Alfie not going to Eindhoven

Who gives a sh*t? It's all for show, just like his pics from the public gym last night. He has had all summer to get fit and we're heading into a £40m cup final tonight without him because his professionalism is scandalous.

Not really true is it when the club had told fan media he was due back in September at the earliest? He's clearly worked hard to get into the position to return earlier than scheduled. Gio was full of praise for him just 2 weeks ago after he scored against Kilmarnock for how hard he's worked as well.

Not really true is it when the club had told fan media he was due back in September at the earliest? He's clearly worked hard to get into the position to return earlier than scheduled. Gio was full of praise for him just 2 weeks ago after he scored against Kilmarnock for how hard he's worked as well.
Fucking hell.

Professional footballers we're talking about here, not a pub team full of old mates.

I don't think he should have seen red at the weekend, but he's still letting the team down with his poor fitness and never learning to avoid getting wound up by opponents.
He is.
In my opinion the players who commented publicly on him have let him down too.
There was no need to make any comment outwith the confines of the dressing room.

The manager should have told him he was dropped for the foreseeable and had a long hard road back, again in private.

Public utterances on these matters never work out well. All Gio had to say was "Alfredo will not travel with the squad as he's not fit".

Why give our haters ammunition? It makes no sense.

Gerrard turned him around only for last season, Morelos to return to old ways which resulted in him publicly calling Morelos out twice for not doing enough

Let’s not rewrite history here. When Gerrard departed, Morelos was performing terribly and had been since the start of last season
Feb 2020 Gerrard bombed him out and we were beaten by Hearts.

I seem to recall him playing well since then a fair amount. Especially in Europe but our league winning season both domestically and Europe too.

The guy aboves assessment was reasonable when he said Gerrard turned him around.

Gerrard knew what he brings.

The player is in the wrong here but the guy above didn't rewrite anything.

I hope your right, in the sense of it not going up a few gears if we don't manage to win tonight.

Unfortunately though, & with the way this place has been of late, we will have posters jumping on the band wagon from all directions. The is nothing surer.
Mate, we don’t win tonight and I’m staying well clear of the Bear Pit until the weekend at the very earliest, this place cannot handle a defeat, or a draw, everyone gets it in the neck and the knee jerk reactions would be laughable if it wasn’t for the fact these people are being serious.

Why have you continually ignored those who have pointed out to you implications of that approach once his agent started drip feeding stuff in the press?
Who says his agent would do that, when his client is in the wrong here?
So what if he does? We've kept our dirty linen out of the public eye, even if his agent does as you suggest.
What have we gained by going public?

He is.
There was no need to make any comment outwith the confines of the dressing room.

The manager should have told him he was dropped for the foreseeable and had a long hard road back, again in private.

Public utterances on these matters never work out well. All Gio had to say was "Alfredo will not travel with the squad as he's not fit".

Why do you care more about what the haters think than how the management and top players feel is the best way to try and get through to Morelos?

"should be kept in the dressing room" are you really so daft and naive to think this hasn't been years in the making and the final straw after so much drama kept indoors making no difference whatsoever to his attitude?

Who says his agent would do that, when his client is in the wrong here?
So what if he does? We've kept our dirty linen out of the public eye, even if his agent does as you suggest.
What have we gained by going public?
Because he's his agent and it's what they do.

We've got ahead of the story and informed the support why he won't be travelling to Eindhoven.

It's as simple as that.

Hopefully it's the kick up the arse the boy needs.

really not getting the idea this will be a kick in the arse he needs.

It is likely only going to accelerate his exit, which was surely known prior to this all being made public, so why not just look to calmly move him on.

a lot of this just doesn't add up at all.

Gerrard and co turned Morelos around, turned him in to a league winner and record European scorer, I'm sure Gio can get him back to form and fitness too.

Seems some wouldn't particularly like that and have decided that's not a path worth pursuing.

Morelos is his own worst enemy at times but he's a top player, valuable asset and potential match winner.

The aye he can just feck off pile on which some are relishing has gone too far.

Yip currently he's no use but coming back from an injury isn't ideal and he doesn't seem the sharpest tack in the box but he's surely worth a bit more to even the most critical than this pile on where even sensible counter opinions are being ridiculed by the same handful of posters.

We are paying him 30k a week he can act like a professional and come back to training in a respectable condition. How is it always someone elses fault with Alfie and we need to tip toe around him like a spoiled school kid? We have a £40m shoot out tonight which he should have been back to 100% for if he had one ounce of professionalism and cared one bit for the club and fans who have made him a very rich young man.

