Fan Survey on moving UB

Survey completed and all answers supporting the UB move.

As a sample size from this thread, I can genuinely see about a 50/50 split with this.
Well done sir . Hopefully 50/50 is enough to show the club it’s well worth doing. There’s around 800 seats in the section, would mean only 400 wanting a move/swap. Easy peasy

Hope they get their move, well deserved. Some of the tifos in recent years have been tremendous, especially the Walter Smith one which was done in such a short space of time, the match day atmosphere is toxic and BF1 is a poor section for them.

Hardly surprising to see the usual bangers in here slagging them off.

Well done sir . Hopefully 50/50 is enough to show the club it’s well worth doing. There’s around 800 seats in the section, would mean only 400 wanting a move/swap. Easy peasy
What about large groups I'm bf2 like you we will be impacted by this .12 of us towards the rear as goods eats as you can get have we just to be split up and accept poorer seats for the"greater good".

Hypothetically, any season ticket holder consulted who already sits centrally in the broomloan, I assume they have the option of saying they agree but want to remain and be part of any change?

Or is it a case of accommodating UB over other fans first and foremost?

Front and centre please!

But my only caveat is that the UB's own the songbook.

"For the Army and the Navy and the RAF", would be a start. Jimmy Sands is finally forgotten (fucked or not), we're no longer coming down any road and the Billy Boys is finally consigned to the past.

We learn and sing the proper words of The Cry and The Sash is sung without any fear of the infamous add-on.

And they continue to come up with the great new songs, which they've proven they can do.

On that basis, the Broomie Front is your lobster.

What about people who want to remain in BF3, would they be expected to join the UB and comply with the dress code and phone rule? If so, it’s likely all 800 that would need moved, making it less easy peasy

Hypothetically, any season ticket holder consulted who already sits centrally in the broomloan, I assume they have the option of saying they agree but want to remain and be part of any change?

Or is it a case of accommodating UB over other fans first and foremost?
The way the question is designed, I read it as if you wanted to stay and be apart of it you’d remain

However I don’t even know how that would work in practice. Say 70% of BF2/3 section said they wanted to stay and be apart of it, are UB going to be scattered about? I don’t think so.

I think the plan would be UB would get front 8 rows, anyone wanting to stay in the section in those rows would get accommodated in the section but further back in a better seat?

Front and centre please!

"For the Army and the Navy and the RAF", would be a start. Jimmy Sands is finally forgotten (fucked or not), we're no longer coming down any road and the Billy Boys is finally consigned to the past.

We learn and sing the proper words of The Cry and The Sash is sung without any fear of the infamous add-on.

And they continue to come up with the great new songs, which they've proven they can do.

Can we still sing Pope John Paul wears half a baw though? It’s a right toe tapper.

It’s easy to say it’s for the greater good too when you aren’t affected.

In reality some will be paying their money and be shifted to a vastly inferior seat. What if there are families that are grouped together that can’t be sat next to each other and split up?
Having BF1 as a blank canvas would make it easier for family/friends to get seats together at Ibrox and allow for a rejigging of seats

That’s one of the positives actually

The way the question is designed, I read it as if you wanted to stay and be apart of it you’d remain

However I don’t even know how that would work in practice. Say 70% of BF2/3 section said they wanted to stay and be apart of it, are UB going to be scattered about? I don’t think so.

I think the plan would be UB would get front 8 rows, anyone wanting to stay in the section in those rows would get accommodated in the section but further back in a better seat?
That’s why I asked mate as by asking you could create a problem depending on the response.

Having BF1 as a blank canvas would make it easier for family/friends to get seats together at Ibrox and allow for a rejigging of seats

That’s one of the positives actually
Hopefully seats replaced if they haven’t already

Seen them after Lyon game from memory and they looked an absolute riot :D

I think all this chat is academic anyway. This will be nothing more than a pretend consultation to say the did it before they will completely ignore the outcome (if its in favour) and do nothing.

If it’s a small % of BF3 ST holders that are completely against the idea, with a sizeable majority happy to move to relocate I think the club will move all and deal with the backlash from a small %

If it’s a sizeable majority of those in BF3 completely against it and not wanting to move, I think that’ll be the clubs ready made excuse not to do what you’ve suggested

One thing that needs considered is what if all those in BF3 say they support the idea but they wish to remain in their seat to take part? What happens then

The UB’s will likely try and force them out on a match day. Usual cries of folk being ‘Rangers Da’s’ or “the that’s my seat brigade”.

I’ve been in bf3 for over 6 seasons now and I’ve always said I’d happily move to accommodate the bears. I think what they do for the club is brilliant and the fact they’ve had to fight for this move for so long now is pretty crap from the club.

