Team Vs Hearts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
McLaughlin (If fit)
Tav Goldson Davies Ridvan
Lundstram Arfield
Sakala Tillman Kent
Morelos

A side thats lacks any real quality but you’ve at least got 3 goal scorers. I’ll cry if we’ve got one of the many defensive midfield pairings and RW that offers no goal threat.

You’d play 5 defenders and a holding midfielder against an SPFL side???

You know it’s hearts we’re playing and not Man City?
Barisic & Tavernier in this system is more about what they do going forward.

I would always play a holding midfielder but it would be one as opposed to Gio's preferred 2

You can’t judge him in Lowland league games , so how many does that make?
You asked the question mate on how many games I've seen him play. You now want to categorise what competitions. Tell you what I watched him today for NI under 21's and he most certainly didn't play in an advanced role. What caveats do you now wish to add to the conversation?

You asked the question mate on how many games I've seen him play. You now want to categorise what competitions. Tell you what I watched him today for NI under 21's and he most certainly didn't play in an advanced role. What caveats do you now wish to add to the conversation?
Only that you give him time at SPFL level before writing him off , I agree that based on the Dundee Utd game he didn’t suit the role but let’s see where he goes.

God knows. Can’t even pick XI that deserve to be on the pitch and god only knows what Gio will muster up for this one. Anything other than dropped points and I’ll be astonished.

McLaughlin (If fit)
Tav Goldson Davies Ridvan
Lundstram Arfield
Sakala Tillman Kent
Morelos

A side thats lacks any real quality but you’ve at least got 3 goal scorers. I’ll cry if we’ve got one of the many defensive midfield pairings and RW that offers no goal threat.

It really doesn't matter which team is finally selected, but if we plod around the midfield, we are goosed.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Davies Yilmaz
Lundstram McCann
Morelos Tillman Matondo
Colak

The only part I am swithering about is Yilmaz. Borna has done nothing to deserve dropped.

Edit: managed to have 12 on the pitch. Arfield removed.

Last edited:
I want to see us switch to a 3-5-2 / 3-5-1-1.

Mcgregor

Sands
Goldson
Davies

Tavernier
Lundstrum
Arfield
Tillman
Barisic

Colak
Morelos

It has to be worth a try. I would go as far as to say the success of our season might depend on finding a way to get Morelos and Colak playing together, especially since we are current so weak on the wings.

It may also help defensively and a back 3 will be necessary against Liverpool anyway

He doesn’t play 2 up top and he’s not gonna play our only 2 fit strikers at the same time leaving nothing on the bench it will be kent off colak if he goes 3-5-2

If we going to play with an inside forward as such then be as well playing Alfie there
instead of Arfield and keeping Colak through the middle.
Don't have good enough players to play two actual wingers tbh and having one on either wing with only one in the box is no use if we don't have midfielders to support, and no Lawrence to play up there of course.

McGregor
Tav Goldson King(if fit) Barisic
Lundstram Davis
Sakala Arfield Kent
Morelos

that would be my team
but likely be
McGregor
Tav Goldson Davies Barisic
Jack Lundstram
Arfield Tillman Kent
Colak
Who is Sakala? Must be a new guy…

McGregor
King Goldson Davies
Tav Lundstram Davis Borna
Kent
Morelos Colak

In preparation for a back 3 against Liverpool

McGregor
Tav Goldson Davies Borna

(Lawrence if he makes it I know it was a big if) if no Lawrence then Tillman Lundstram Davis

Matonda and Kent down the wings

Morelos

I know it’s 6 days away but this international football is boredom on the highest level.

So, who would your 11 be to take the field at Tynecastle in what is a massive fixture?

Mines would be;

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Davies
Barisic

Lundstram
Jack
Arfield

Wright
Morelos
Kent
Not that team.

Surprised to see Tillman picked in so many predicted line ups. With his lack of work rate I wouldn't have him anywhere near a starting place at Tynecastle
We need creativity in the team and he’s the only player who will offer us that from the no10 position. Look at our last home game, he came on the park and was involved in creating multiple chances that just weren’t there when he wasn’t on the park. Work rate is overrated when you offer nothing else and that’s what many midfielders in our squad offer. Tillman has that X factor you need in a cam at rangers.

