Bother at the end

I sit opposite end at Ibrox but I’ve seen it with my own eyes away from home

Unless it has just appeared in the last 2 seasons then I can tell you first hand It's a myth.

I was in the section for years and on the rare occasion a song came from elsewhere the UB capo would stop the song and join in, every single time. (with the exception of daft shit like TBB in Europe)

Unless it has just appeared in the last 2 seasons then I can tell you first hand It's a myth.

I was in the section for years and on the rare occasion a song came from elsewhere the UB capo would stop the song and join in, every single time. (with the exception of daft shit like TBB in Europe)
Should’ve sang the billy boys in the qualifiers and saved us these embarrassments

Feel like an element of the UB have definitely tried to take a leaf out of the Brondby playbook since we played them last season. Can't remember the balaclavas and constant "attempts" to get at the away support before that.
The balaclavas have been there for years. It’s to hide their face on CCTV mainly for pyro use.

Is this like the Dundee Utd female fans claim that she had bottles thrown at her and that was bullshit. If anyone had been hit in the face with a bottle there would have been police right in with them and paramedics taking this female from her seat so, did you see any of that? Is there evidence of this that she was hit in the face?
No this is nothing like Dundee Utd. This is a 67 year old woman being hit on the face with a bottle by one of our fans.
She had medical attention in the first aid room.

They are the quietest away support on a European night that I can remember for along while. I expected something loud and proud from them and yet what they gave was a 4/10 .
A very dull support indeed. Other than the tiresome L-i-v-e-r-p-o-o-l repeately chanted they were very quiet till near the end. Also such drab dressers, hardly any red on show, they all wear dull clothes, I actually counted more Irish tricolours on show than Red Liverpool scarves.

I've seen the video.

Its not bother at all, its a group of lads walking across the stand and exiting at the divide instead of their own exit with a few hand gestures.

Edited to add - must be another video?

Last edited:
Liverpool have the flattest support going, genuinely crap home and away. I've honestly heard better atmosphere from Hibs fans.

It’s been taken over by neds.

You look across Europe at these groups and the younger lot know their place. All the older members seem to have left.

Displays have went up a level recently I’ll give them that, but no one can be arsed with them trying to look hard behind Police lines.

UB do good things defending PRW etc when firms from across Europe have came over. Famous video of them chasing Osijek down the road etc but the shit that went on inside the stadium last night is just embarrassing.
I can't imagine why neds would be attracted to it.

Wasn’t expecting much atmosphere from Liverpool fans at home or away. A group stage against us is small fry for them and a much bigger occasion for us. They expected to sweep us aside on there way to the knock outs. And they did.

I'm not buying into this whole they were quiet because it wasn't an occasion for them.

Travelling up to Ibrox to play us is an occasion regardless of the gulf between the sides. If the likes of PSG or Bayern came to Ibrox I guarantee they would have a fantastic support. Man U were 10x louder.

Liverpools fans are shite.

I enjoy the displays but the rest of this ultra stuff isn’t for me , they’d be absolutely livid the rest of the ground took the first post goal song in derry’s walls and didn’t get a chance to unleash into some jive bunny nonsense, going by what I’ve seen at away games they wouldn’t have joined in either ,if they don’t start it they don’t join in , ridiculous really
Noticed this myself, if they don’t start the song the drum stops and they don’t sing , is that some ultra code as well?

Yes bud, its why I'm asking, I know Liverpool has a number of flute bands and a decent orange fraternity (can't all be Everton fans) many of them will attend games and stand side by side with Republicans. For us up here, that's incomprehensible and shudders the thought. Would love to know from a Liverpool fan.
Just not a big issue down here. Liverpool and every English club has a mixed religious support. Yes we have the biggest Orange membership on the mainland outside Glasgow but on the other hand there's the republican element like Glasgow.

But unlike Glasgow both sides of the divide stand next to each other at Anfield and Goodison. Honestly it's not a major problem on Merseyside. We don't really give a %^*&. Last night there were maybe 5 or 6 Irish flags, but there were nearly 3,000 Scousers there so not that big a deal in my eyes though it will be in yours perhaps. And it's obviously done as a wind up which worked to an extent.

