Team Vs Hearts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
_______________McGregor

Tav______Goldson____Davies______Barisic

__________Lundstram__Davis

Sakala__________Mcann___________Kent

_______________Morelos

Unsurprisingly given current form there is a fair bit of concern for this fixture, however if anyone saw the highlights of Hearts apparent great result at Fir Park last week they would have seen that the scoreline was a travesty. Motherwell had over 20 attempts on goal and should have scored 3 or 4. I'd also add that with Shankland up front they lack the physical edge they've had in recent years.

_______________McGregor

Tav______Goldson____Davies______Barisic

__________Lundstram__Davis

Sakala__________Mcann___________Kent

_______________Morelos
The boy McCann should be nowhere near that attacking mid slot. He has a great future, but not there.

A lot depends on the tactics. If we accept gio will have the usual away disaster, I’d go a heavily defensive formation and team.

If we are withdrawn and passive hoping to nick a goal it would be better to set up that way.

He was defensive at home to the worst team in the league. Maybe go three CH and defensive midfield. It might be how he sets up.

Could be a long and painful watch.

Usually just anywhere along Gorgie Road. Never had any hassle and last time I got the mrs to drop me off almost as far down as the Tynecastle bar.

Never had any issues down that way,albeit I don’t wear colours to away games as usually make a day of it and head out after.
Never get any real aggro visiting tynecastle even in cooours

A lot depends on the tactics. If we accept gio will have the usual away disaster, I’d go a heavily defensive formation and team.

If we are withdrawn and passive hoping to nick a goal it would be better to set up that way.

He was defensive at home to the worst team in the league. Maybe go three CH and defensive midfield. It might be how he sets up.

Almost certain to be so.

The boy McCann should be nowhere near that attacking mid slot. He has a great future, but not there.
I get what you're saying but he played further forward v Dundee Utd and had a good game..albeit he faded towards the end.

The attacking mid spot that Gio likes to play isn't an out and out No10 role.

It's a link between midfield & attack with defensive duties so he's not going to be up beside Morelos for 90 mins.

I do agree long term he'll play deeper but at the minute I'd have him ahead of Tiliman & Arfield purely for the fact he brings good energy to the team and is technically very good.

Usually just anywhere along Gorgie Road. Never had any hassle and last time I got the mrs to drop me off almost as far down as the Tynecastle bar.

Never had any issues down that way,albeit I don’t wear colours to away games as usually make a day of it and head out after.
Cheers buddy. i dont wear colours myself to away games as you never know where youll end up!

That’s very harsh and not sure what it’s based on , wasn’t great against Dundee Utd but who was?
It's based on he had a number of incidents in and around the box where he failed to either control or get a shot away, incidents where for example I would be confident of Lowry capitalising on. As I said he has a bright future,but it will be in the areas Lundstram, Davis Jack currently operate in.

FFS mate, calm down.

You going to call the police if Gio doesn't play 2 up top ? :)
All joking aside we the fans are sick of this one up front defensive set up in the SPL

Let’s see what a front 3 of Morelos Colak and Lent can do. Let’s play one defensive mid and allow Lawrence and Tillman to roam free.

I guarantee you our goals will increase and so will the fans happiness levels

All joking aside we the fans are sick of this one up front defensive set up in the SPL

Let’s see what a front 3 of Morelos Colak and Lent can do. Let’s play one defensive mid and allow Lawrence and Tillman to roam free.

I guarantee you our goals will increase and so will the fans happiness levels

Hopefully we won't have to wait until Lent :)

I would like to see us trying Alfie and Colak with an on form Kent supplying ammunition, with Lawrence and Tillman behind. Alfie can roam and Colak will get plenty of chances to bury.

Won't happen at Tynecastle, but definitely worth a go, probably at Ibrox initially.

Tillmans form had dropped off a cliff, I wouldn’t start him.

Did Gio not say Lawrence was touch and go for this one?

We would be nuts to play three CBs in the Scottish Premiership, just makes the team more defensive for no reason. We would be sacrificing a midfielder for another CB which makes no sense when we are playing against teams that just park the bus

Need to go here and put on a performance that we deserve. No more back passes, no more tippy tappy, just go for it. Attack and just win Rangers

Depends on whether all GVB is interested in is keeping the zero

It's based on he had a number of incidents in and around the box where he failed to either control or get a shot away, incidents where for example I would be confident of Lowry capitalising on. As I said he has a bright future,but it will be in the areas Lundstram, Davis Jack currently operate in.
So we now judge a player on one game?

I want to see us switch to a 3-5-2 / 3-5-1-1.

Mcgregor

Sands
Goldson
Davies

Tavernier
Lundstrum
Arfield
Tillman
Barisic

Colak
Morelos

You’d play 5 defenders and a holding midfielder against an SPFL side???

You know it’s hearts we’re playing and not Man City?

He's played at Tynecastle twice and won twice. Give yourself peace.

Looking at the keeper, midfield and right attacking options is depressing.

Hopefully hang in there until the winter window and do something about that then.

Mcgregor

Goldson
King (if fit)
Davies/Sands

Tav
Jack
Lundstram
Borna

Arfield

Morelos
Colak

I want to see us switch to a 3-5-2 / 3-5-1-1.

Mcgregor

Sands
Goldson
Davies

Tavernier
Lundstrum
Arfield
Tillman
Barisic

Colak
Morelos
For a game like this I'd love to see it but 3 at the back requires an awful lot of drilling.
I'd be happy enough with 4_2_2_2

People need to get off the case with ‘defensive midfielders’. It’s not their fault the attackers like kent, Wright etc don’t provide or score

Near every top team plays with a balanced midfield, A deep playmaker, a ball winner and a more creative midfielder

He's played at Tynecastle twice and won twice. Give yourself peace.
I was there to watch a brilliant aribo take them apart. But it was an equal game, since then Gio has gone well full gio tactics and fitness levels.

Hearts will be up for this big time and the challenges flying in from the first minute. I just hope we're prepared for a battle.

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Sands
Barisic

Davis
Lundstram
Tilman

Wright
Colak
Sakala

Kent just doesn’t deserve to start.

Don't know if Tynecastle is the right time to try it, but I want to see Morelos and Colak together. Otherwise, that would be my team as well.
Agree Morelos dropping into that right hand channel that he likes to take up regularly. We know though that GVB won’t change as he’s stubborn and set in his ways!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back