Let’s hope they get it in place for next season

The UB’s will likely try and force them out on a match day. Usual cries of folk being ‘Rangers Da’s’ or “the my seat brigade”.
That wouldn’t fly if it was actual ST seats at Ibrox though, no way.

That would be a quick way to getting the whole thing caned

You’d hope so mate but I wouldn’t be certain. No way they would accept being scattered.
Which is why I think the club would take the easier option of having around 8-10 rows cleared for them at the front and then sort out moving existing ST holders in those seats elsewhere

I’ve been in bf3 for over 6 seasons now and I’ve always said I’d happily move to accommodate the bears. I think what they do for the club is brilliant and the fact they’ve had to fight for this move for so long now is pretty crap from the club.

Let’s hope they get it in place for next season
You manage to fill out survey mate?

Which is why I think the club would take the easier option of having around 8-10 rows cleared for them at the front and then sort out moving existing ST holders in those seats elsewhere
If all 8 rows of fans agree, and those replaced were given seats with those they attend with and if flags were gotten to deck during the match then I would be fine with it.

If all 8 rows of fans agree, and those replaced were given seats with those they attend with and if flags were gotten to deck during the match then I would be fine with it.
Hypothetically speaking, if say 50% of those rows agreed to move, I think all would be moved

If say 10% wished to stay put then you’d hope they’d get accommodated. All hypotheticals but you’d think the club will have figures in mind if acceptable cut offs etc for decisions

Flags can be flown pre match, halftime, then moved down to the very front during game.

People making a mountain out of a molehill. During games scarves can be twirled etc. bloody hell only Rangers fans could find something to moan about when a bit of positive news comes out. The stadium is crying out for this move and has been for years
They don't do that any game. They had the flags going for full game versus QOS in cup. You could barely see anything at times. Kids couldn't see anything practically the full game. Forgive us for not jumping for joy after paying over 500 for a ST to potentially have our main view be flags.

Last edited:
There will be plenty within the Central sections who will object to it. The "that's my seat" brigade.

Reality is the club just don't have the spine to say, your being transferred. Take it or leave it. Which I don't get as the club don't give a %^*& at the best of times.

Likewise we only rent the seats. The club can pick n choose what they do with them.

I’ve filled out the survey in favour of the move but I’d need to see the fine details before signing up to a move. Currently, I have a great seat in the back row of BF4, if it was just agreeing to a blind swap then I might not be too keen on a move. I could end up in the front row of BF1 with an absolutely hoaching view.

I'm hopeful for the move and I'm supportive of it despite me being in the Govan Front. Anyone from BF3 who doesn't vote in favour will be forced to watch a re-run of the Liverpool game.

They don't do that any game. They had the flags going for full game versus QOS in cup. You could barely see anything at times. Kids couldn't ses anything practically the full game. Forgive us for not jumping for joy after paying over 500 for a ST to potentially have our main view be flags.
That was such a pain in the arse. No idea why people prioritise flags over watching the football on the par. Or why they think its for them to expect others to he happy with that.

Front and centre please!

Away you bolt rocket ass

I’ve filled out the survey in favour of the move but I’d need to see the fine details before signing up to a move. Currently, I have a great seat in the back row of BF4, if it was just agreeing to a blind swap then I might not be too keen on a move. I could end up in the front row of BF1 with an absolutely hoaching view.
Likewise, some of us do actually go to watch the football. Bad enough moving at European games and for those that are saying it is just a seat, well not if you have have selected that particular seat and had it for a number of years. If it happens then compromise has to be made about the flag issue.

As with everything, most peoples views on this will vary depending on whether it directly affects them or not. It’s easy to say just do it for the greater good if you’re not the one being asked to give up your seat. I’m GF4 so I think it’s a great idea- but if you asked me to move from GF4 to BF1 then my answer would probably be different

They don't do that any game. They had the flags going for full game versus QOS in cup. You could barely see anything at times. Kids couldn't ses anything practically the full game. Forgive us for not jumping for joy after paying over 500 for a ST to potentially have our main view be flags.
I don’t think anybody will be forced into a move mate.

What about people who want to remain in BF3, would they be expected to join the UB and comply with the dress code and phone rule? If so, it’s likely all 800 that would need moved, making it less easy peasy
There are nowhere near 800 Union bears. I bet it’s not even half that. Those who want can stay and join in, those who don’t can accept the offer of a seat move. I don’t understand why people are moaning at this stage.

Like clockwork! The week before the AGM!

This time next week, nobody at the club with give a fück. Repeat same time next year.

Back