The lizzie in a box song though abhorrent to Rangers fans will just be seen as a laugh to LFC fans as there's no blind devotion to royalty here. Again I'm not defending it just trying to explain why some people would join in with it.

The 'ra' song I've never heard in all my 60 years of support but I can't deny it was sung. I don't like it and can only assume it was started by some of our Irish fans and unlikely to ever be heard again if I'm honest. It was definitely just to Gers fans.

Hope this goes some way to answer a few questions about our support. I know some of the replies will still say 'Scouse filth' etc but honestly most of us are decent people, and my mates who went last night said everyone they met in the two days they were there were very welcoming and happy that they were there.

Just not a big issue down here. Liverpool and every English club has a mixed religious support. Yes we have the biggest Orange membership on the mainland outside Glasgow but on the other hand there's the republican element like Glasgow.

But unlike Glasgow both sides of the divide stand next to each other at Anfield and Goodison. Honestly it's not a major problem on Merseyside. We don't really give a %^*&. Last night there were maybe 5 or 6 Irish flags, but there were nearly 3,000 Scousers there so not that big a deal in my eyes though it will be in yours perhaps. And it's obviously done as a wind up which worked to an extent.

The lizzie in a box song though abhorrent to Rangers fans will just be seen as a laugh to LFC fans as there's no blind devotion to royalty here. Again I'm not defending it just trying to explain why some people would join in with it.

The 'ra' song I've never heard in all my 60 years of support but I can't deny it was sung. I don't like it and can only assume it was started by some of our Irish fans and unlikely to ever be heard again if I'm honest. It was definitely just to Gers fans.

Hope this goes some way to answer a few questions about our support. I know some of the replies will still say 'Scouse filth' etc but honestly most of us are decent people, and my mates who went last night said everyone they met in the two days they were there were very welcoming and happy that they were there.
Did they enjoy their March to the stadium with the Celtic mob? Scum

If their fans were signing pro IRA chants then there will be no sympathy from me.
They would obviously have been playing up on the I
Yes bud, its why I'm asking, I know Liverpool has a number of flute bands and a decent orange fraternity (can't all be Everton fans) many of them will attend games and stand side by side with Republicans. For us up here, that's incomprehensible and shudders the thought. Would love to know from a Liverpool fan.
I'm guessing that the IRA stuff has just been turned on against Rangers to try winding us up, and that normally the politics of Ireland don't come into supporting Liverpool, although the Irish influence in the city has probably helped to make it anti-monarchist.

According to Sportsound 30 Gers fans dressed in black with masks got from broomie front up to the rear at full-time and started throwing things into the Liverpool fans.

It was McCann and Thompson saying it
Working for BBC what do you expect anything for a shilling

I'm guessing that the IRA stuff has just been turned on against Rangers to try winding us up, and that normally the politics of Ireland don't come into supporting Liverpool, although the Irish influence in the city has probably helped to make it anti-monarchist.
There is absolutely nothing about that encroaches “winding us up” territory when it comes to backing baby killing scum. Weird weird stance to take. They are a shower of Republican IRA scum. I despise them.

I'm not buying into this whole they were quiet because it wasn't an occasion for them.

Travelling up to Ibrox to play us is an occasion regardless of the gulf between the sides. If the likes of PSG or Bayern came to Ibrox I guarantee they would have a fantastic support. Man U were 10x louder.

Liverpools fans are shite.
Glory hunters mate. Like most of them down here. I’ve taken pelters off these glory hunters all day at work. Not one of them could give you directions to Anfield. Most of them have never been.

Police decided the horses needed exercise before the game too and chased the UB down the Copland and into the stadium. Dunno what that was all about.

Liverpool were one of the worst away supports I've ever seen at Ibrox. Was genuinely taken aback by how quiet they were and absolutely nothing visually, they were absolutely embarrassing. A myth home and away.
Sadly the republican element managed to wave a few of their flags. Bet there won’t be one on display against City at the weekend.