It seems to me that Alfie is a convenient scapegoat for what happened at the weekend. A very easy target. Yes he is frustrating and his attitude at times Is questionable but deal with it in house ffs. The timing of it couldn't be any worse either. Quite infuriating though that all of the heat is on one of our players, and Mr gollum along with his wee sidekick over at the giro dome, that influenced a two point swing between them at the weekend are being forgotten about. Makes me fking sick tbh and angry at some within our club. Gutless in my opinion.

He is.

They don't need ammunition, if they haven't got any they usually just create it.

Might as well control the story and take it from there.

Ultimately up to Morelos if he wants to save his career or end up like Pena.

We are paying him 30k a week he can act like a professional and come back to training in a respectable condition. How is it always someone elses fault with Alfie and we need to tip toe around him like a spoiled school kid? We have a £40m shoot out tonight which he should have been back to 100% for if he had one ounce of professionalism and cared one bit for the club and fans who have made him a very rich young man.
It's Alfie fault, no question.
A public shaming isn't the way to fix the situation though.

Feb 2020 Gerrard bombed him out and we were beaten by Hearts.

I seem to recall him playing well since then a fair amount. Especially in Europe but our league winning season both domestically and Europe too.

The guy aboves assessment was reasonable when he said Gerrard turned him around.

Gerrard knew what he brings.

The player is in the wrong here but the guy above didn't rewrite anything.
I acknowledged Gerrard turned him around but last season under Gerrard he went back to his old ways.

Gerrard publicly called him out several times for not giving enough. He was quite frankly in poor form pre Gio. To suggest otherwise is rewriting history

Edit - in the post of mine you quoted I meant Gerrard turned him around - only for last season to then go back to old ways. I didn’t mean Gerrard only turned him around for last season

And to be honest if Morelos has currently lost the respect of his peers within the dressing room that is the most damning indictment of all.
Some folk also forgetting he must be on 20k+ per week. Having a good game doesn't always happen but should be fit as anyone albeit without match sharpness.

Absolute nonsense.
Morelos is in the wrong and deserves whatever punishments are coming his way. Except that is, a public shaming, his teammates slagging him off in public and the ongoing circus that has relegated tonight's game to the "oh in other news".

It should've and could've been handled in house.

You'd never have seen this played out in public when Alex Ferguson was in charge at Old Trafford.
The same Alex Ferguson that told a jam packed Old Trafford Wayne Rooney wanted to go to Man City?

Gio doesn’t drop the player for a one-off incident. It’s obviously been building and Saturday’s stupidity is the culmination.

The lack of fitness can be partly overlooked if a player is at least working hard and bringing a positive attitude. That’s not the case.

I’ll guess there’s a hangover from last season as well when Alfie preferred his Colombian jaunts to being ready for massive games for the club - and CL qualification is yet another example.

Gio’s decided the player can’t be trusted. A real shame.

Alfie is also blowing his career.

I acknowledged Gerrard turned him around but last season under Gerrard he went back to his old ways.

Gerrard publicly called him out several times for not giving enough. He was quite frankly in poor form pre Gio. To suggest otherwise is rewriting history

Edit - in the post of mine you quoted I meant Gerrard turned him around - only for last season to then go back to old ways. I didn’t mean Gerrard only turned him around for last season
Fair enough.

Your post above didn't really say that bit you've explained :)

What? It's in here Gio is quoted saying how hard he has worked in the last few weeks and since that game he came on against USG, got 23 minutes against St Johnstone and was brought on again at the weekend before he was sent off.
But culak gave up 30 mins of game time for the overall good of getting Alfie fit. Now he misses 2 more games so prob another 6 will pass from fitness which is neatly1/4 of a season. But with other players coming out (don't think that's right personally as it is humiliating) there's prob no way he's pulling a Rangers jersey on again.

He has been dealt with behind closed doors. He has been let away with murder compared to others. He has been dropped from squads and left out of massive games completely.

This is under two different managers now. Two giants in world football in Steven Gerrard and Gio. But it's never Alfie's fault.

How anyone can defend Morelos this time is just madness imo.

He caused this with his stupid actions on the pitch again.

Cost us points and by all accounts has a bad attitude according to reports.

How can that be anyone but Morelos at fault? He has never had a full good season for us and has had disciplinary problems for a long time in terms of red cards and not returning from Colombia in time etc.

He needs called out and he has been.

Gio doesn’t drop the player for a one-off incident. It’s obviously been building and Saturday’s stupidity is the culmination.

The lack of fitness can be partly overlooked if a player is at least working hard and bringing a positive attitude. That’s not the case.

I’ll guess there’s a hangover from last season as well when Alfie preferred his Colombian jaunts to being ready for massive games for the club - and CL qualification is yet another example.

