The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodness. What a cheery place this evening. sadly results wise if the next couple of weeks don’t go well we will have the “told you so” brigade out in force.

We haven’t signed anyone, life goes on.

In that case wouldn't you say it's justified?

All the happy clapping, board are brilliant brigade...if our results in the coming weeks aren't good, you going to admit the board should've done more? Or will you even have the audacity to complain about poor results?

Not sure, maybe the investors like the Parks family. I ask Timmy at work about our finances. All I care is if the club can pay its way in a sustainable and competitive way.
I don't think timmy at your work would be the most reliable source on our finances. Or I just walked into a huge whoosh moment

My source?

This forum
FFS

I meant a credible source rather than some mental rumours on FF.

Thankfully I don't see too many of your posts, but when I do, they are either extremely negative about the club, or you appear to be pot stirring.

Can you guide me to any positive posts you have made about Rangers recently?

FFS

I meant a credible source rather than some mental rumours on FF.

Thankfully I don't see too many of your posts, but when I do, they are either extremely negative about the club, or you appear to be pot stirring.

Can you guide me to any positive posts you have made about Rangers recently?
Away and give me peace ffs

IF we get beaten on Saturday then the moonhowlers will demanding SR and the boards head on a plate. Our squad should be good enough but we are badly missing an eight and a decent RW imo.

You said.

Has McCann been fit? Played every B team game. Played well in pre season when given a chance.

If Lowry had been fit he’d have been in same boat.

Also, if the clubs willing to shut out noise from fans on certain issues, they can do it over introducing more young players.

Nothing about game time to what I replied to

I was replying to the ‘has he been fit’ bit
Did you think I was genuinely asking if McCann had been fit?!

That post was in response to someone picking out Lowry been unfit as a reason youngsters haven’t featured much.

Worked for Smith. We seem to stockpile players in other positions. Roofe cannot be relied upon for fitness, so for roughly 1/3 of the season he is likely to be unavailable. Morelos, well we have just witnessed an example of his unreliability. So it is absolutely not outside realms of possibility that we are going to have another spell where both are unavailable at the same time, as has been the case for the first month of this season, give or take.

That leaves us with Colak and then after that? Sakala up front?

We went in to the most important game of our recent history around 3 months ago, with no available striker. The manager said that would never happen again. We will see, but when 2 of our 3 centre forwards are Kemar Roofe and Alfredo Morelos, I'd say we are mega vulnerable.
Alfie has had a couple of episodes over his time with us but is one of the most robust players we’ve ever had, he hardly missed a game through injury up until last season. He’s had a couple of brain farts and then came back positively afterwards. Why people have completely written him off is beyond me. Roofe has struggled to maintain fitness, he is still a quality player though and one who can play in different roles. Signing another striker would have been nonsensical, there’s no way you could maintain harmony in the squad with 4 players aiming for one position. The 3 we have are of a high quality, you’re never getting the same standard in to be a squad player so I’d be interested as to what the plan would be for folk saying this. Tillman can also play up front which is something people forget.

Some of the players we have signed have caused an upturn in form of others. Barasic being the perfect example of this. Lawrence has been a quality addition and the boys at the back are good players, we’ve just been unfortunate. We’ve came back from 2 down against a team that finished top of the Belgian league prior to the playoff then beat PSV over 2 legs with our garbage squad. The lack of credit or recognition for the players we have is incredible. The grass is always greener yet when we went high profile in January, it didn’t work.

We have a squad of 30 players. I’m not having this debate again.
Some of that squad are kids .. some of that squad won't be at Rangers next season ie Davis possibly jack, Kent alfredo, arfield mcgregor, we should ve building on the success of getting within a whisker of winning the europa but we have stalled, we have a gk as not that is untested at european level..

In that case wouldn't you say it's justified?

All the happy clapping, board are brilliant brigade...if our results in the coming weeks aren't good, you going to admit the board should've done more? Or will you even have the audacity to complain about poor results?

poor results can happen no matter who we sign, as can good results like PSV, now go and take a break from your moaning ffs.

Some of that squad are kids .. some of that squad won't be at Rangers next season ie Davis possibly jack, Kent alfredo, arfield mcgregor, we should ve building on the success of getting within a whisker of winning the europa but we have stalled, we have a gk as not that is untested at european level..
Played 6 European games, kept 3 clean sheets.

He wasn’t best player on the park
All this talk about Souttar was great last season.
True, but that was on the right hand side of Hearts back 3.
Sometimes 4.
In other words…Goldson’s position.

He played 2-3 friendlies so far, beside Goldson on the left side.
Looked extremely uncomfortable, and I think it’s fair to say, didn’t exactly pull up any trees!

