Rangers Confirm Michael Beale As Manager

I think this gives us positivity for the rest of the season. Doesn’t look like we can win the league but we can still put pressure on that mob and win a cup competition at least.
And a return to a Rangers side that takes the game to the opposition.

Big mess to fix. Needs to be backed in January and the summer. Failure to do that is accepting second place. Up to the board and Wilson to up their game.

Big shadow to step out from under. Gerrard was the figuredhead of our resurgence. Beale gets credited as being the footballing brain behind the scenes for that, but now the spotlight is firmly fixed on Beale. He has to revel in it.

Not going to lie, he wasn't my first pick but he's got my unwavering support from today onwards. I'm vociferous in my support of an incumbent Rangers manager, loyal to a fault. Onwards and upwards. Nine points isn't insurmountable. Time to turn the heat up.

Last edited:
Like all of us , I hope this appointment is the answer. I will get right behind him but it doesn’t fill me with excitement yet. All this talk about him being the brains behind gerrard. I never accepted that as I just regarded it as a good management and coaching team with them all in it. Well we will see.

I have RTV and clicked on the link came up 404 error, with a caption looks like the ball is stuck in the hedge in Brechin again, wtf is that about?

What are you on about? We meant to just give him till the end of the season and see what happens?
Not a bad idea. Are you 100% confident?
Do you like the club paying out millions in compensation?
Let me remind you,he was the coach when we got beaten by Malmo and had a few bad results just before he left.

More appointments in the coming days according to the Rangers' press release on the website. So maybe see some interesting additions to the backroom staff in addition to his three coaches from QPR.

Who's the guy that was raging about him coming up to here watch a game and taking a pint in the Louden etc.? Be curious to hear his thoughts.

Anyway, all the best to the new gaffer.

Will need all the help he can get.

All my posts criticising the appointment are 100% parked for now. He's the Rangers manager and deserves the full backing of every fan until he gives us a reason otherwise, and I don't mean one bad result.

No big expectations this season, pressure off, all I really want to see is a team with a playing style, our fitness massively improved, and for us to give the scum a proper game of it.

Everything else can come next.

Welcome to the biggest club in the World, Michael.

While you aren’t my first choice to take on the huge responsibility of manager of this football club, I genuinely do hope you work it out here and hope you are a success. After all is said and done, no one person is bigger than this club, managers come and go and we as fans are entitled to opinions and we also expect success. All we ask is that you drive your players on and ensure that they give nothing less than 100% in every match. We all want you to do well, regardless of choices.

Here’s hoping you come good and bring the title home to this wonderful football club!!

Welcome home.

Welcome back Mr Beale. Right behind him now, and we’ve every right too. I remember hearing about him before he joined us first time, the bbc Brazil fitba correspondent used to rant on about him on the Friday South American programme that used to be on.

I’d love to see him just go gung-ho at these b**yards in Scotland.

All my posts criticising the appointment are 100% parked for now. He's the Rangers manager and deserves the full backing of every fan until he gives us a reason otherwise, and I don't mean one bad result.

No big expectations this season, pressure off, all I really want to see is a team with a playing style, our fitness massively improved, and for us to give the scum a proper game of it.

Everything else can come next.
Think this is where most of us stand.

Not a bad idea. Are you 100% confident?
Do you like the club paying out millions in compensation?
Let me remind you,he was the coach when we got beaten by Malmo and had a few bad results just before he left.
A coach but not the main man he’s highlighted before Gerrard made the ultimate decisions.

I said he should've been offered the position when Gerrard left for Villa.
I really hope he's a success, I just worry we're too much of a mess on and off the park for him to do that now a year down the line.

Never one to get excited by interviews but as a football coach myself, I’m very much looking forward to this new chapter. Interesting point was he looks forward to making training exciting and interesting for the players. Such a huge thing to get the best out your players and I think we’re in very good hands.

Will get every support from us all.

Another four year contract - wonder if we will ever learn. Should have been two years with two year option.

Exposed again if it doesnt work
Clearly doesn’t work like that. There will be 6 monthly/annual intervals with specific water falling amounts. It’s why we waited a year and a day to sack Gio.

Folk assuming you just pay up a whole contract are living in the dark ages.

Congratulations to him. I wish him well and hope it goes well despite being dubious.

However, I will play devil’s advocate here and say this appointment goes well despite being skeptical:

This was also an option available 1 year ago but would’ve cost £6m less (if we are to believe the figures reported). £4.5m less to sack Gio and £1.5m less in compensation to QPR.

Surely that is a failure by the DoF, Ross Wilson? At best, £6m wasted and a year of stagnation.

Back