MOTM Poll Liverpool v Rangers - 20:00 Tuesday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not one rangers fan would have picked this team or set up. And i suspect 99% of managers on world football.

Some of the comments on this thread are mental. We're a goal down, away from home against a team which has competed in 3 of the last 5 Champions League finals. A team who have guys valued well into the tens of millions in virtually every position, including on the bench. We also get to hone our skills week in week out against teams like Ross County & Motherwell, while Liverpool play likes of Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. Anyone who thinks we should be competing on an equal footing tonight needs sectioned. I'd love to see us get at them a bit more, but they're on a completely different level to what we're used to playing against. The step up in quality is just too much for most of our players and that's just a fact, not a criticism.
We're down to a free kick and a pen, but at the same time the disappointment and , rightly so I think, is that we have offered next to nothing with the ball.

Basically resigned to getting nothing from this campaign, didnt feel the usual anger when we conceed a goal when the penalty went in. We're no where close to the 3 teams in this group.

Improvements needed in January to win the league and hopefully have an improved crack at this again next year.

I’m not one for slagging our own but Tillman is a man short out there tonight. How he’s got the nod in the first place is baffling.

Back