McGregor (the least risky choice of three!)

Tav (hopefully the break sees him back to full fitness)
Goldson
Davies
Barisic (not time for Yilmaz yet)

Lundstrum
Sands (give the boy a chance to shine in the right area)

Matondo
Tillman
Kent

Morelos

I’ve chopped and changed my mind but my team would be something like this

Mccrorie(Gio will select one of McLaughlin/McGregor)
Tav
Goldson
Davies
Yilmaz( needs to get involved at some point)
McCann
Lundstram
Matondo
Tillman
Kent
Morelos

Just for the love of Christ don’t play three sitting midfielders like that monstrosity of a team we seen last game. McCann is a sitting midfielder but he will pass forward, something which most of our sitting midfielders don’t do. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s jack and lundstram.

Just don’t think these type of games suit the big man up there on his own. Morelos has 9 goals in 8 against Hearts aswell I’m sure. Maybe play both?
Exactly this.
As much as I agree that dropping him would be wrong for the player, playing Morelos is the best option for the team.

Tav
Goldson
Davies
McCann
Lundstram
Matondo
Tillman
Kent
Morelos

Just for the love of Christ don’t play three sitting midfielders like that monstrosity of a team we seen last game. McCann is a sitting midfielder but he will pass forward, something which most of our sitting midfielders don’t do. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s jack and lundstram.

I can’t see him playing a new left back and a new left sided CH in this one.

Also, McCann didn’t play as a sitting midfielder vDutd, neither did Jack.

Lastly, along with Kent, I don’t see what Tillman has done recently to justify a start? If he finds his early season form (first few games) then I agree with you.

Tav
Goldson
Davies
McCann
Lundstram
Matondo
Tillman
Kent
Morelos

You’re spot on Yilmaz needs to be involved at some point.

But it won’t be at Tynecastle or Anfield.

If he was close to getting a game it would surely have been at home to Dundee United. And yet not so much as a kick of the ball from him.

I struggle to understand why some people think this is normal and a “bedding in” process. It’s starting to look like a waste of money

If there’s no Davies after ANOTHER two weeks on the training ground, then big questions need asked of Gio at the next presser.

Irrespective of the team though, I’d just be happy to see the team not look surprised that Hearts come at us early doors after a fortnight of preparation.

Impossible to second guess van Bronckhorst team line ups now but we can only hope he's used these 2 weeks international break to rejuvenate the squad.

The centre of defence is going to be interesting with Sands being suspended for Anfield. You'd like to think if it's King or Davies playing at Anfield they'd get the nod at Tynecastle first.

Looking at our injury list we can only hope this starts to ease off soon and we could see a very different looking side with Davies, Lowry, Lawrence, Roofe and Morelos in it regularly.

That makes it worse then , no chance McCann, Sakala or Davies start the game . Btw Ryan Kent needs dropped too
Maybe if Gio would play our new £4M CB it would bring some stability to the defence?.. he's been an unused sub the previous 4/5 games

Or maybe if he hadn't frozen out Sakala who scored 12 goals with something like 7 assists last season we'd score more goals?.. he also played very well at Tynecastle last season.

Mcann provides an energy & enthusiasm that Arfield & Tiliman don't... he's also confident on the ball.

Kent I agree with but if you won't play Sakala then who are your 2 wingers? Matondo & Wright?

What team would you go with?

If there’s no Davies after ANOTHER two weeks on the training ground, then big questions need asked of Gio at the next presser.

Irrespective of the team though, I’d just be happy to see the team not look surprised that Hearts come at us early doors after a fortnight of preparation.

Are “big” questions bigger than “serious” questions? I see both words used.

Joking aside, I agree. I wonder if there has been any bounce games this week. If King is injured then he needs to play, I can’t watch Sands at CH anymore!!

In prep for the Liverpool game, I would actually like to see us play King / Goldson / Davies but i’m not sure he will

Are “big” questions bigger than “serious” questions? I see both words used.

