due to how many drama queens are now on ignore.

Every single person that says 'its only £6 million' and completely ignored the add on's and sell on part, into the sea (metaphorically, I really mean the ignore function.)
One thing I’ve never actually used, on any platform, except for two folk on twitter :))

He's signed Hagi, Roofe, Bassey, McLaughlin, Balogun, Wright, Sakala, Lundstram, Defoe who have all, to some extent, been important players for us.

There have been misses - Zungu, Bacuna, Itten, Simpson, Kamberi, Ramsey and Diallo.

The rest, the jury remains out on - Zukowski, Sands, Ofoborh, but there is no evidence to say they've been misses.
:oops: that list of signings really doesn't get much easier to read when it is posted on here, time and time again.

Because it is only £6m guaranteed. Nobody has any idea how achievable the add ons are, and if Aribo will be enough of a success to get us a decent sell on fee.

Thats nothing but speculation. The 6m is the guarantee. I thought you're the type who hates speculation and the sort? Do you want people to start talking about imaginary figures that are made up?

Have neither the time nor the will to keep up with the thread so this may have been asked before. If the buy out is £10m and as suggested there are a number of clubs interested why are we/and Aribo seemingly so keen to take this deal from Southampton? I don't get it, surely a few of the club's mentioned like Crystal Palace would be better options for him?

Briefing he has a £10m release clause, then not hitting that figure but the player going anyway….. bizarre.

Worryingly I get the impression the club think their comms/media/control the narrative strategy is great, when it’s actually worse than the Bain era.
Tbh I think it also makes a mockery of the fan media guys passing this info on in good faith

David Graham / the board / Wilson must think we’re all stupid

Because it is only £6m guaranteed. Nobody has any idea how achievable the add ons are, and if Aribo will be enough of a success to get us a decent sell on fee.

Thats nothing but speculation. The 6m is the guarantee. I thought you're the type who hates speculation and the sort? Do you want people to start talking about imaginary figures that are made up?
You said it, nobody knows the add ons. For all we know it could be another £4m after he does his first shite in St Mary’s.

If the add ons are easily achieved and we have a good sell on then it’s potentially much better than just a straight £10m.

I’ve warned everyone numerous times to stop debating the Aribo fee, it’s incessant :D

I’m almost at the stage of opening up a can of whoop ass.

You said it, nobody knows the add ons. For all we know it could be another £4m after he does his first shite in St Mary’s.

If the add ons are easily achieved and we have a good sell on then it’s potentially much better than just a straight £10m.
Here's hoping, but until then anyone talking about anything over 6m is just speculating. So I'm unsure how posters could possibly have a go at folk for daring to mention it.

Here's hoping, but until then anyone talking about anything over 6m is just speculating. So I'm unsure how posters could possibly have a go at folk for daring to mention it.
Same goes for the folk slating the club for it when they don’t actually know the details.

Meanwhile SunSport understands that there is no truth in reports in Finland linking the Gers with HJK Helsinki star Kai Meriluoto.

The Ibrox men snapped up Alfredo Morelos from Helsinki a few seasons back, but reports in the Finnish media on Meriluoto were dismissed as wide of the mark.

Another man the Gers WON'T be pursuing is St Mirren midfielder Dylan Reid.

Contrary to reports elsewhere, the Gers are NOT thought to be in the market for the Saints midfielder.
Sun spot mmm

Yeah, maybe he’s actually doing a great job.

Maybe Ramsey and Diallo were great signings.

Maybe we actually made a fortune on Itten.

Maybe Roofe and Helander will never be injured again.

Maybe Allan McGregor will reverse the aging process and become a great keeper again.

Maybe Jack Simpson will become the England captain.

Or maybe Ross Wilson just isn’t that good at his job?
This is a bit harsh. On paper we all wanted diallo and ramsey. That they flopped isnt on wilson. Helander wasn’t overly injury prone when we got him. Roofe, was it not for injuries, wouldn’t have been here and yet he has done us a turn. Gerrard really wanted simpson.

Shagger il give you.

Not a rumour but see Boniface? For Bobo Glimt scored a hat trick. Was he there when they skelped the bheggars?

8 assists in SPFL last season 26 games
3 assists in EL last season in 14 games

3, yes 3 goals in those 40 games.

Hardly awe inspiring stats.

Anyway I've spent enough time on this individual today.
This individual?
He occupies 2, sometimes 3 players.
It's not all about "numbers"
Another for the ignore list.

You have a real high opinion of yourself given your constant need to mention that you ignore folk as though posters should be gutted about it.

Would like to know how proactive Ross Wilson is when it comes to contract talks with our existing players. Everything always seems to take an age in this department - even with players who want to stay. We're getting into situations with players entering the last year of their deals far too often these days. Even Mark Allen didn't seem to have any trouble with getting players tied down on longer deals.

Look at Calvin Bassey for example - we signed him as a development player from Leicester. He wont be earning much right now, and he is loving it here. It should be extremely easy for us to offer him better terms and get him tied down on a longer deal. Personally I'm surprised it hasn't already happened.

It would be an utter disgrace if we're in the same position with Bassey this time next year as we are with Aribo, Kent, Morelos etc.

Ross Wilson should be making it happen at this very moment, and if not then why?

Let's hope aribo does well, Patterson aswell. One thing the other lot have is credit (ie have done well) in the bank from EPL clubs when buying there players, we dont have that yet.

We really need some positive news in the next week or so. Colak plus one other is a minimum, otherwise the support is going to be come more and more restless.

This is a bit harsh. On paper we all wanted diallo and ramsey. That they flopped isnt on wilson. Helander wasn’t overly injury prone when we got him. Roofe, was it not for injuries, wouldn’t have been here and yet he has done us a turn. Gerrard really wanted simpson.

Shagger il give you.
That’s a lot of slack you’re cutting him.

I’m not sure everyone did want Ramsey or Diallo.

You should know him by now.

Earlier on here talking up the deal. Snide digs at anyone that wasn’t convinced it was £10m guaranteed. The sky was blue, anyone not agreeing were all miserable etc.

Now credible journalists confirm it is in fact only £6m guaranteed, and he’s on having snide digs at those that were correct all along wanting folk to stop mentioning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back