What was your lowest point on "The Journey" back up the Leagues

For me was losing 2-1 (aet) away to Forfar in the League Cup 1st Round on 3rd August 2013 at the start of the 13/14 season.

A horrible performance and result, coupled with no end in sight to the off field turmoil.

I really wondered at that time if we would ever get back to winning the Premiership again.
The whole 14/15 season.

TBH none of my low moments were on the field. I always believed that we would get back to the top league again, I expected us to be in the 1st div/championship for 2 seasons, dont know why just felt it would happen that way. Not to say Motherwell playoff didnt hurt.

Up until King and the Three Bears got control it was low, IIRC the stock exchange posted updates at 7am if there was anything to be released, felt like every morning up for work and checking this to see how Ashley had managed to inveigle his way deeper into our club.

Cowdenbeath, pissing down on a miserable Wednesday night. Think we drew, but f*ck knows.

Think I got home back of two in the morning, up for work less than five hours later.

Genuinely remember thinking I'd had enough. Just a total low.

In terms of how I felt during the time I began travelling to that game and the time I got home I was constantly thinking what the hell I was doing.

I went to that game myself and it was a shit night.

Driving home I thought about my first Rangers match and all the great times after. I made myself believe these days would come again.

The Ramsdens cup final v Raith. To say things were heated leaving the game was an understatement. We were utterly pathetic and that was the day that even the most stubborn of McCoist’s fans snapped.

Losing at home to Annan Athletic ranks pretty high, also.
The two that stick out for me also. Horrendous looking back.

It wasn’t a game for me, it was the AGM in the tent on the pitch, just remember feeling so helpless watching our club being killed from within and there wasn’t a single thing we could do about it, i genuinely feared for us after that

The period just before the good guys took over. Struggling in the championship and it felt as if there was no hope that the off field situation would improve. I genuinely thought we'd be lucky to have a club at the seasons end I'd change didn't happen.
I remember around that time thinking that we (the fans) may need to start an FC United type club just to get away from the SPIVS.

For me it was worse than anything happened on the pitch.

The Ramsdens Cup final 2014 at Easter Road.

Humiliating!!
That was a cracking day out until the football started. We were near the away end and some dick was giving us pelters when the final whistle went and I bit.
Told him he was fat bastard and that I would be waiting for him in the car park. He spotted me and actually looked quite worried before my brother huckled me out.

*Narrator: Blue Lew couldn’t fight sleep…

TBH none of my low moments were on the field. I always believed that we would get back to the top league again, I expected us to be in the 1st div/championship for 2 seasons, dont know why just felt it would happen that way. Not to say Motherwell playoff didnt hurt.

Up until King and the Three Bears got control it was low, IIRC the stock exchange posted updates at 7am if there was anything to be released, felt like every morning up for work and checking this to see how Ashley had managed to inveigle his way deeper into our club.
I must admit I knew we would be finally OK and on the right track when Dave King gained control.

There was quite a few,sadly.
Awful cup tie at home drawing 1-1 with Albion Rovers.
0-0 away at Cowdenbeath as mentioned above,just about left you speechless.
Ramsdens Final v Raith,brilliant support that day but utterly dreadful performance.
Losing 3-2 away at Alloa in the challenge cup after being up two up with less than 20 minutes left,felt like greeting walking out of the ground,everyone was just stunned.
:(

Was at all them and you're right, they were grim.

Most weeks the football was absolutely desperate, but the camaraderie with my mates and family at the games made it all worthwhile.

It was that day. I thought we were done.

Check the related content.

I genuinely believe that night was a turning point. The Spivs were left in no doubt they were not wanted at Ibrox. Despite the snow, things were very heated that night.

The only saving grace of that period was the weekly CRO pod that was doing a great job highlighting everything the spivs were up to

You used to get some laughs on there. The Neil Lennon dot com episode remains a personal highlight.

I must admit I knew we would be finally OK and on the right track when Dave King gained control.

Agreed, we needed a street fighter at the time, that didnt mind getting dirty. I still see the facebook memories from the time and reminds me that we were close to the edge.

If the £5m had been drawn down we were fuked.

The “journey” was bleak at times but for me the lowest point was when we were in the premiership and Celtic won the league by scoring 5 and our keeper was man of the match. A week later we announced Gerrard and the rest is history.

I can never really criticise Gerrard due to the lift he gave us after that.

Was at all them and you're right, they were grim.

Most weeks the football was absolutely desperate, but the camaraderie with my mates and family at the games made it all worthwhile.
Absolutely 100%,the camaraderie of the “Rangers“ family on the bus on these days was priceless.

Losing to Stirling Albion away 2012-13,They were bottom of the bottom league, and i thought that must have been the worst League result in our history. By the time we reached October 2012 it was clear this was going to be no joy ride.

The scottish cup game under gerrard is up there as one of the coldest nights i think i have ever had at a game
Was Baltic

Raith final, Alloa drawing with Stirling Albion everything off field.

This is fun wore off after about two weeks when the realisation of how long we had to get back set in

Alloa or the Challenge cup final. Both were sickening.

Losing the league cup semi to Motherwell, think it was our first year back in top league so won't technically count, was also a sickener

For me was losing 2-1 (aet) away to Forfar in the League Cup 1st Round on 3rd August 2013 at the start of the 13/14 season.

A horrible performance and result, coupled with no end in sight to the off field turmoil.

I really wondered at that time if we would ever get back to winning the Premiership again.
4-0 v Celtic in the cup , nothing else comes close

Alloa away in the cup 0-2 up
This seems to be a very common (unsurprisingly common) response in this thread.

I wasn't actually at that game but listened to updates on the radio from my sick bed at my parents house. I was going through a major health scare at the time ( thankfully I recovered) and this result just compounded my utter misery.

Thank christ things improved !!

Back