The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't trust a word from that football Scotland page. Pretty sure that was the ones I had to block from showing on various social media platforms that I use . It seemed to be nothing more than another bheast love in with sly digs at us thrown in at every opportunity.

No offence.
Is he really keeping any of the others out the midfield, if they are fit?
Not for me.

Strange signing.

He's younger than Stephen Kelly and already a full cap for the Yanks.

He's knocked King further down the central defence pecking order too, despite it not being his best position.

He's over 6ft, quick and athletic, reads situations well and moves the ball quickly.

Gio clearly likes him and I think he'll continue to progress this season.
At the end of the season, we can then decide whether or not we keep him.

There's no need to make a decision just now.

Absolutely we do while he’s unable to play for anyone and while we take care of him medically.

We’ve done it for 2 years already that’s not going to change now.

What sort of scum would we look like terminating the contract of a guy with a heart condition ffs.
It’s not being scum it’s being realistic. He’s a footballer being paid to play football, if he cannot do that then he is unable to fulfil his contract.

I was a PE teacher who then had major life changing spinal surgery and had to have conversations about the ability to fulfil the duties of my job and contract. When it was clear it wasn’t a long term career, I took actions to retrain and changed careers. Does that make the council scum? No, I wasn’t able to do what I was paid to do.

It’s exactly the same, if Ofoborh is not able to play, his contract will be terminated.

Just the five more signings then... B-D
Players obviously need to go out too I should add, as the squad is bloated.

My reasoning is simple though. GK McGregor is done, and I think we need someone better than McLaughlin.

Bassey will need replaced, as Gio said possibly with two players, left back and centre half.

A replacement for Jack due to the amount of football he misses.

Finally we currently have one fit striker. Roofe can’t be relied upon, Morelos if he doesn’t sign we need to try and move. That just leaves Colak, so I don’t think 5 more is that outrageous.

We need to win trophies mate, football trophies not the parsimony premier league. Besides I don't actually think I've seen anyone suggesting we blow all of the Bassey fee on transfers in, so not sure what your getting sanctimonious about.
This thread and others are full of people saying we need to be signing £4 or £5m players and thinking the players we’ve signed are backups. That we still need a quality centre back, goal keeper, striker, attacking midfielder and left back! When everything our club, manager and board says and does shows otherwise yet still they expect it!

We signed a striker for almost £2m yet some people seem to think he’s going to be 3rd or 4th choice as we’re going to get an even better striker.

We brought at prospect from Bayern with an option to buy but people don’t think he’s ready and that he won’t be part of the plans.

We’ve given McGreggor a new contract and kept McLaughlin, rightly or wrongly, and fans think we’re going to spend “a big chunk of the Bassey fee” on a goal keeper.

We have about 50 midfielders on the books yet fans think we are going to sign a £10m “marquee signing” to make the difference.

Everything that has happened the last 5 years has shown we work on a model of signing players for relatively low fees, keep the core together and try and sell for a profit. Even Kent was only signed after we had him a full season and knew he would fit in. £4m appears to be out ceiling and only if we have someone who we know can be a game changer.

Have I missed anything? I just can’t understand how so many of our fans don’t realise these realities!

It’s not being scum it’s being realistic. He’s a footballer being paid to play football, if he cannot do that then he is unable to fulfil his contract.

I was a PE teacher who then had major life changing spinal surgery and had to have conversations about the ability to fulfil the duties of my job and contract. When it was clear it wasn’t a long term career, I took actions to retrain and changed careers. Does that make the council scum? No, I wasn’t able to do what I was paid to do.

It’s exactly the same, if Ofoborh is not able to play, his contract will be terminated.

It’s not and it won’t be.

He could retire but we won’t sack him like you’re suggesting.

Roofe to League 1 is surprising, would have thought some mid table championship side would have been all over him.

That said, I’m not sure I can see anyone buying him out right from us considering his injury record with us.

Overall, a good signing when you consider how important he was in 55 season and some big goals in Europe.

Just a shame he’s more injury prone than me.

Be good to get him off the wage bill, because he must be at the top end. Means we need another striker.

Nonsense.

It’s hardly a strange signing.

A well-thought of young American, regular participant in his team’s Championship-winning league season and had just started to feature in his national squad - indeed, playing in the Gold Cup-winning team, including the Final.

And all for an 18-month loan. What’s strange about that?
my tip for the next player to rise under Gio, he's to Goldson. Watch him go

Is it, when you see all the attacking players we've signed?
2 of Jack, Lundstrum, Kamara or Sands. Then Kent, Tillman, Matondo, Colak.
(Obviously I'm talking in Europe especially)
Maybe I'm in the minority.
I can accept that.

But I wouldn't have him in, in front of Davis, Jack, Kamara, Lundstram, Tillman, Lowry, McCann...Baxter, Prytz, Iain Ferguson ...or Big Dave Smith!

Ok.But I think you get my meaning.

Can't see Roofe going to Derby unless we're subsidising a good part of the wages.

After what they've went through they're not going to be paying someone £26k in League One.

And if that's the case I'd rather keep him.

The problem is who can you get in that is happy to be a third choice striker
That's not how you put it to a player obviously and it isn't how RW will put it to them either.

They'll be happy to come in and get games considering any option who comes in will likely know they'll get minutes given the amount of football our team has played the last year or so.

