Alfie not going to Eindhoven

So he didn't swing his arm twice then? not disputing the over reaction by the player but he tried to do him twice and failed miserably on both attempts the first one had the wee kick out as well.
but that might have only been in the game i watched.
I think i said he had his arm out on the first contact with the cheats chest, the second contact was on the back of the cheats head then he does a f ucking oscar winning performance going down holding his face broonie style

I have said if he deserved to be punished for attitude then do so behind closed doors as its an internal matter. I do not agree with the public flogging of him at all.
To get ahead of his agent, the one he employed to get him a transfer releasing shit and causing more of a shit storm perhaps?

Another one trying to deflect. The tackle on Lowry was a disgrace, it is also nothing to do with Morelos
What you mean 'another one'? Another bear that disagrees with your hyperbolic nonsense?

The assault on Lowry is a clear example of violent conduct and fully deserving of a red iwhich wasn't forthcoming). Morelos's petulant flick out was not and many, including the likes of Andy Walker, thought a red was an exaggerated response by Collum. It's a perfectly valid comparison. Morelos's red was borderline and that, in isolation, would be a daft reason for our manager to go into the club's biggest game in many years with just 1 recognised striker.

Look at the replays, it's a soft as shit red card. No force at all behind any of it , he's not even made contact. It's the reaction of the scumbag Hibs players and gollums boner for sending him off that's resulted in that red. Most other players in Scotland get away with that. Is Alfie petulant and silly to get involved? Sure he is but why should he be officiated to a different standard to every other player in the league.

Is the decision to leave Morelos out based on the events against hibs? Or is it based on his overall attitude so far this season.
Either the managers lost the rag with him after the Hibs game or he's been including a player in his squad that's been causing issues and has had a poor attitude and lack of professionalism previously. Either way it doesn't look good or reflect well on the management

You're assuming Gio has made his decision based only on what we seen on the pitch at the weekend. Maybe that wasn't the end of it, and Morelos has also reacted badly in the dressing room after the match, or in the next training session, and putting it all together has crossed a line with Gio and his teammates. There's clearly a consequence to dropping him from the squad, but there may have been a larger consequence to the manager's relationship with the rest of the squad if he'd allowed whatever happened to slide.

We don't have the full picture (at least, not at the moment), so a bit hard for us to say whether it's an over-reaction/bad player management by Gio, or else whether it was completely justified and he had no choice. It's a call that might jeopardise his own job, so I don't think he would have made it lightly.

I mean that would seemingly only be true if Kris Boyd said so!! THEN, I mean then f*ck me I would have lost the plot, if Kris Boyd said so
What about Souness? Have heard his opinion discounted as he liked a tough challenge and helped bring David Murray to the club ffs.

What about Souness? Have heard his opinion discounted as he liked a tough challenge and helped bring David Murray to the club ffs. Desperation by some Alfie fans to put him in a good light.

I couldn't give a f*ck what Souness has to say about Rangers and players who play for us now TBH. I doubt he even goes to the effort of watching us often, more respect for the view of folks who travel everywhere on my SC to watch us than what Souness says, shocked if he even knows who Leon King is

Last edited:
I couldn't give a f*ck what Souness has to say about Rangers and players who play for us now TBH. I doubt he even goes to the effort of watching us often, more respect for the view of folks who travel everywhere on my SC to watch us than what Souness does.
Have heard Goldsons opinion discounted because he hasn’t played well lately, oh and Tav was wrong too, because he lost his man on the weekend.

Had Walter still been alive and commented, he’d be wrong because he’s old or some other shite.

Absolute desperation by some Alfie (more so than Rangers fans) fans to paint him as a victim when every single part is his own doing.

Everyone’s wrong but the player two stone overweight, severely lacking fitness and, turning up late for training and out on the piss the whole time who has cost us points umpteen times due to being a spoilt brat hitting out at the opposition.

Have heard Goldsons opinion discounted because he hasn’t played well lately, oh and Tav was wrong too, because he lost his man on the weekend.

