Positive thread warning. Young players did well today

From being at the game, King wasn’t in anyway a noticeable downgrade from Sands, so why not keep playing him?
I thought McCann was alright, but in that position if guys on treble your wage aren’t taking responsibility and are taking the safe option constantly, must be hard for you to. If he’d been sharper with one of his chances, we’d all be saying he had a great game.

They did ok. Can’t be easy coming into a side as disjointed as that.

King is a bit weak in the air, but has decent turn of foot and range of passing.

McCann looks tidy, like the look of him. He made a few mistakes in second half but still kept going and getting possession and was more positive than out other midfielders.

McCann has been playing the game how long and can't direct the ball goalwards!

Wonder if people would have been so forgiven if they had broke up the park and equalized from that!
Young players need bedded in and allowed to make errors in the early part of their career. To judge a youth player to the same level as an established senior player is insanity.

Leon King strolled it. Charlie McCann needs to pull the trigger and shoot when he gets the chance apart from that he played well.

Leon King strolled it. Charlie McCann needs to pull the trigger and shoot when he gets the chance apart from that he played well.
He tried to 2 or 3 times mate, it just didn't quite sit.

& that's not including the one he took a 'fresh air' on. Which will happen with young lads.

Both played well but McCann needs to score in that game. Tillman played him in and he has to hit it first time but he looks to take a touch and it ruins the chance. Apart from that McCann done well, always looking for the forward pass.

They did well.
Theyve done well before.
Theyve earned their chance to start and whether they play well or not deserve to appear more than once.

Ill put my faith in those lads who are keen to give their best and make an impression than the passengers that have dragged this team down.

Its Gio's only way out of this mess I think because if hes banking on repeat failures coming good, hes toast.

what has his age got to do with his ability to actually kick a ball that is coming to him?

I compared him to Kent in terms of the difference of abuse. Kent and Arfield slagged rotten for their chances, McCann gets a pat on the back because he is 20 years old!
You’re quicker to criticise a young player in one of his first starts than the manager.

McCann started really well and faded.

King had a couple of good moments, but looked pretty shaky and caught out of position a few times. The rest of the defence and midfield being a bombscare certainly doesn't help though.

King did ok, McCann really didn’t have a good game at all OP, he is obviously young and needs far more time and patience but he most certainly did not do well today.

You’re quicker to criticise a young player in one of his first starts than the manager.

because I don't believe the manager is 100% the reason.

most of these players have shown for years that when the times comes the arse goes!

happened under Gerrard, who was pushed to the brink of quitting.

sack Gio, the new manager and the fans will still get let down again and again by these same players.

because I don't believe the manager is 100% the reason.

most of these players have shown for years that when the times comes the arse goes!

happened under Gerrard, who was pushed to the brink of quitting.

sack Gio, the new manager and the fans will still get let down again and again by these same players.
Well you can’t sack all of the players so the only option is to sack Gio because he’s clearly not capable of winning the title

McCann should have been subbed for Steven Davis to give some control later on .
The boy done himself no favours by taking a touch when in a goal scoring position.
Overall he done reasonably well.

From being at the game, King wasn’t in anyway a noticeable downgrade from Sands, so why not keep playing him?
I thought McCann was alright, but in that position if guys on treble your wage aren’t taking responsibility and are taking the safe option constantly, must be hard for you to. If he’d been sharper with one of his chances, we’d all be saying he had a great game.
Sorry mate. I normally get accused of "birthday card pish" as an optimist but they were both very poor.
1. King let the ball bounce every time. He is not a left centre half.
2. McCann was anonymous, a Dundee United level player.
Very poor all round.

Well you can’t sack all of the players so the only option is to sack Gio because he’s clearly not capable of winning the title

and that is a big part of the problem!

some of these players are finished, mentally done, last season was it for them with all the emotions, you need to have a different mentality to play 2 tough games per week.

Some of these players look washed!

They will 100% let the new manager down at some point!

King didn’t look like a young player at all. Good game from him , nice Professional foul and all the scum wanted a go.

McCann made only about 3 passes that never got to a Rangers player. Always available for a pass and the pass in the first half was superb.

Hope to see both of them next couple of months.
And Lowry can’t be too far away after the International break

When you see the comments of some of our supporters, we all want our youth playing, but if they don't play like Messi right away then it's their site there's no settling in phase

Aye you're right. %^*& giving young lads encouragement. Should be hung out to dry... :rolleyes:
Some amount of right miserable cnuts on here.
You're determined to find something to claim is positive. Fine.

Don't get all grumpy when people point out the reality in that they were ok in a terrible team performance.

Clutching at straws that.

King wasn’t great and McCann had flashes but faded. Not writing them off but let’s not blow smoke either.

If King was going to be a regular for us based on his current performances id extremely concerned.
If everyone is completely honest with themselves then they’d say both were average at best.

McCann in particular looked nervous at times which is understandable.

Once again we’re too quick to praise these guys before it’s earned.

I don’t fault either of them though. Both thrown into an absolute car crash of a starting 11.

Sorry mate. I normally get accused of "birthday card pish" as an optimist but they were both very poor.
1. King let the ball bounce every time. He is not a left centre half.
2. McCann was anonymous, a Dundee United level player.
Very poor all round.
Give your head a fkn wobble.

Jesus fckn Christ.

So, we have to evaluate all our youths on the achievements of previous players &/or legends?
You said we can't judge him because he is 20 years old.Im just giving you the names of players who were good at that age

Neither looked good enough for what a Rangers team should look like...but neither did hardly anyone else today.

So he's not good? That's what your saying?
Didn't say that.You said you can't judge him because of his age but he was poor today.
What I will say is he won't have a career with Rangers because the support want money spent on quality players who are the finished article.

Clutching at straws that.

King wasn’t great and McCann had flashes but faded. Not writing them off but let’s not blow smoke either.

If King was going to be a regular for us based on his current performances id extremely concerned.
Remember McCann didn’t come through the academy he was signed from Manchester United it was reported the fee could be as much as 750,000

and that is a big part of the problem!

some of these players are finished, mentally done, last season was it for them with all the emotions, you need to have a different mentality to play 2 tough games per week.

Some of these players look washed!

They will 100% let the new manager down at some point!
So the answer is to just sit back and accept that we hand them the title?

Any half decent manager can set this team up to beat shite like Dundee Utd. Hearts etc can stick 4 past them and you’re not telling me they have better players?

Gio talks about financial gulfs yet struggles to beat teams financially miles below us.

Didn't say that.You said you can't judge him because of his age but he was poor today.
What I will say is he won't have a career with Rangers because the support want money spent on quality players who are the finished article.
I said, you can't compare a 20yr old youth player to a more experienced pro.

Your attempt at a comparison with Michael Owen or Ian Durant is absolutely insane.

& he was not poor today.

As for the support.. ffs.. one minute we are up in arms youth isn't being given a chance, they are, and you come on to tell us what they aren't?

Back