Fan Survey on moving UB

BMG is an utter dirge.

Used to enjoy it a good 10 years ago or so. Now it seems to be the go to song started by the UB before every European game a good 10 minutes before KO. Every game it’s fizzled out after a couple of minutes then picks up again just before the teams come out.

Pish song that’s had it’s day.

Same with coming down the road. Cringeworthy pish.

And no I’m not a handringer or a yesser etc.

Your the one who comes onto every UB thread and slates the loyalists songs.
I back the Union bears and always have done.

Part of being a good Protestant is encouraging free and critical thinking. I’m not a sheep, I don’t like songs that mention the IRA, building gallows and Bobby fckin Sands when I’m watching Rangers. You calling me a poet seems to be a child like response because I said something you don’t agree with. Another poster claimed it means I’m not a unionist or a Protestant :rolleyes:. What a crock of shit.

I know many bears who feel the same. Some on this thread have said they join in for the hell of it but despise the song.

At the end of the day it’s a separate issue than what the thread is about so I’m out, I don’t want the thread derailed.

I hope and I believe the Union bears will get the move this time and it’s not before time in my opinion.

We are in BF3 and sing every game and will be staying put. All for moving the UB but want them to ditch this obsession with ultras and trying to be something from Italy or Greece.

A boy found Ibrox boring in 1996 when we were at our probably best of all time. Yeah thats just a lie isnt it.

Also move the UB to the centre, makes perfect sense.
Only if the people who it will effect most agree with being shifted. They would actually be better moved to the corner of the Govan and the Copland imo

I sit with my family and friends in the front few rows of BR3 and the Broomloan goal area was obstructed the entire game against Qots. Lots of complaints made that night. I know quite a few families around us complained to the club after the game
Did they complain about the sweetie rustling as well? The noise from that can be horrendous.

Dangerous precedent being set if people are moved for a fans group, especially when someone who is currently in the seat hasn’t got the opportunity to join the group. Would it not make sense to put them in the current away end and move away fans to the crap seats in the enclosure
This ^ we get the shitiest seats at the piggery, out of sight from the cameras. So we should do the same with the away fans, get them tucked away in the enclosure, out of sight and not to be seen on the tele. Folk will say it can’t be done for security, well the club should bend over backwards to make sure it can be done.
And while they’re at it, let the UBs sit where they want and make the BF a standing section.
Hope am no asking for too much

Threads like these really show the level of disgust and disdain some people have the loyalist/unionist Protestant working class. Sad really.
I think its more a case of many not being bothered by these things nowadays mate and equating going to Ibrox to watch Rangers and not bothering about the other stuff.

Amazed this has 13 pages and counting.
The majority commenting don't even seem to sit in the BF either.

The BF ST holders are the one's that will decide and as it's a majority decision, whatever is decided will be the right decision.
Hopefully the vote carries a good majority, whatever way it goes.

As I don't sit in the Broomloan, I don't really care either way.

My tuppence worth, a drum banging for 90 mins and a siren going off isn’t adding to any atmosphere…quite the opposite infact. Please get rid of them.

The BF ST holders are the one's that will decide and as it's a majority decision, whatever is decided will be the right decision.

It affects BR as well so surely season ticket holders there should be consulted?

My tuppence worth, a drum banging for 90 mins and a siren going off isn’t adding to any atmosphere…quite the opposite infact. Please get rid of them.
The siren is an excellent addition. For me it takes me back to a trip to Belgrade , and reminds me of hostile Eastern European atmospheres. It frightens opposition players as well. People need to move away from the library mindset.

The good thing is I reckon Beale knows the script on how important it is to generate atmosphere and bond between fans and players and staff.

I said earlier I wouldn’t be surprised one bit of MB is the one who has asked for the Union bears to be moved to a more central position. It’s a bit of a coincidence the email is sent out a few days after his appointment.

The siren is an excellent addition. For me it takes me back to a trip to Belgrade , and reminds me of hostile Eastern European atmospheres. It frightens opposition players as well. People need to move away from the library mindset.

The good thing is I reckon Beale knows the script on how important it is to generate atmosphere and bond between fans and players and staff.

I said earlier I wouldn’t be surprised one bit of MB is the one who has asked for the Union bears to be moved to a more central position. It’s a bit of a coincidence the email is sent out a few days after his appointment.
I’d rather shoot myself than attend Belgrade again. Makes some places in Falkirk look like Hollywood

You’d think we had a full song dedicated to Bobby Sands, it’s one throw away add on which isn’t even part of Fathers advice the idea we sing about him more than Celtic is just weird and wrong
No one would remember him if it wasn't for our songs.

Despite the murals, memorial parades, songs, memorial gardens, GB banners....

It's a nonsense.

The threads basically turned into people who don’t like the UB and people who do throwing petty digs at each other mate.

I’m the same as yourself as I’m in GF it really doesn’t affect me but interested to see how it goes, know some that have voted for it and others who haven’t

A wee trip into the Falls or Londonderry you’ll quickly see the arsehole being celebrated for starving himself to death and smearing himself in shite.
Even more reason to never hear his name sung again at Ibrox. He gets a mention at least twice in every single game we play. Weird.

The threads basically turned into people who don’t like the UB and people who do throwing petty digs at each other mate.

I’m the same as yourself as I’m in GF it really doesn’t affect me but interested to see how it goes, know some that have voted for it and others who haven’t

I know 3 who have voted against it, but I'm more interested in what way our mutual friend @Neilston Unionist decides to vote.
B-D

Main issue is with the large flags constantly being flown. Qots cup game when they were in BF3 caused a lot of complaints from season ticket holders around me in the front of BR3.
Hardly ideal when the BR is the family section.

Yep, good point.

They can be a right pain in the arse at away games too.

No idea why they feel the need to wave the flags for the whole game anyway.

I think its more a case of many not being bothered by these things nowadays mate and equating going to Ibrox to watch Rangers and not bothering about the other stuff.
If folks weren’t bothered by it they would join in and go home, or not join in and go home. They wouldn’t be so aggressively against our own fans.

If folks weren’t bothered by it they would join in and go home, or not join in and go home. They wouldn’t be so aggressively against our own fans.
Not sure mate. Its just indifference for me. Im not bothered about the protestant history bit, despite being one. Just go to the games and watch the team.

Not sure mate. It’s just indifference for me. Im not bothered about the protestant history bit, despite being one. Just go to the games and watch the team.
I am not religious at all mate, but I respect my fellow bears who are. I also respect the fact our support comes from largely working class unionist backgrounds and that’s not something I will ever apologise for.

I am not religious at all mate, but I respect my fellow bears who are. I also respect the fact our support comes from largely working class unionist backgrounds and that’s not something I will ever apologise for.
Nor should you have to mate. I think the respect to fellow bear’s point is good. Its why the UB would need to compromise if they were to get moved. No flags during the game etc. Personally, id rather someone respected my right/desire to watch the game than what religion i am. Like you though, im not a religious guy either bud.

Nor should you have to mate. I think the respect to fellow bear’s point is good. Its why the UB would need to compromise if they were to get moved. No flags during the game etc. Personally, id rather someone respected my right/desire to watch the game than what religion i am. Like you though, im not a religious guy either bud.
The flag waving in their own section I can sort of make a case for because you know what you are getting if you buy a seat there. It at away games etc it’s a pain in the arse.

The flag waving in their own section I can sort of make a case for because you know what you are getting if you buy a seat there. It at away games etc it’s a pain in the arse.
As it currently stands, aye. But if moved to behind the goals it would have much more of an impact, like it does at away games. Its a nightmare.

Latest posts

Back