Absolute desperation by some Alfie fans to paint him as a victim when every single part is his own doing.

Everyone’s wrong but the player two stone overweight, turning up late for training and out on the piss the whole time who has cost us points umpteen times due to being a spoilt brat hitting out at the opposition.

element of truth re Goldson, could easily see a player telling him to GTF if he questioned their performance to be fair.

I don't think Morelos is the victim, I think we have made a c*nt of how we have handled and briefed this.

Wtf we playing 20 questions now?

No one's asking anyone to be brave or lose the plot. I'm saying it's gutless of our manager and some others at the club to publicly criticise one of our own when the real culprits for what happened at the weekend go under the radar.
They’ve not blamed him for the outcome though, you’re making that up. He’s been criticised for his attitude and fitness to contribute to the team. The captain has played alongside him for years, if he feels let down by him he’s entitled to say so. Whether it was a stonewall red or not it was unarguably stupid and Tav saying so is fair enough. Gio appears to have stated facts around his conditioning and attitude, is that not allowed? At no point did he blame him for Saturday. Gio was critical of Collum and that was followed up with formal correspondence regarding Collin’s performance, so again, what else do you want?

My username is after him and I won't be blaming anyone else but him. I have more of a problem with the pile on our players and manager take from fans on here.
Won't be long till they get the blame for the cost of living crisis.

Seriously though, some can't wait to have a go at the club or staff for the slightest thing, anything will do. I doubt they're all Rangers fans, I think many on here are shit stirrers who enjoy causing disruption. There's some who have never posted a positive comment on Rangers.

Had Walter still been alive and commented, he’d be wrong because he’s old or some other shite.

Absolute desperation by some Alfie (more so than Rangers fans) fans to paint him as a victim when every single part is his own doing.

Everyone’s wrong but the player two stone overweight, severely lacking fitness and, turning up late for training and out on the piss the whole time who has cost us points umpteen times due to being a spoilt brat hitting out at the opposition.
Some posters on here will simply want Rangers to disband if Morelos leaves I reckon.

They’ve not blamed him for the outcome though, you’re making that up. He’s been criticised for his attitude and fitness to contribute to the team. The captain has played alongside him for years, if he feels let down by him he’s entitled to say so. Whether it was a stonewall red or not it was unarguably stupid and Tav saying so is fair enough. Gio appears to have stated facts around his conditioning and attitude, is that not allowed? At no point did he blame him for Saturday. Gio was critical of Collum and that was followed up with formal correspondence regarding Collin’s performance, so again, what else do you want?
If his conditioning and attitude wasn't good then why is he involved in the squad at all?
He should have been left out before Saturday surely. It's the timing that's off for me. Gio said nothing that im aware of about collums performance after the game either. There's been plenty said about Morelos though publicly, that's what I have the issue with.

The only source that I am aware of that claims senior players have backed Gio are the papers. It’s amazing how many on here believe the papers word for word one minute then castigate them for some other article

If his conditioning and attitude wasn't good then why is he involved in the squad at all?
He should have been left out before Saturday surely. It's the timing that's off for me. Gio said nothing that im aware of about collums performance after the game either. There's been plenty said about Morelos though publicly, that's what I have the issue with.
He clearly stated that he wasn’t happy with some of the decisions. Said that some challenges resulted in a different outcome despite being very similar ie Lundstram. He made a decision on Alfie after giving him various chances, he’s clearly got to the point where he felt he couldn’t accept what he was doing anymore. That includes training after games with the subs which he appears to have decided isn’t for him. If he’s then turned up late for training he’s maybe just decided that was the last straw in amongst a variety of issues. Anyone thinking he’s suddenly thought I’m going to flog this boy publicly without trying numerous other approaches to get a reaction if living in an absolute dream world.

After Morelos leaves us he will be a journeyman for the rest of his career.

Would have been nice to get some good money in for him but doubt we will now.
It's a possibility, but it won't speak highly of the player's self awareness or his management/coaching team's powers of persuasion and motivation if he hasn't been convinced of that potential outcome. There's been plenty of time to make the case.