Gio’s decided the player can’t be trusted. A real shame.

Alfie is also blowing his career.
You may well be right, in fact I suspect you are.
Where is the need to have it played out in public in the 48hrs before such a vital game?

How anyone can defend Morelos this time is just madness imo.

He caused this with his stupid actions on the pitch again.

Cost us points and by all accounts has a bad attitude according to reports.

How can that be anyone but Morelos at fault? He has never had a full good season for us and has had disciplinary problems for a long time in terms of red cards and not returning from Colombia in time etc.

He needs called out and he has been.

It is possible to try and understand it without actually defending him.

He caused this because he got sent off? if that was the case that his red on Saturday caused that is f*cking ridiculous.

If his attitude is that bad, and has been that bad why was he brought on on Saturday?

If his fitness is that far off, why is he being brought on? Why is Ryan Jack playing?

It's not all adding up.

He has been dealt with behind closed doors. He has been let away with murder compared to others. He has been dropped from squads and left out of massive games completely.

This is under two different managers now. Two giants in world football in Steven Gerrard and Gio. But it's never Alfie's fault.
I just stated in the above post where the blame lies ffs!

It is possible to understand it without defending him.

He caused this because he got sent off? if that was the case that his red on Saturday caused that is f*cking ridiculous.

If his attitude is that bad, and has been that bad why was he brought on on Saturday?

It's not all adding up.
Can't believe I'm in 100% agreement!! Lol.

Literally had loads of public fall outs with players lol

Probably the worst example he could have picked
And his public squabbling with the owners about fucking horse racing is largely what led to the Glazers getting involved and why they have been so shite for a decade.

If his fitness is that far off, why is he being brought on? Why is Ryan Jack playing?

It's not all adding up.
Is it not possible that he was doing fine and working his way to fitness. Got himself sent off for being stupid again and walked off smiling like he was hard done by.

Got called out on it and his attitude was wrong after the game and pissed off his manager and team mates?

That adds up surely?

Is it not possible that he was doing fine and working his way to fitness. Got himself sent off for being stupid again and walked off smiling like he was hard done by.

Got called out on it and his attitude was wrong after the game and pissed off his manager and team mates?

That adds up surely?

If that chain of event is what caused all of this (I don't think it is by the way) that is f*cking mental.

If that chain of event is what caused all of this (I don't think it is by the way) that is f*cking mental.
Why?

If the manager has had a word with him after game and he hasn't taken it well and went off on one, there's a reason to say he deserves to be dropped isn't there?

We don't know what's happened but if he didn't get sent off this doesn't happen imo.

Why?

If the manager has had a word with him after game and he hasn't taken it well and went off on one, there's a reason to say he deserves to be dropped isn't there?

We don't know what's happened but if he didn't get sent off this doesn't happen imo.

Because in that situation a manager has to be bigger than that and swallow that one given,

What is at stake tonight
The options the manager has
The contract situation of the player.

The option you are implying has been taken in that situation is incredibly nuclear and pretty OTT

The reality is has likely been decided Morelos will be leaving, could have easily looked to Smith/Cousin it at Celtic Park and worked him out the door after Rangers maxed out the players worth for the club.

No player is bigger than a club, but the club can make a bit of a c*nt in how they handle a player

Our attacking options for this game tonight are utter p*sh

Because in that situation a manager has to be bigger than that and swallow that one given,

What is at stake tonight
The options the manager has
The contract situation of the player.

The option you are implying has been taken in that situation is incredibly nuclear and pretty OTT

The reality is has likely been decided Morelos will be leaving, could have easily looked to Smith/Cousin it at Celtic Park and worked him out the door after Rangers maxed out the players worth for the club.

No player is bigger than a club, but the club can make a bit of a c*nt in how they handle a player

Our attacking options for this game tonight are utter p*sh
So what do you think happened then?

So what do you think happened then?

I would highly doubt one single incident caused it and it has likely been building for a while.

If that was the case and the attitude and fitness of the player was that bad to me you either.

1. Don't f*cking play him on Saturday, that doesn't make sense.

or

2. grudgingly smile through it, keep it as calm as possible and get the player the f*ck out the door once you have had the absolute max worth out of him both on the park and in terms of any fee we could get for him.

The route we have taken feels like an utterly fumbled mess and is going to do very little good.

I would highly doubt one single incident caused it and it has likely been building for a while.

If that was the case and the attitude of the player was that bad to me you either.

1. Don't f*cking play him on Saturday, that doesn't make sense.

or

2. grudgingly smile through it, keep it as calm as possible and get the player the f*ck out the door once you have had the absolute max worth out of him both on the park and in terms of any fee we could get for him.