Joking aside, I agree. I wonder if there has been any bounce games this week. If King is injured then he needs to play, I can’t watch Sands at CH anymore!!

In prep for the Liverpool game, I would actually like to see us play King / Goldson / Davies but i’m not sure he will
King captained Scotland under 21's yesterday. Played the full 90 minutes.

Maybe if Gio would play our new £4M CB it would bring some stability to the defence?.. he's been an unused sub the previous 4/5 games

Or maybe if he hadn't frozen out Sakala who scored 12 goals with something like 7 assists last season we'd score more goals?.. he also played very well at Tynecastle last season.

Mcann provides an energy & enthusiasm that Arfield & Tiliman don't... he's also confident on the ball.

Kent I agree with but if you won't play Sakala then who are your 2 wingers? Matondo & Wright?

What team would you go with?
Davies definitely needs games , starting at Tyncastle isn't the right time though.
Sakala rightly or wrongly hasn't had a look in this season , again away to hearts isn't the right time to play him .

McCann has a better chance to start , I think he looks capable of starting but reckon Gio might play safe in this one.

My team would be McGregor, Tav, Goldson, King, Borna Lundstrum Jack Tillman Lawrence Morelos Colak.
Get the width from the fullbacks with Morelos and Lawrence playing narrow supporting Colak

I'm really not one of these intolerably miserable posters but I don't think I've been more certain of dropped points in the league out with OF matches than this one.

The arguments about why the new players aren't playing will rage on but regardless we spent our transfer budget on 3 guys were getting zero return from. Tbh I'm not really interested in the reasons why that in itself is inexcusable, unfortunately successful seasons don't usually manifest from such events.

Davies definitely needs games , starting at Tyncastle isn't the right time though.
Sakala rightly or wrongly hasn't had a look in this season , again away to hearts isn't the right time to play him .

McCann has a better chance to start , I think he looks capable of starting but reckon Gio might play safe in this one.

My team would be McGregor, Tav, Goldson, King, Borna Lundstrum Jack Tillman Lawrence Morelos Colak.
Get the width from the fullbacks with Morelos and Lawrence playing narrow supporting Colak
It's Tynecastle not the Nou Camp.. id play Davies no problem.

If we don't play him on Saturday do we throw him in at Anfield?.. if not there's another game down and his match fitness only gets worse.

Regarding your 11..

I'd play Davies over King for the reasons above.

Jack has looked miles off it this season.

Will Lawrence even be fit?.. especially to start?

Tiliman away from home in what will probably end up being a battle has man down written all over it.

Morelos & Colak I like.

My point is its easy to come on these threads and shoot down other people's teams without posting your own.

We aren't exactly spoiled for choice for in form payers just now hence a wide variety of teams on this thread.

Let's face it. GVB will treat this as if we are already at Anfield. Sit in try and hit on break. They score 1st we're in trouble.

It's Tynecastle not the Nou Camp.. id play Davies no problem.

If we don't play him on Saturday do we throw him in at Anfield?.. if not there's another game down and his match fitness only gets worse.

Regarding your 11..

I'd play Davies over King for the reasons above.

Jack has looked miles off it this season.

Will Lawrence even be fit?.. especially to start?

Tiliman away from home in what will probably end up being a battle has man down written all over it.

Morelos & Colak I like.

My point is its easy to come on these threads and shoot down other people's teams without posting your own.

We aren't exactly spoiled for choice for in form payers just now hence a wide variety of teams on this thread.
Lack of match fitness away to hearts will be an issue, in saying that our options are limited in certain areas. King should and will play, Tillman is this season's Borna for his performance at Mordor but if he plays centrally he will be give hertz problems it's not Barcelona we're playing !

If Lawrence can go 60 minutes he'd be a better option than Kent who at this time looks like he'd rather be any where but here. Btw you're right it is easy to criticise some folks team selections , but your stood out for being so so bad :))

Mcgregor
Tav Goldson King Davies Barasic
McCann Lundstrum Arfield
Colak Morelos

Instead of having wingers use wing backs that can give more strength to the midfield. Plus having 2 up top gives us an out ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back