Lovelace

Glad his injury from last week just seems to have been a knock, the boy looks a player and that’s a cracker of a goal

Miles away I'd imagine. Boy looks a real talent but our first team is a massive massive step up from the level he's currently playing at. Still excited about him for the future but I don't think he'll be involved anytime soon.
Really exciting seeing the talented players in the B team right now mate. Seen Lovelace had made his pro debut for Millwall which is impressive at his age.

That’s a topper of a goal.

He can’t be too far away from first team, especially if he is tearing it up in the B team and putting the ball in the net.

What’s the difference, playing against hammer throwers in the B team can’t be too much different from the same hammer throwers in the SPFL?

Give him a chance in the cup games, let’s see what he can bring.

Miles away I'd imagine. Boy looks a real talent but our first team is a massive massive step up from the level he's currently playing at. Still excited about him for the future but I don't think he'll be involved anytime soon.

It's a great finish but people need to calm down with him and just let him develop in his own time. Had all this last season with Alegria and look how that worked for him when he stepped up a level.

Seems to be good good to be playing at that level. Won’t surprise me if he goes out on loan in the next few weeks.

Really exciting seeing the talented players in the B team right now mate. Seen Lovelace had made his pro debut for Millwall which is impressive at his age.

Agreed the likes of Lovelace and McCann really look like they may be able to make that step up (McCann has already featured) but Lovelace is still only 16. Apparently his first team appearances for Millway came via a 1st team injury crisis and Millwall are levels below us so not sure I put much stock in that.

The lads who done the B team reports on Heart and Hand Podcast alluded to the fact he only had 1 appearance for Millwall last season was a red herring. They reckon he’d have been in their 1st team squad this season, whether that’s them ITK or just blown away by the lad I don’t know but he’s a talent, and a full season in the Lowland League wouldn’t be a huge selling point. Hopefully he gets a chance like Lowry and takes that chance as well as that goal

That’s a topper of a goal.

He can’t be too far away from first team, especially if he is tearing it up in the B team and putting the ball in the net.

What’s the difference, playing against hammer throwers in the B team can’t be too much different from the same hammer throwers in the SPFL?

Give him a chance in the cup games, let’s see what he can bring.

The lowland league is miles off the SPL standard wise. I agree with maybe seeing him against lower league opposition in the cups but even the likes of Livi and St Mirren would 9 times out of 10 smash every team in the Lowland league.

He played several games for Millwall in the English Championship which is a similar level to our league.
If he continues to score goals then Gio must give him a chance.

He only played a total of 27 minutes as a sub when they had lots of injuries and they were also looking to get him to resign.

He is doing well and if he continues to progress then might get to train with the first team but at that age actually playing football is important to develop

He played several games for Millwall in the English Championship which is a similar level to our league.
If he continues to score goals then Gio must give him a chance.
Let’s not over-egg it. He has 5 appearances it’s true. 3 of them were of 1 minute each. Another was 5 minutes and the final one was a worthy 19 minutes.

He looks for have tremendous potential. He will probably get some training time with the First Team between now and the end of the year, followed by a loan for the second half of the season.

I'm very much of the opinion of you're good enough you're lod enough. It's good enough for all the other top teams in Europe after all however not good enough for FF.

In saying that though there may as well have been no opposition in that clip so I'll not form my opinion on that :D

Anyone who has watched both players will tell you there is a world of difference between the 2.

Lovelace will play for the 1st team sometime this season.

There might well be but there's a world of difference between the Lowland League and our 1st team level.

If you're good enough you're old enough. When I started watching Rangers in 1970 we frequently had teenagers in the team. They weren't diddies either, DJ, Parlane,O'Hara,Alfie Conn. If this boy is good enough Gio will give him a chance as the Dutch aren't scared to blood youngsters.

Great finish from the lad, would be good to see him in the early rounds of the domestic cups

There might well be but there's a world of difference between the Lowland League and our 1st team level.
Absolutely. Worlds apart.

I stand by my view though that he will play for the first team at some stage this season.

Absolutely. Worlds apart.

I stand by my view though that he will play for the first team at some stage this season.
Don’t think it’s too outlandish, several B team players last season make played for the first team.

He’s 16. Miles away
Laughs in Derek Johnstone

D8328868-E93-B-4-F91-94-AD-017-BEBD3-C982.jpg

Back