The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
“We are not a CL club anymore”

Winning the SPFL gets you in the CL.
Madness reading that.

Said Celtic are also a Europa League team.

Nearly every window they are averaging about a £10/15m spend.

We are told there that a normal season is a £70m turnover, similar to the 55 season where we could only afford a couple of free transfers and Bacuna on buttons.

Anyone else feeling sorry for the Tim's on here with nothing better to do?

- 2 points behind due to us only dropping points in only 1 game when we were forced down to 9 men in a shocker.
- champions League football. Folk suggesting Ajax away is a huge game as if it's must win and the most important European games this season haven't been played and won already.
- making out that a well run team should just keep signing new players relentlessly regardless of size of squad or available playing time. As if the player who have left haven't already been replaced suitably and in a timely fashion (not mad dash on deadline day in a panic).
- making out that any time a player is injured for a few short weeks the club should go out and spend millions of pounds and commit to a 5 year contract at 20k a week worth an additional £5m down the toilet when the incumbent who returns from injury inevitably relegates them to the bench (or worse as we already credibly have 2 quality players per position).

Obsessed doesn't even begin to cover it...

First of all you'll not be telling me or anyone else what to do or don't do.

Secondly you couldn't be more wrong.

And finally i'm not wasting any more time on a paranoid wreck and his faux positivity so you crack on.
Hahaha

I've got you totally sussed!

And you know it!

1) I didn't tell you what to do.

2) i bet you cannot prove your second point.

3) Personal insults.

Result!

Madness reading that.

Said Celtic are also a Europa League team.

Nearly every window they are averaging about a £10/15m spend.

We are told there that a normal season is a £70m turnover, similar to the 55 season where we could only afford a couple of free transfers and Bacuna on buttons.
Andy is the best on the network for me but he’s way off on that thread.

It’s a pretty decent and probably best guess post as I have seen as to how we are being run as a business.

Two issues that some will have though and it’s going to take time to accept.

Rangers is an institution and not a business and should be the best in the land, and if they creep up on our record of trophies then it won’t go well at all.

Secondly is Ross Wilson - and I’ll only say this, his record of players that he has signed is getting worse and certainly not looking like improving.

When you go through the Southampton fans thoughts on him the it’s looking 100 percent spot on - go to Belgium and take a punt, rinse and repeat.

So is it possible that as a champions league club now, we need a champions league director of football

I don’t get the point on referring to previous years losses which were fully converted to shares.

I’m aware of the King loan and a £7m shortfall but that would be covered and then some just with our January sales.

From what I took of SR’s AGM speech, we now budget for EL group football which if achieved will see us break even or thereabouts going forward?
What if those losses reoccur?

We have entered the self sustainability stage of our recovery.

The reality of this will be hard for some to take.

The wage bill may be much bigger than most of us think it is, and could potentially become a problem when the new financial rules come into play if not brought under control.
Thank you. Realism. Won’t go down well with some on here.

All the moaners in this thread are giving me a sore head.

Sensible last day by the board, don’t buy unless we sell, not due to finances, but because our squad is already packed.

No point selling and bringing in like for like either when you risk having someone take time to settle.

Very rare that on the last day of the window for a club like ourselves to get an improved player at a really good price.

For me it’s been a 7/10 window which will increase if the likes of Matondo, Yilmaz and Davies all play a big part.
Exactly mate. Other thing is we’ve got Lowry, McCann Devine, and Lovelace not too far off being first team players. what’s the point of an Academy if we overlook our own players to bring in young players from abroad.

I don’t get the point on referring to previous years losses which were fully converted to shares.

I’m aware of the King loan and a £7m shortfall but that would be covered and then some just with our January sales.

From what I took of SR’s AGM speech, we now budget for EL group football which if achieved will see us break even or thereabouts going forward?

Covid bounce back loans, HMRC referrals and Sports Direct’s pay off are all factors too.

“We are not a CL club anymore”

Winning the SPFL gets you in the CL.

Based on the coefficient as it stands now mainly thanks to our efforts in recent seasons, yeah.

But I think the point he’s making is that may not be a sustainable state of affairs longer term and that the more realistic/baseline expectation going forward is that both us and them will flit between the CL and EL season on season depending on draws etc. I don’t think that is an unreasonable suggestion such is the level of competition to get into the CL.

I would have liked a right winger but I think it is clear now that Matondo was purchased to fill that position despite usually playing LW.

It looks to me like we've struggled to move one or two players on as the squad is still a wee bit large.

Well said short sighted penny pinching by a regime that I personally believe have “run their race” will gift wrap the title to the fat Aussie and see us in deep trouble in the CL. Gee thanks I’m so grateful, they need to understand that we are Rangers not Hertz or the sheep.

What are you expecting from this champions league group? Surely after our results in Europe we stop writing this team or squad of players off no?

