Team Vs Hearts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last break for the players til the World Cup is over, thankfully. Absolutely massive game for us on Saturday. A chance to go top for a couple of hours and actually put a bit of pressure on them to see what they’re made of. I don’t think there’s any doubt that Hearts are the best of the rest in this country so we’ll have to really up our game. Hopefully we can prove a lot of doubters, including myself wrong.
is this the same Hearts that got pumped 4-0 at home same night they disrespected a minutes silence to our late Queen Elizabeth. they are pish and we should go there looking to win convincingly

I hope the management team are part of the group who "all know Hearts will come at us from the start" as it's seemed to take them completely by surprise in our last away games. It needs drilled into them.

We need to be on it from the first second and get the first goal. Chasing the game doesn't seem to suit this team.
Hmmm they knew the filth were going to do exactly the same at the piggery but never learned from last time and just let them run over the top of us. It's us that need to be on the front foot from the off.

We’ve not had that many players away on duty.

Barisic, Davis, Jack, McCrorie, Kamara, Yilmaz, Tillman, Sakala.

Only 5 of those realistically are playing against Hearts & Tillman only got about 40 mins across 2 games.

I hope the manager has been working the squad on patterns of play & moving the ball a lot quicker.

Hearts will start the game at 100mph and we need to be ready for it.

Too many over rate Hearts on here. Other than the early defeat last season Tynecastle is food and drink for the other mob and should be for us as well.
However here lies the problem, we have had 2 weeks to regroup and we need a response, a good performance and a win.
Hate to say it but I'm not confident, anything other than a win and the excuses have run dry and we will need a change going forward.
The board will not make that change though and its probable a good few more disappointing days in store before heads come out the sand.
A lot riding on Saturday and we will learn a lot, hopefully in a positive sense.

We’ve not had that many players away on duty.

Barisic, Davis, Jack, McCrorie, Kamara, Yilmaz, Tillman, Sakala.

Only 5 of those realistically are playing against Hearts & Tillman only got about 40 mins across 2 games.

I hope the manager has been working the squad on patterns of play & moving the ball a lot quicker.

Hearts will start the game at 100mph and we need to be ready for it.

Going by Instagram they have had time off

Going by Instagram they have had time off
I wouldn’t have expected them to be in everyday, but they should’ve been training for say 60% of the time.

Most of those players won’t be at the World Cup & will get 4 weeks ‘off’.

The worrying thing is I don’t look at any of our players & imagine them working on their game on their own.

Usually cannot wait for International break to end, but can see this game far enough. Hopefully start well and a comfortable victory. Heart says 3-0 Teds, head says 1-1.

3-1 Rangers. Won't please a lot on here who will have to wait til midweek to moan again.
Really??. Come on you’ve watched the same games as the rest of us. We’ve been miles off the pace for weeks now it’s murder to watch. Even if we win on Saturday it’ll just paper over the cracks I’m afraid. I’ve spoke to umpteen bears since the filth got beat last week not one of us was arsed as we can see the state we are in. Some people just don’t like what’s staring them in the face.

Huge game for us, we have decent run of games domestically after the weekend right up to the break.

Nothing about our form this season or our away form under GVP inspires confidence but we need to find a way to win

I'm sick to death of international breaks, but this last one could maybe have come at a perfect time for us (usually comes at a terrible time).
They've dropped points and had to stew in it for 2 weeks, rumours of fallings out, injuries etc all coming since. Which we know are BS but still it's nice not to be on the receiving end.
It's hopefully also given us a bit of a chance to take stock of where we are, get some bodies back and get guys like Tav and Lundstram who IMO look like they've been carrying injuries time to recover.
My only worry is that the fact we are only 2 behind may have somehow galvanised in the managers mind that his way is working and we don't need to change anything.

Tynecastle can be a notoriously difficult place to play, we need to take the sting out the game and let our football take over from there. But if we don't match their effort we will drop points.

Three domestic away games so far this season and, similar to most of Gios tenure, we’ve been honking in them all.

Difficult to see that changing on Saturday to be honest, and difficult to even see where any goals come from with the likely starting 11.

We were flung a huge lifeline last Sunday so we’ll see how Gio and our players react to it. We have a chance to go top for a bit at least and put some pressure on the filth.

Just fûcking win Rangers.