The ira chants were by scousers

I get they might want to wind us up but how thick would you need to be to chant the name of an organization responsible for the murder of women, children, pensioners and animals just for a wind up

So many contradictions here.

1 Liverpol beiing the second city in mainland UK for OO membership.

2 Its not a major problem both religions stand next to each other at the football.

3 The Lizzie song is just a laugh.

4 The RA song is being sung

Take your blinkers off pal,you are being infiltrated by the Paddys,and doing fuk all about it.

Rebshaw St is a no go at weekends,its full of the rats,i have lived in Huyton/Canny Farm for 35 yr if you ever wanr to go for a pint,Irish free. give me a shout.

The spirit of shankly group us run by a ira republican flute band

Scousers singing for the IRA are “scouse filth”
How anyone can stand beside them listening to that and not condoning it are just as bad. Wee Nickla would be well suited as the next Mayor of your city.

I was watching the game offshore last night and the boy sitting next to me said he'd had a text from his mate who was sitting in the Govan which said Liverpool supporters had been fighting among themselves. Theres no word of that anywhere else
There were several skirmishes throughout the day and in the ground. You don’t have to think too hard to work out the cause.

So many contradictions here.

1 Liverpol beiing the second city in mainland UK for OO membership.

2 Its not a major problem both religions stand next to each other at the football.

3 The Lizzie song is just a laugh.

4 The RA song is being sung

Take your blinkers off pal,you are being infiltrated by the Paddys,and doing fuk all about it.

Rebshaw St is a no go at weekends,its full of the rats,i have lived in Huyton/Canny Farm for 35 yr if you ever wanr to go for a pint,Irish free. give me a shout.

Mate I agree. I don’t like the Irishification with all the plastic paddy pubs in town. And I despise the IRA chants but I know they were being used as a wind up for the opponents. Convinced they won’t be heard again. Doesn’t make it right I know.
But you say I/we are doing fuk all about the infiltration
…what do you suggest? I’m too old to start fighting people who have different opinions to me.

There is absolutely nothing about that encroaches “winding us up” territory when it comes to backing baby killing scum. Weird weird stance to take. They are a shower of Republican IRA scum. I despise them.
I don't think there's any doubt that those singing in support of the IRA were doing it to antagonise Rangers fans. AintreeIron has said earlier in the thread that he's never heard an IRA song at a Liverpool game so have to assume it was sung because they were playing Rangers. The video I've seen on this from the Liverpool end sounds like there's only a few nearest to the Rangers boys that are singing it - scumbags no doubt but not many of the Liverpool support in that video.

If there was any sign of vocal support for the IRA happening more regularly at Liverpool games then I would expect it to be shut down quickly, otherwise it would cause division within their support. These kind of chants don't seem to happen in English football anyway so it's not an issue for them.

%^*& Liverpool and their fans. Its a stance I'll take until I drop. I don't care if your family is from there either, makes no difference to my judgement on the bin dipping, benefit scrounging rats that are the Liverpool support.

Hope this helps.
You're an idiot that should understand that Liverpool have a diverse fanbase from all religions and none. I take it that you just ignore the banner that is shown at every Liverpool game,home and away in remembrance of the 97 Hillsborough victims and the 66 Ibrox disaster victims. Or do you just have a hatred for everything Liverpool without having a clue about the city. Certainly like all or most clubs Liverpool have got scumbag fans, we have or own also. Maybe have a think that there are Liverpool fans with links to Rangers also orvis that reasoning beyond your comprehension

You're an idiot that should understand that Liverpool have a diverse fanbase from all religions and none. I take it that you just ignore the banner that is shown at every Liverpool game,home and away in remembrance of the 97 Hillsborough victims and the 66 Ibrox disaster victims. Or do you just have a hatred for everything Liverpool without having a clue about the city. Certainly like all or most clubs Liverpool have got scumbag fans, we have or own also. Maybe have a think that there are Liverpool fans with links to Rangers also orvis that reasoning beyond your comprehension
Fck Liverpool and fck scousers. Enjoy your IRAoke with the bin dipping rats.

Back