You nearly had me convinced then you mentioned Velicka and Beattie:eek::eek: If push came to shove, Sakala or Tilmann can play striker or very worst case, go to the B team. I will reiterate thats its just not feasable for us to have 4 striking options just incase we get an injury or 2.

Of course it's feasable. We might just have won the league and/or Europa League last season if we had more striking options. Fair play to Aribo for scoring in final BTW, but we really missed a proper centre forward. Even in his 2 minutes on the park, look at what Roofe was able to do, just by using movement which comes naturally to a striker.

Any chance of a snapshot for the non twitterati amongst us.
Basically that revenues are expected to be £100million plus this year which is seen as a one off and they expect it to drop back to £70 million going forward. The financial fair play rules are going to restrict spending on players to 70% in future so the wage bill is apparently as high as it can get. Last accounts had players wage bill just over £30 million so not really understanding the concern about financial fair play. That rule doesn't start to 25/26.

We dont know if Gio wanted a certain player and asked for the cash to buy.
A problem as I see it is that no clubs are bidding for our players and many will just walk away for free after picking up good wages.
However if the club has now got a reasonable balance sheet then we will be able in the future to attract better players. It is important though that next year we are again in the CL and Gio will be aware of that.
There is also a possibility that being in a profitable position a new owner could come in. This will happen in due course but I would not like to see that in the short term.
Meanwhile a win against the scum will show that we mean business and go on to get results in the CL.

Think the argument of no room in the Euro squad is why we never signed anyone. Is probably going to be 2 high earners not in it as it is (Roofe & Helander most likely). Also is clearly no one that can add as association players worth spending money on in SPFL at present either

Any chance of a snapshot for the non twitterati amongst us.
Nothing new. Thinks we are budgeting wage structure now for the 70% tiered limit that comes into play 2025/26.

We are a uefa league level club not champions league so the CL money should be banked as a bonus not budgeted or spent

A big gamble the board have taken yet again, on so many that already have served us so well, and some, that have gone beyond.

Would it hurt for the board to show the same loyalty and faith, in those players, and repay them and the support, with adding quality additions.
That may ensure further success?

Hahaha

I've got you totally sussed!

And you know it!

1) I didn't tell you what to do.

2) i bet you cannot prove your second point.

3) Personal insults.

Result!
'Don't change the subject'

'I didn't tell you what to do'

You've not even got yourself sussed mate.

As stated, not interested in your idiotic lies and won't be replying again.

Sky sports saying 20% for gilmore. Does anyone have a concrete percentage. Either way. Good to get more money into the club

Why do our finances from 10 years ago matter? For years we were told we were 'debt free' and all the loans had been converted to equity.

Are you suggesting that they weren't and we're saddled with previously unreported debt?

We can only go on information that was provided by the club - that there was a budget available before sales and based on Europa league qualification. Since then we've sold a fortune worth of players and achieved the 'holy grail' of CL group stage finance.

It is absolutely not unreasonable to expect a level of spend that reflects that.

The latest line people are grasping on to is that we have 'ring-fenced' the finances for Tillman and Sands for next season. You're setting yourself up for fail with that because if we do then sign them in the summer you best believe it'll be from next season budget and not this seasons.

If you think that there wasn't any money to spend and we needed to bring in all of this additional unexpected & unplanned finance just to pay the bills then that's fine - I have absolutely no access to our finances to dispute that with you.

I just happen to completely disagree with you.
How would you feel if there was a plan to safeguard the club? Build up cash reserves and ensure stability for an extended period? Not simply assume that every year would be positive and have a buffer rather than the potential of a bad season plunging us into a financial crisis? How about ensuring that we are able to move in all windows rather than shooting our bolt in the summer and having little flexibility outwith loans come January time?

We’ve lived with the fear for 2 decades that a bad season on the park could mean a financial disaster off it. It left us vulnerable to what happened in the end with the spivs. We never fully recovered from the Advocaat era due to the decisions that were made in the market at that time. We’re still not able to get proper credit facilities. Everything done in recent years has helped to establish us as a top club again, we’ve gained respect across Europe on the park and now we will hopefully restore our reputation as a well run business. Fans live off emotions but clubs can’t be run on that basis.

A big gamble the board have taken yet again, on so many that already have served us so well, and some, that have gone beyond.

Would it hurt for the board to show the same loyalty and faith, in those players, and repay them and the support, with adding quality additions.
That may ensure further success?
Spot on

I don’t get the point on referring to previous years losses, a lot of which were fully converted to shares.

I'm not quite sure but I read that UEFA treat a loss as a loss in FFP regardless of how it is cleared ie. converted to shares, and may take a dim view if it were to continue.

I'm the same as you regarding the squad, it's OK having a big squad but how many of that squad is fit just now when we need them as we have three big matches in a row coming up, sick of people on here saying he's to come etc,,, when? We need a full eleven first team players now.
I saw someone raise the point we have 30 players.
Possibly.But how many are quality players?
That you can depend on.Week in week out, form, or fitness wise, with Europe sandwiched in between?

Certainly not 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back