I couldn't give a f*ck what Souness has to say about Rangers and players who play for us now TBH. I doubt he even goes to the effort of watching us often, more respect for the view of folks who travel everywhere on my SC to watch us than what Souness says, shocked if he even knows who Leon King is
I agree his love is Liverpool always has been and boy did he show us that so maybe the magnificent Bastard as some on here call him should remember some of the leg breaking challenges he put in when he played for us,and save his comments for the team he loves most.

He clearly stated that he wasn’t happy with some of the decisions. Said that some challenges resulted in a different outcome despite being very similar ie Lundstram. He made a decision on Alfie after giving him various chances, he’s clearly got to the point where he felt he couldn’t accept what he was doing anymore. That includes training after games with the subs which he appears to have decided isn’t for him. If he’s then turned up late for training he’s maybe just decided that was the last straw in amongst a variety of issues. Anyone thinking he’s suddenly thought I’m going to flog this boy publicly without trying numerous other approaches to get a reaction if living in an absolute dream world.
There's no disputing the possibility that there is a lot of truth in your post. Not so sure I agree with your final sentence. The timing of this couldn't be worse which does hold open the possibility that Gio let his emotions get in the way of his better judgement.

Is it a fvcking race or are we a professional football club?
You're scraping the bottom of a very large barrel with this one.
You’re the one scraping the barrel trying to protect that poor wee ego and doubling down after you started one of the daftest threads on here, calling for an out of shape and blatantly unfit Alfredo to start against PSV, immediately after he made a lady's front bottom of the club, staff and fans for the umpteenth time.

And you’ve been made to look like a clown by the subsequent result which is the complete opposite. Now everyone elses actions and opinions are wrong.
B-D

Last edited:
There you have it, the ready made scapegoat.
Thats not what I'm saying. You are the one calling him a scapegoat.
TBH it's probably a yellow card offence at the weekend but he should know by now he has a rep for lashing out and is reffed that way. He shouldn't have gave the Ref the chance to influence the game. he cant be trusted.
As for tonight the result has feck all to do with Alfie but he could have been on the park giving us a performance to remember him by. Not sitting on his erse.

Nobody thinks Alfie is bigger than the club, but some can see he shouldnt have been sent off and have the opinion the club could have dealt with this matter much better than they have.
Was it the ref's fault that Alfie swung a leg at the player, then an arm, then another arm?

What is happening in this thread is that a few of yous are doing everything possible to blame anyone else & for his own actions.

Those of you who are going after Gio over it are fckn pathetic though. A whole new level of pathetic actually.

& then if we don't win tonight will be straight back on to double down on it being all Gio's fault, & that Alfie should have been there.

& he should be. He's not because of his own actions (which are more than just the red card issue - which has been communicated by the club).

It's fckn terrifying how many of you cannot wrap that round you heads.

Thats not what I'm saying. You are the one calling him a scapegoat.
TBH it's probably a yellow card offence at the weekend but he should know by now he has a rep for lashing out and is reffed that way. He shouldn't have gave the Ref the chance to influence the game. he cant be trusted.
As for tonight the result has feck all to do with Alfie but he could have been on the park giving us a performance to remember him by. Not sitting on his erse.
I'm telling what's almost certain to happen tomorrow.
Further you're doing a fine job of scapegoating him, even if you don't realise it!

My opinion:

Alfredo is currently physically strong, but is not "90 minutes fit".

I'm quietly confident that Alfredo will get fit, will come back into the first team, and will tear it up for Rangers.

It's not rocket science here -- he just has to dig deep, train hard, eat right, sleep right, and give his best effort.

If he does that -- and I think he will -- everything else will take care of itself.

PS:

A lot of folk on here could really do with calming down. Alfredo has what it takes to be successful once again at Rangers. He's shown great quality for us in the past, and will do so again.

This place is utterly bunkers!!
I’m not Gio’s biggest fan, but if any player is swinging the lead and is a hinderance to our performances then I’m 100% behind the Boss.
I support Rangers, not Alfredo Morelos.

