What was your lowest point on "The Journey" back up the Leagues

Are some people brainless? This journey shite and such threads are a timmy wank fest.
Its in the past let it be.
I've contributed to this thread and personally, those scumbags are the last thing on my mind.

Can't understand why every waking thought of some posters on here revolves around them.

And we call them obsessed?

And you're calling me brainless? have a think about the motivation for your own chain of thought please

Fill yer boots m8.
Well just exactly that - there were a few nights where it felt like things might go against us the next day and we'd have no place in the (any) league and the vultures were circling. The uncertainty was torture at times.

Realistically felt like we could genuinely go out the game entirely at points.

I was at my mums the day we won 55 and may have shed a wee tear at the fact we'd finally returned to the summit of our game. She didn't get it to start with, as we'd always won leagues, doubles, trebles when I stayed at home and I just celebrated and went out with my mates - totally took it for granted then.

I had to explain the whole Journey thing to her and what it meant to be back. Still not sure she entirely understood why her 44 year old son was bubbling on her couch stone cold sober on a Saturday afternoon.

Last edited:
Done the Founder Trail week before shit hit the fan.
Sat in press room watching a video with my ex wife.
Two women sat next to me in tears..
And me.

Lived in Stirling at the time, walked to Forthbank and we lost 1-0 to Stirling Albion. Don’t mind admitting walking back to my flat quite upset and very low, wondering if we’d ever really recover. It was a horrible time.

Motherwell was bad but the pastings we took off Celtic when we were back in the top leagues were harder for me as I half accepted where we were when we were making our way back up the leagues.

As I said the players were a disgrace that day. The earliest I’ve ever left a match as they didn’t give a toss and the manager was clueless.
Lost 5-0 shortly after it which won them the league. Amazingly stayed to end at both if anything to shout abuse at the team for just giving up

Rather in challenge cup final was grim,
First game I took my boys to a 1-1 draw at Ibrox v Elgin, lucky they went back!
I think all the OF tankings were the worst as it was hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel.
Just changed different when Gerrard arrived.

A few already mentioned, but the big one for me was the Hibs cup final. Really hit home, despite beating Celtic in the semi, that we had a long, long way to go.

On the field the Motherwell play-off.

Off the field Ashley taking control of the club logos and trademarks. At that point I thought there was no way out for us.

Funniest moment, going into the ground in one of the games, Annan I think, I said to my pal “who are we playing today?” “%^*& Knows!!” He replied , which perfectly summed the times up for me.

Last edited:
I genuinely believe that night was a turning point. The Spivs were left in no doubt they were not wanted at Ibrox. Despite the snow, things were very heated that night.

I guess we'll never know but it could have been that night the spivs got jittery. Sure it was very soon after King got shares off one of the hedge funds.

the joey barton game would be up there for me. obviously we were no longer coming "back up the leagues" by this point but that season was definitely still part of "The Journey". in fact I'd say that season was the biggest sickener of the lot for me.

I've contributed to this thread and personally, those scumbags are the last thing on my mind.

Can't understand why every waking thought of some posters on here revolves around them.

And we call them obsessed?

And you're calling me brainless? have a think about the motivation for your own chain of thought please
That period and what we went through broke me as a football supporter however not as a Rangers supporter , those times were sickening.
Still looking back it was a good old laugh eh, why take it seriously.

As I said the players were a disgrace that day. The earliest I’ve ever left a match as they didn’t give a toss and the manager was clueless.
It was the most heartless performance by any Rangers team I have witnessed in 50 odd years going to games, the fact the clown of a manager embarrassed about the only Rangers fan in the team by taking him off seconds before half time should have him marched out the door.

The same manager who then slammed his Captain and the main goal scorer for showing disgust at the players is also unforgettable and meant both players never really got to say a proper farewell after decade plus of service between them . They did what we all would have done after watching them hide and lie down to Celtic

Definitely that 2014 Challenge Cup final disgrace and Ally's last game when we were 2-0 up against our fucking bogey team ALLOA with 20 mins to go only to lose 3-2. That was chronic.

The physical game of football aside.
For me, it was the media, social media, the uncertainty, the lies, the sheer hatred from every corner of Scotland's sporting world and the social world of just Scottish people showed their true colours in their contempt of us and that is something I will never forget or forgive.

Motherwell. Cammy Bell. Grim.

Who knows, maybe for the best though another year in the Championship and Warburton bringing up Tav etc.

Cheery thread, OP :D

In the long run it was probably the best thing for us.

I like McCall but I'm not convinced he'd have saw the following season out as Rangers manager had we won promotion.

I know Pereira was being touted but I'm convinced he'd have lasted less time than Pedro!

My Facebook memories from the period are telling. Very rarely do I mention the actual football. That was bleak but it wasn't the big picture. The big picture was way more important.

The amount of absolute rants I have about the board is utterly depressing. The boycott was hard but necessary. It was horrific.

I have listened to the brilliant H&H series 'Ally's Adventures' and, although heartbreaking, it really centres you and makes you appreciate that the debate about Matondo being shite and Morelos being unfit actually aren't that bad in comparison.

Elgin City being greedy and printing way more tickets than capacity which meant a super Saturday away game cancelled to a cold Wednesday night

the joey barton game would be up there for me. obviously we were no longer coming "back up the leagues" by this point but that season was definitely still part of "The Journey". in fact I'd say that season was the biggest sickener of the lot for me.
Some of my lowest points were when we were back up, the cup final again them was a really hard one to take, I was totally gutted and flat after that

too many

Getting walked over by the scum when we returned convinced me we wasnt winning again. I was more angry than upset if anything because of half arsed players

The final in the lower leagues. Soul destroying.

And the loss against dundee united in the cup

weve been through it all and stuck together and we are back

Back