Now he’s returned to being injured, again, and when he does get fit, he will have to learn how to play on the left side.To get any minutes.
Unless he covers for Tavernier he picks up a injury.

But we have Davies?
Yes.Another player who didn’t kick a ball in earnest after he was a p@nick buy by Klopp.

So how long are we going to have to wait for him to get fit?

Also we have been so fortunate that some of our back line didn’t pick up serious injury, after all the added games in Europe last season.

They are also another year older, and to just expect them to play 99% of the games, plus Europe, is either extremely optimistic, or foolhardy.
Possibly both. To exp3ct these guys to play that number of games again, is pushing it.In my opinion.

And as they are all the nucleus of our side…lucky 7 anyone?

facts are some are happy and some are not, it is what it is.

Do you think you are the prosecution lawyer here?
No. I think people can make their own minds up about you without my "prosecution".

But you aren't presenting much of a defense.

Every time. And I mean every time, I come across your posts, you are being negative or mixing it.

I think you have an ulterior motive.

I note you didn't guide me to any of your positive posts about us, either from a match thread or about anything we have done well at e.g. like qualifying for then CL.

I won't hold my breath either.

Worked for Smith. We seem to stockpile players in other positions. Roofe cannot be relied upon for fitness, so for roughly 1/3 of the season he is likely to be unavailable. Morelos, well we have just witnessed an example of his unreliability. So it is absolutely not outside realms of possibility that we are going to have another spell where both are unavailable at the same time, as has been the case for the first month of this season, give or take.

That leaves us with Colak and then after that? Sakala up front?

We went in to the most important game of our recent history around 3 months ago, with no available striker. The manager said that would never happen again. We will see, but when 2 of our 3 centre forwards are Kemar Roofe and Alfredo Morelos, I'd say we are mega vulnerable.
Tillman played as a striker at Bayern

Smith played 2 strikers, so part of your arguement falls down straight away and the only other way we are getting a new striker in is if one leaves. The money Roofe and Morelos will be on would make it unfeasable to bring in another 1st team quality striker.

Domestically, he more often than not played 2 you are correct. Imagine that. Seemed to work quite well having a couple of goal threats in side.

But in Europe he always played a lone striker.

Regardless though, having options up front is never a bad thing. In Smith's last season he had...

Miller, Jelavic, Lafferty, Velicka, Healy, Beattie, Diouff and Andy Little in squad. With the likes of Naismith and Jig who could play up front if required. Now, I don't expect us to carry that many forwards, as that is a bit bonkers but we could easily have had one more, given we are likely to play another 60+ games this season. It is the one area of park where a drop off in quality tends to show.

The only “kids” in that number are King, Devine, McCann and Lowry, and they’re all full members of the 1st team squad.

Out 1st team squad size is ridiculous.

Obvious we're not signing anyone but for some reason I still keep checking this thread every 10 mins
Based on the nonsense I've read on this thread I think it would be the last place you'd read about transfer activity. Surprised it hasn't been closed tbh.

No. I think people can make their own minds up about you without my "prosecution".

But you aren't presenting much of a defense.

Every time. And I mean every time, I come across your posts, you are being negative or mixing it.

I think you have an ulterior motive.

I note you didn't guide me to any of your positive posts about us, either from a match thread or about anything we have done well at e.g. like qualifying for then CL.

I won't hold my breath either.
Aye wait and i'll go and search my posts and come back and see if you class it positive or not lol.

And i take it you're taking us not strengthening today (possibly) as a positive.

All this talk about Souttar was great last season.
True, but that was on the right hand side of Hearts back 3.
Sometimes 4.
In other words…Goldson’s position.

He played 2-3 friendlies so far, beside Goldson on the left side.
Looked extremely uncomfortable, and I think it’s fair to say, didn’t exactly pull up any trees!

Now he’s returned to being injured, again, and when he does get fit, he will have to learn how to play on the left side.To get any minutes.
Unless he covers for Tavernier he picks up a injury.

But we have Davies?
Yes.Another player who didn’t kick a ball in earnest after he was a p@nick buy by Klopp.

So how long are we going to have to wait for him to get fit?

Also we have been so fortunate that some of our back line didn’t pick up serious injury, after all the added games in Europe.

They are also another year older, and to just expect them to play 99% of the games, plus Europe, is either extremely optimistic, or foolhardy.
Possibly both. To exp3ct these guys to play that number of games again, is pushing it.
Sounds like a negative post but everything you have said is true, I worry about our squad regarding injuries, which we already have, we go the their shit hole on Sat without our first team and I wonder when we will be able to play our best eleven, next two games for us is vital to us winning this league, we cannot afford to lose them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back