The route we have taken feels like an utterly fumbled mess.
Agree that any of that could have happened but the red on Saturday clearly played a part.

Was it the straw that broke the camels back or did it kick off after the game? We don't know but he has caused it regardless imo.

Why would we do this to player we need that's done nothing wrong?

Agree that any of that could have happened but the red on Saturday clearly played a part.

Was it the straw that broke the camels back or did it kick off after the game? We don't know but he has caused it regardless imo.

Why would we do this to player we need that's done nothing wrong?

It's the first f*cking red card he has had under this manager!

I would expect it kicks off a lot after games TBH

This is going to be the fallout when a player gets a red card? f*ck, that sounds grim.

I have no idea why this has been done, that is my point, I don't understand it, it doesn't seem logical or that sensible.

It seems to me that Alfie is a convenient scapegoat for what happened at the weekend. A very easy target. Yes he is frustrating and his attitude at times Is questionable but deal with it in house ffs. The timing of it couldn't be any worse either. Quite infuriating though that all of the heat is on one of our players, and Mr gollum along with his wee sidekick over at the giro dome, that influenced a two point swing between them at the weekend are being forgotten about. Makes me fking sick tbh and angry at some within our club. Gutless in my opinion.
What would be the brave approach then? Act like a fan in an interview and lose the plot? Make statements about sporting integrity that we’ve roundly mocked for years? Or complain within the channels available which we did? I’m also not sure how Rangers need a scapegoat for the weekend, we drew a game at a traditionally difficult venue with some extreme circumstances, how can we possibly need a scapegoat for that? Who are we trying to appease?

Gerrard and co turned Morelos around, turned him in to a league winner and record European scorer, I'm sure Gio can get him back to form and fitness too.

Seems some wouldn't particularly like that and have decided that's not a path worth pursuing.

Morelos is his own worst enemy at times but he's a top player, valuable asset and potential match winner.

The aye he can just feck off pile on which some are relishing has gone too far.

Yip currently he's no use but coming back from an injury isn't ideal and he doesn't seem the sharpest tack in the box but he's surely worth a bit more to even the most critical than this pile on where even sensible counter opinions are being ridiculed by the same handful of posters.

Given that he's out of contract next summer and can sign for another team in January, does he have the time and/or desire to turn it around? And given his contract situation, is he really a valuable asset or if he's not going to knuckle down is he just a drain in resources (~£30k a week)?

Mate, we don’t win tonight and I’m staying well clear of the Bear Pit until the weekend at the very earliest, this place cannot handle a defeat, or a draw, everyone gets it in the neck and the knee jerk reactions would be laughable if it wasn’t for the fact these people are being serious.

You just wonder who the most threads will be made about if we don't qualify...

Morelos
Gio
McLaughlin / McGregor
Tav

It is remarkable to see how entrenched people can become on here. Also watching a similar situation unfold over on the Gerrard thread.

If we don't go through tonight, this place is going to be like the Wild West and the reality is that we have no right to expect to eliminate PSV.
Just f.ucking don't, bud. It'll be like ground zero at Hiroshima while D-Day is going on in the background.

What is then?

Tell us the solution? Nothing else has worked with Morelos in his 5+ years at the club.

It's not all adding up.

Came on the pitch on Saturday, kicked someone, got away with it, swung an arm at someone else, got sent off.

Sunday he turns up late to a recovery session and since then he hasn't been in at Auchenhowie (according to Goldson).

This is going to be the fallout when a player gets a red card? f*ck, that sounds grim.

I have no idea why this has been done, that is my point, I don't understand it, it doesn't seem logical or that sensible.

Goldson said last night his red wasn't even discussed after the game they were more angry towards the Lundstram one even but then did go on and say Alfie's was stupid. There's far more too this than what is being said and what Rangers briefed people with yesterday.

This is what I heard from someone with a friend at the club.

Team had a sunday morning session before the PSV first leg. He turned up at 12.45 after someone was sent to collect him. Training finished just after 1. Had his lunch and was fined a weeks wages.

This is what I heard from someone with a friend at the club.

Team had a sunday morning session before the PSV first leg. He turned up at 12.45 after someone was sent to collect him. Training finished just after 1. Had his lunch and was fined a weeks wages.
Never known a thread with so much shear speculation.The Alfie was laughing to dpite the team/manager/fans

Its clearly not with other players though so its not a stretch to think Morelos and his reaction or attitude has been a factor in this.

i love Morelos as a player and hope he comes back and plays like he can but I doubt Gio does this without justification is my point.

Back