Rangers Confirm Michael Beale As Manager

There’s determination in those eyes of his. He spoke very confidently.

Exciting times ahead and fantastic he has a few weeks time to get his ideas across.

He’s here to win!
You reading between the lines a bit:)

I'm not sure I've ever heard one word used so often in one interview. It certainly sounds like he knows and embraces the expectation.

Wonder if Keith Jackson would care to list the folk who were glad to see the back of him because it all looked pretty touchy feely this morning. I don't believe, as I've said, that the players were trying to get shot of Gio but they looked genuinely excited to see Beale again. He seems to have energised the place and it's good to see him out on the training pitch with his guys as well even before the announcement.

Welcome back Mr Beale!

I personally think this is a great appointment. I doubt the usual naysayers in the media will be rubbishing him but those days of being down 3-0 at half time in old firm games are over.

Thought he spoke with great conviction in his interview too.

The RTV interview was good, although I always enjoyed listening to Beale talk on podcasts when he was here last time. Talk of having to win every game and with style and having some variety is what we want to hear. Got to hope now he can deliver that.

Hes getting backed with money 100%. Such an odd thing to put into a manager announcement that the sporting director and manager will be supported to make it a success. Might as well have said their going to splash the cash a bit.

Watched the interview

Empathise on attitude and getting heads right which points to people not trying Uber gio which was fairly obvious

These players need to be got rid of asap

Points to winning and winning with style entertaining thr fans

Let’s see it looking forward to it
If that imposter Roofe suddenly regains fitness in a miracle recovery then serious questions need asked about his attitude. Guys like him did GVB no favours whatsoever.

Hes getting backed with money 100%. Such an odd thing to put into a manager announcement that the sporting director and manager will be supported to make it a success. Might as well have said their going to splash the cash a bit.
Agree. There is no way they cant back him now. Beale will have sought assurances as well.

All I will say is that I can clearly remember when Souness left and an unknown Walter Smith was appointed. I felt more than a bit underwhelmed. How wrong was I.

So, I’ll give him time to prove himself. Who knows how good he’ll be, but he’ll get my 100% backing as every Rangers manager does from me.

Best of British to you, gaffer. Make us all proud.

Must admit, it’s pretty funny people getting annoyed when he is called ‘mick’ lol. The actual name he likes to be referred as.

Ive got a real good feeling now about this appointment after the interview

Welcome sir.

Hope it turns out a roaring success.

Look at this comment from RW on the article though:

“Finally, this is a coveted managerial position and after an intense week of discussions, I wish to extend our sincere thanks to all of the excellent managers who we met to discuss the role.”

The part in bold is clearly a lie, isn’t it? :)) Lucky if they spoke to 2.
Be fair. I'm pretty sure they spoke to Michael Beale, Mick Beale and Mr M Beale. Let's hope he does a great job.

How long is a piece of string?

I’m sure the board felt Gerrard and Gio were backed too.

Still remarkable to me that we’ve only had 18 permanent managers.

All the best mick.
10 of them in the last 40 years as well. It’s all relative to the period they managed in though. Managers don’t last that long these days. They either succeed and move on (to the big money leagues) or fail and go quickly.

Still remarkable though.

If you believe there is a lack of money to spend and a squad that needs ripped up who would be your choice? I can't think of anyone who could succeed under those circumstances. I think the current squad need shaken up rather than ripped up. I am much more positive about Beale and his staff than I was with the latter stages of the last management team.
I believe it because it's true. We did not spend much in the summer or the previous two winodws. And yes I think that many of the sqaud should be allowed to go or sold if possible. It's actually quite a few needing trimmed if you look at it due to age, injury history or just not performing. I dont have a name for you but given everything I have just said I dont think it's a job for a rookie manager.

As was said on H&H, it's probably the sensible option. Still want to see the back of Wilson though, I just don't think he's up to it and obviously that role is very much tied to the manager being successful or not.

Underwhelmed to be honest, lazy board and exposes yhe nonsense of Wilson as director of football.

Hoped we would get away from the King George the 5th coaching manual of pass, pass, give it back to the goalie.

I can only Hope to be surprised

If he has strong management skills or can develop them quickly he has the footballing part down pat. He could become a very good manager

Wasn't my first pick but will certainly get behind him and hope for success
Welcome home Mr Beale

What is it they say? Once a Ranger…

I would like to see Beale’s apparent tactical acumen bring a more stable and expansive style of play for Rangers, along the lines of the best period under Gerrard. Appointment of the assistant manager could also be key.

After listening to our new manager, his interview was a complete breath of fresh air from lautenibg to Gio.

Hope he can get us going, roll on the 15th

If he has strong management skills or can develop them quickly he has the footballing part down pat. He could become a very good manager

Wasn't my first pick but will certainly get behind him and hope for success
Welcome home Mr Beale
He will be coming back as a familiar face for many of your squad but also they will already know the standards he will expect. Beale seemed to fully grasp what it meant to be a part of Rangers. He has a lot of work to do but I feel he wouldn’t be getting a four year deal if he didn’t give off the aura that he believes he has what it takes.

Back