Positive thread warning. Young players did well today

Gibraltar Loyal

I know this my go against the grain and upset those on their soap boxes, however, I thought both King and McCann performed well today.
McCann didn't hide and played a few good passes, one terrific one in 1st half which should have been used better.
King didn't look out of place and while him and Borna need time together to build an understanding, some of his covering play and tackling were superb.
Well done to both.

King was ok.

Didn’t see it as much with McCann personally. Thought he was pretty wasteful at times and passed up a few good opportunities with his reluctance to shoot. There were signs there though and some of the more frustrating moments with him today will come good with experience.

That being said, he’s also playing with a group of senior players that look like scared wee schoolboys so we can hardly judge the young boys too much that are coming in and giving their all.

I know this my go against the grain and upset those on their soap boxes, however, I thought both King and McCann performed well today.
McCann didn't hide and played a few good passes, one terrific one in 1st half which should have been used better.
King didn't look out of place and while him and Borna need time together to build an understanding, some of his covering play and tackling were superb.
Well done to both.

You wouldn’t think that on match thread regarding young McCann tbh .

We need to give these guys game time now, Ajax Away or must win league games they show they can cope okay.

I thought McCann did well up until around the edge of the box when he froze a little but not going to hold that against him. Probably being asked to do a job he's not used to given that Gio likes playing defensive minded midfielders at number 10. He looked like he wasn't just out there to make up the numbers and was always showing for the ball which is a plus.

King did ok I'd say, was left exposed at times though by more senior players around him.

King didnt look great to me and McCann was reasonable albeit just seemed to be bouncing about lacking purpose

McCann is just coming into the team as a young player. Kent's finishing has deteriorated massively.

I thought McCann done well overall

don't care what age he is or what his status is.

it was a sitter and should have scored.

Kent has never been a finisher, this is well known. Point is if Kent is getting dug out then so should McCann.

Oh and Arfield copped shit for his chance as well. Fairs fair, its a team game afterall!

Well done to both.
Clutching at straws that.

King wasn’t great and McCann had flashes but faded. Not writing them off but let’s not blow smoke either.

If King was going to be a regular for us based on his current performances id extremely concerned.

It’s long overdue giving them a start in the league. Getting experience is what matters. They played well considering how poor we were overall.

Jesus Christ McCann was horrific and I really like the kid.

King at least looked like a CH as opposed to sands.

Well done to both.
How dare you say something positive on here today.

Neither looked out of place.

I’d be a lot for forgiving and patient with them in the team than I am with the likes of Kamara.

King done well and McCann played well the first half but was pretty poor in the second half IMO. Poor management leaving him on

Well your the one comparing him to Kent.

So you tell me what the difference is?

what has his age got to do with his ability to actually kick a ball that is coming to him?

I compared him to Kent in terms of the difference of abuse. Kent and Arfield slagged rotten for their chances, McCann gets a pat on the back because he is 20 years old!

McCann never had a great game but he is a quality player and much better than he showed today, he should not be dropped.
King was absolutely fine.

Thought McCann did well in the first half, one pass in particular into the box displayed vision that we don’t often see from our midfielders.

Second half he dropped out the game, but it was symptomatic of the team performance rather than him as an individual.

Youngsters did fine, hopefully they don't get dragged down to the level of the senior players around as McCann seemed to in the second half.

King aye. Mccann was fine foe 15/20 mins n had umpteen chances to score n made arse of it, overall thought he struggled tbh.

Thought King couldve done better a few times. Mccan did well and finishing will come for him perhaps under a different manager

what has his age got to do with his ability to actually kick a ball that is coming to him?

I compared him to Kent in terms of the difference of abuse. Kent and Arfield slagged rotten for their chances, McCann gets a pat on the back because he is 20 years old!
You surely don't believe that two players at completely different points of their career should be judged equally do you?

I thought Mcann was good but faded second half.

King done ok but got caught out of position 2 or 3 times.

I'd be playing Mcann most domestic games but I'd bring Davies in ahead of King.

Really disappointing to hear the angry wee men stamp their feet and howl whenever McCann gave it away or went back the way. Looked like it dented his confidence a wee bit.

He could have done better.

He's a young kid making one of his 1st starts for us.

But yeah mate, let's compare him with seasoned pros.

Totally reasonable...

Clutching at straws that.

King wasn’t great and McCann had flashes but faded. Not writing them off but let’s not blow smoke either.

If King was going to be a regular for us based on his current performances id extremely concerned.
I’d agree with this. I know they are young but I’m not going to come on here and lie. I thought King wasn’t that good if honest and McCann started ok but faded as game went on. But I’d prefer younger players coming into a team high on confidence not games like today

King is a brilliant talent. Got really high hopes for him.

Just wasn’t McCann’s day today but again, you can see has something about him.

Back