We all know Hearts will come at us from the start when playing at home.
It’s what they do.
We just need to be ready and take our chances.

Most of the games the problem is, that teams won't come at us, so this shouldn't be a problem.

The real problem will be, if we don't utilise it against them and keep on retreating into our box just defending it.

Hearts are maybe the best of the rest, but there shouldn't be a question of which team has more quality. We shouldn't be hiding.

Two comfortable victories there last season and folk gave us written off unreal

There was absolutely nothing comfortable about the 1st victory, we scored 2 early goals & got battered for the rest of the game.

Hearts created numerous chances & hit the woodwork on a few occasions, Boyce also missed 1-2 golden chances if memory serves me rite.

I hope the management team are part of the group who "all know Hearts will come at us from the start" as it's seemed to take them completely by surprise in our last away games. It needs drilled into them.

We need to be on it from the first second and get the first goal. Chasing the game doesn't seem to suit this team.
How often do we seem ill prepared?

Look at the midweek match at Pittodrie after the SPFL enforced winter break.

Despite Gio being a veteran of games v Aberdeen and how absolutely fired up for the game they get. He gives James Sands, only just signed from the American league his debut. The match was always gonna pass him by and it was another occasion where we chose to try and play walking football.

The recent debacle at the Piggery was evidence that our management team seem reluctant to learn from the past.

I'd like to see us, just for once go flying out the traps up at Tynecastle but I'm expecting the usual slow passive cautious start that Gio seems to employ each time we play away from home.

Gonna be a really tough game for us.

Gios first trip to Tynecastle we flew out the traps with Kent Morelos and Sakala starting. 2-0 up after 13 minutes.

Don’t think we saw that front 3 again mind you.

Last break for the players til the World Cup is over, thankfully. Absolutely massive game for us on Saturday. A chance to go top for a couple of hours and actually put a bit of pressure on them to see what they’re made of. I don’t think there’s any doubt that Hearts are the best of the rest in this country so we’ll have to really up our game. Hopefully we can prove a lot of doubters, including myself wrong.
I hope our players are fully focused on Saturday and are not looking forward to the Liverpool game. Sadly, I am worried they will be.

Three domestic away games so far this season and, similar to most of Gios tenure, we’ve been honking in them all.

Difficult to see that changing on Saturday to be honest, and difficult to even see where any goals come from with the likely starting 11.

We were flung a huge lifeline last Sunday so we’ll see how Gio and our players react to it. We have a chance to go top for a bit at least and put some pressure on the filth.

Just fûcking win Rangers.

I’m hoping Lawrence is fit to start. It’s went under the radar a bit just how much we’ve missed him.

This’ll be another nervy game.

Hearts will come out the teams flying and have an early go at us.
We show these team far too much respect and will try to contain the early wave and keep the zero.
Will grow into the game in the second half and hopefully win it by the odd goal.

The problem with this strategy is it doesn’t leave much margin for error if they get a corner/free kick in the dying moments if the game.

I’d rather we came out the traps flying. Never mind the “zero”
Concentrate on the 3, 4 or 5 goals that we want to score.

Our players seem to have convinced themselves it’s a difficult place to play. No wonder they shite their pants in front of 60,000 mentally challengeds if they feel that way about 15,000 salt and sauce merchants at Tynecastle.

It's a huge game for GVB, arguably one of his biggest yet.

If the players put in a performance it will go a some way to suggest they haven't given up the ghost just yet. Celtic losing at St. Mirren should have given them a boost. This is the chance to apply some scoreboard pressure and kick start the season.

Anything else will only serve to confound the doubts that a lot of people have about the current set up.

Our players seem to have convinced themselves it’s a difficult place to play. No wonder they shite their pants in front of 60,000 mentally challengeds if they feel that way about 15,000 salt and sauce merchants at Tynecastle.

So have some of our fans tbf.

There were people on here suggesting we shouldn't be starting our new 4 million quid centre back signing because Tynecastle is a "difficult venue."

The revere for these jobbers is embarrassing.

We’ve won easily on our last 2 trips to Tyncastle ?

People are seriously making up stuff now to use against the team.

I’m hoping Lawrence is fit to start. It’s went under the radar a bit just how much we’ve missed him.
He’s a big player for us now but partly because when he is not available GVB reverts back to playing multiple defensive midfielders which never works domestically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back