Was it the ref's fault that Alfie swung a leg at the player, then an arm, then another arm?

What is happening in this thread is that a few of yous are doing everything possible to blame anyone else & for his own actions.

Those of you who are going after Gio over it are fckn pathetic though. A whole new level of pathetic actually.

& then if we don't win tonight will be straight back on to double down on it being all Gio's fault, & that Alfie should have been there.

& he should be. He's not because of his own actions (which are more than just the red card issue - which has been communicated by the club).

It's fckn terrifying how many of you cannot wrap that round you heads.
Its never a Red for Alfie and its a yellow.

I think Allie was slightly hard done by at the weekend. Would other players have got a red ??

However. If his attitude is all wrong and also affecting moral, then Gio has done the right thing. + Out the door he goes.

I don't think Alfie is a victim not one bit he deserves what he is getting but when you mention Goldson and Tav getting it from bears of course they deserve it Tav is an awful defender no matter how important he is going forward for us ,hivs attacking his side the whole game on Saturday tells you that and Goldson only signed because nobody came from him so while Morelos gets it tight players who joined the vitriol against him openly on the media need to look at their gaping failings as well.

Its never a Red for Alfie and its a yellow.
Ok on this specific point, even if you think it was.

He has just seen his teammate being sent off by a absolutely ridiculous decision.

He knows the game has just been made more difficult, & he knows he's not 100% yet & that's going to make it even more difficult for him personally.

His answer is to give the ref an opportunity to show him a card, either colour.

Seriously, why on earth are you defending that?

Morelos is currently binned because he’s been bevying too much and continually turned up late to training as well as some other poor behaviour.

“He has more nights out than the moon” is how someone close to the team described it as per the Athletic article this morning.

He’s unfit,unfocused and unprofessional and tonight when we face PSV without him,he’s let the club,the support and his teammates down.Again.

Absolutely not the same.
I'm saying everything should and could have been handled very differently.
Without throwing our player, and he remains our plsyer under the bus.
I agree with you and the way he behaved was totally wrong but those players throwing him under the bus are only covering in my opinion for their
terrible defending across the back line and I mean the whole back line ,right to left.

Morelos is currently binned because he’s been bevying too much and continually turned up late to training as well as some other poor behaviour.

“He has more nights out than the moon” is how someone close to the team described it as per the Athletic article this morning.

He’s unfit,unfocused and unprofessional and tonight when we face PSV without him,he’s let the club,the support and his teammates down.Again.
I heard the same and it begs the question of why was he even in the squad?

Ok on this specific point, even if you think it was.

He has just seen his teammate being sent off by a absolutely ridiculous decision.

He knows the game has just been made more difficult, & he knows he's not 100% yet & that's going to make it even more difficult for him personally.

His answer is to give the ref an opportunity to show him a card, either colour.

Seriously, why on earth are you defending that?
Why should he be treated differently by Collum to Hibs players who made worse challenges? The answer is , he shouldnt.

I heard the same and it begs the question of why was he even in the squad?
No idea.

Maybe they thought if they got him back on the field and playing again the nonsense would stop that’s been going on the last few months stretching back to the end of last season.

Either way,it’s not and now he’s binned and he deserves every bit of flak coming his way this time.

Why should he be treated differently by Collum to Hibs players who made worse challenges? The answer is , he shouldnt.
Why give him the opportunity is the question. Why throw his leg & arms about. Why not realise the situation the team are in.

Are you capable of answering that? Or are you just going to keep avoiding it.

Why give him the opportunity is the question. Why throw his leg & arms about. Why not realise the situation the team are in.

Are you capable of answering that? Or are you just going to keep avoiding it.
I have answered. He should expect to be treated with fairness by the Ref, he clearly was not.

I have answered. He should expect to be treated with fairness by the Ref, he clearly was not.
Ok, your obviously entrenched in your view so.

Hopefully we all enjoy the game tonight ehh..

Assuming your not one of the ones who's already given up on it, as meekly as some have already done.

Back