Who will my profile picture be now :(
485729-1616788548.jpg

The entire Davies situation is very odd. As I remember, he had agreed to join the Tims and then Liverpool came in for him. A very unusual signing for them. Doesn’t seem to fit their profile in any way. The only mitigating factor is that they had a bit of a defensive crisis at the time but still, doesn’t fit their profile in any way. Has never made an appearance for them competitively as far as I can tell and now we’re in for him. Lavish blog fodder for Tim conspiracists B-)

Don't agree with this at all tbh but will wait to see where we are come late August before throwing the toys out
He misses far too many games, which is a shame cos he’s a brilliant player. With him,helander, souttar and jack all having alot of injury problems we need to look and try and move on from them type of players

I get not everyone will be like tav or goldson but Roofe n helanders injury issues are ridiculous

The Derby fans are getting properly excited with the Roofe talk.

This was like us when the Ramsey loan was first mooted.

It’s not and it won’t be.

He could retire but we won’t sack him like you’re suggesting.
It’s exactly the same mate.

I never said he should be sacked, I said his contract should be terminated under agreement of both parties, so he would be paid off.

The problem is who can you get in that is happy to be a third choice striker
In terms of actual quality I think Roofe to Colak is a downgrade (not based on anything he has done for us far too early to make an judgement) but Colak’s availability is so much better which is very important and negates the quality differences the two have, as Colak is still a decent player

We will have done very well to get him off the books if that goes through

Will never stay fit and cannot be relied on because of that.

It’s a shame because he’s actually a pretty decent player with a good return on him but we can’t afford passengers

Hopefully Helander isn’t far behind him
If roofe stayed fit then he'd break the league 1 goalscoring record playing for derby. The staying fit part is the sad bit

Ran Barisic ragged in that first half. I liked the look of him.

Out of contract next summer.

A goal in every 5 and a half games at Blackpool. That is decent considering the level of team he’s in.
Decent but not for Rangers , its Rangers transfer thread and he is so far off what we need.

Wtf??

I absolutely will not believe that until he has a black and white scarf above his head, and I'll be utterly astounded if that happens. Biggest basket case club in English football right now, and League 1?? The guy is EPL level ffs, his injuries aren't *that* bad

I did think it was ridiculous but it was the same guy who told me 2 players would sign on the Thursday we were in Portugal which got ridiculed on here but he was right.

If we used some of the Bassey money and really went for a squad cleanse I would do the following, Football Manager head on though - Pinch of salt required;

Out - Bassey, Katic, Helander, Simpson, Middleton, Roofe, Kelly, Sakala and McCrorie

In - New GK, New LB, New CB, New ST, New LW/ST and a new CM

Totally fantasy stuff though but its a hypothetical situation.

It’s exactly the same mate.

I never said he should be sacked, I said his contract should be terminated under agreement of both parties, so he would be paid off.

Terminated is us ending it.

Like I have said, he’s not going to give up his medical care and rightly so.

Like I said it won’t be happening, but it’s where I think we could do with strengthening.

To be fair some clowns on here said we wouldn’t be having a rebuild. Well with Aribo and Bassey gone, and four in the door and more to come I would say they were wrong.
I would call if a refresh and not a rebuild. When I called out those expecting a “rebuild”, McGregor, Goldson, Bassey, Balogun, Barisic, Helander, Katic, Davis, Arfield, Aribo, Kamara, Alfie, Jack, Kent and Roofe were all going in their view! So far only 3 of that list have gone, 4 have had new contracts and maybe 2 more will go. Our starting 11 yesterday only had one new player. That’s not a rebuild

A drop down to League 1 for Roofe is quite hard to imagine. Would have thought plenty of championship sides would be interested in taking a punt
He's so much better than league 1. It's his availability/reliability that's screwed his career. A better finisher with his kind of movement you'd struggle to find at that level.

Roofe to League 1 is surprising, would have thought some mid table championship side would have been all over him.

That said, I’m not sure I can see anyone buying him out right from us considering his injury record with us.

Overall, a good signing when you consider how important he was in 55 season and some big goals in Europe.

Just a shame he’s more injury prone than me.

Be good to get him off the wage bill, because he must be at the top end.
Think they’re going to go straight for promotion this year so maybe a loan to buy and if they get promoted he’s in the championship. Was said a while ago Gio didn’t see him in his plans this season but you’d imagine we would want another striker in rather than just Morelos, Colak and Sakala. (Unless Tillman will be used as a striker but I thought he was more AM)

Your right though, shame about his injuries because on his day he can be class.

It would be nice to see some of the posters on here being made to eat their words. When Sands or Souttar are standout key players for us all season! Or if Helander gets fit for a long period of time. It’s like some “fans” would rather they were right that someone was a flop than to admit they were wrong and have the player flourish.
There are still some who would sell Alfie, Tav, Kent and Goldson for virtually nothing.

Players obviously need to go out too I should add, as the squad is bloated.

My reasoning is simple though. GK McGregor is done, and I think we need someone better than McLaughlin.

Bassey will need replaced, as Gio said possibly with two players, left back and centre half.

A replacement for Jack due to the amount of football he misses.

Finally we currently have one fit striker. Roofe can’t be relied upon, Morelos if he doesn’t sign we need to try and move. That just leaves Colak, so I don’t think 5 more is that outrageous.

Surely having Kamara, Lundstram, Davis, Sands and McCann, is ample cover for the Ryan Jack position.

A quality left sided central defender and an equally good left back, are the main priorities, for me.

I've not seen a lot of Ben Davies, but I'm a little concerned that he couldn't hold down a regular spot at a pretty ordinary Sheff Utd.

No offence.
Is he really keeping any of the others out the midfield, if they are fit?
Not for me.

Strange signing.
How is it strange? He was one of the best players in MLS in the 2021 season. Only just turned 22 and has 7 caps for a strong USA team. He has been solid for us and can play a few positions. He came in halfway through the season. Time will tell wether he kicks on again but if not what have we risked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back