MOTM Poll Liverpool v Rangers - 20:00 Tuesday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
too much negativity aye were being over run but theres only a set peice between us so far the positives so far is the defence is now a better shape midfield not quite right Alfie and Kent working hard on scraps theres a chance it could go tits up 2nd half but then again maybe not fingers crossed we get a wee rub here cmon the gers
You been watching the game boab?

Ok we are back at the top level, and there's the money which is all great. But christ this is hard to watch. Like playing against 14 men. Well done Greegs for keeping it to one which is a small miracle. Hopefully we don't fold in the second half.

Liverpool are one of the best teams in the world, what the %^*& are some fans expecting

Our shape has been decent, but we are getting closed down rapid when we have the ball and it forces mistakes

Another body in midfield for tillman and that will help out lundstram and Davis a lot and might help us get a bit further up the park

They are playing it like a training game.
We can’t string 3 passes together.

McGregor fantastic.

I can only hope of some changes in formation and some sort of gameplan the players can react positively too.

Honestly not as bad as I thought it would be, probably our best European performance this season (not as if it could get much worse).

An arguably out of form Liverpool right now but they are still one of the top 3 teams in world football.

Not really sure how to do the second half. Play the same and hope for a small chance. Or take it to them and potentially concede 4 goals?

Tillman off Arfield on.
Barisic, I’ve pretty much lost all patience with, unless he is sent down the line with a pass he’s turning back, he offers very little defensively too. I’d be going with our expensive left back now.

We sold patterson, aribo and bassey and absolutely replaced them with utter dross..,
I didn't expect to win tonight but I want to atleast battle even 50/50 balls we are bei g shoved aside. Either the players are not good enough or the manager can't get them to follow instructions I'd say both

We are really lucky to be 1-0 down it could easily be a cricket score..

I know we have got to get to the champions league to make money.
However as long as we are buying mediocre players it’s a f uckin embarrassment.

You expect us to go there and win by 2 or 3?

We could have spent another £10m and we’d still be struggling in this game

Don’t understand the thinking at times, yip we could keep ball better but what are folk expecting really

We have regressed massively this season on the European stage.

It’s like watching Rangers of old trying to compete and failing miserably.

I don’t expect us to go to Liverpool and win but in the previous 3-4 seasons we would at the very least have looked like a football team.

Tillman wouldn't play well on the right against Peterhead, never mind Liverpool.
Borna is like a rabbit in the headlights every time Salah gets the ball.
Need to twist at some point and press them higher and obviously use the ball better.

Tillman should be doing much better against their LB, he’s a ropey defender and gets caught out far up the pitch. We need to attack down their left hand side, I don’t know if Wright is technically good enough to compete at this level but at least he’s show more urgency than Tillman.

I am in a pub in Liverpool City Centre. Full of Bears but it’s pretty subdued with only the defiance of AM giving us any hope.

We need to change things but f*ck knows what we change?

The balance of the game is where we might have expected it to be but in possession we have been beyond hopeless. Panic stations, hesitant, naive.

It’s time to do something brave, something we all know deep down Gio won’t do.

How can Tillman go from being great to absolutely crap, that’s on the manager

There is a gulf in ability and, even if we had spent another £20 million, it would still be there. They have better players in most positions.

But .... surely we can coach the technical skills. Passes to feet, movement off the ball, playing the ball into channels
100% agree mate. The attitude, the plan, the basics are a shambles. Accepting defeat like Amsterdam. I will eat every word of this ends a draw and look stupid but that 45 minutes is not acceptable despite the quality of the opposition.

I think GvB set us up wrong tonight. It's just defence v attack. We have no midfield which is just allowing them to keep coming at us. Davis is no good in that team as he doesn't have the energy. Arfield or Kamara would be far more suited to him as they can run faster and longer.

Tactics were ruined after early goal. He needs Davis and Tillman off for Kamara and Arfield
It's the same every game where we are underdogs.

Just sit back and hope for the best.

A cowardly approach.

Last edited:
If GvB makes no changes at half time then he’s basically resigning - he’s saying that getting hammered is the best we can hope for.
We are 1-0 down against one of the best teams in the world, at one of the hardest stadiums to visit.

We need to be better but that’s over the top, far better teams than us leave Anfield with an absolute drubbing.

Back