What was your lowest point on "The Journey" back up the Leagues

Surprised the Hibs cup final isn't mentioned more. One of the hardest losses to accept that one, felt like it ruined what was a good season in the league with us getting promoted.

The attacks on our players which Police and government turned a blind eye to really hacked me off. Plus they had to end there 100 year + hoodoo against us ffs.

Motherwell playoff was atrocious too.

too many

Getting walked over by the scum when we returned convinced me we wasnt winning again. I was more angry than upset if anything because of half arsed players

The final in the lower leagues. Soul destroying.

And the loss against dundee united in the cup

weve been through it all and stuck together and we are back
Not sure if it's the same Dundee Cup game your talking about but the game at Ibrox was a bad one, i skipped school to queue at Ibrox to get my ticket for it as did many thousand and to get the pathetic performance the team gave us that day was embarrassing

Losing at home to Annan genuinely thought on the way home, that’s me done until my old man said get a grip, this is bigger than your feelings

Raith Rovers in that final, was over in Benidorm blitzed in the Ibrox bar, went take ET thinking nooooo, just wanted to get to my bed.
Stumble and I mean stumble down to out hotel, my mate who is a Tim who I room with every year in bed pished also, asks the score, we won 3-1 I said, crashed on my bed.
About 2-3 hours later wife phoned asking how I was, I say” feckin Shyte imagine getting beat by them” mate hears it, start laughing and mocking like feck, a bad night ensued.

Just seeing the rats that were going in the front door at Ibrox and holding power over our club. It was awful. And some fans not listening when you warned them they were all rats with no love for Rangers
Was depressing
We’re climbing back every year now though
Let’s never sell to folk we don’t trust

Motherwell away in the playoffs.

Even the Celtic game at Hampden when Thumb and Commons scored didn't make me feel as low as that game did.

I'd went from hopeful at the kickoff, to rage after that fanny hit McCulloch with the flag holder, to just rock bottom as we were absolutely humiliated. Cammy Bell compounded the whole day.

A single game or incident, probably the Motherwell play-off. All the circumstances of that season, with traditional SPL clubs like Hibs and Hearts being in the Championship with us, conspired to send a massive wake-up call that we weren't going to coast back to the top. Getting back among SPL clubs would only be half the battle, and at least in the short term many of the traditional also-rans would enjoy a residual advantage over us while we sorted ourselves out on and off the pitch. We would have to fight to put them in their place, and we just weren't good enough yet. The Motherwell play-off was just the final nail in that particular coffin.

As a general feature of "the journey" though, the absolute fucking worst thing was the sneering of scum fans (and arsehole fans of other clubs), all the shit they talked just got so boring but we had so little to stick it to them until Gerrard came in. I generally maintained a dignified silence, knowing that their words would come back to haunt them and our day would come ... eventually.

The play off final was a right downer. Even though if we went up with that squad, and probably with McCall as manager we’d of got skudded worse than we did under MW.

Personally though, there was a game in that first championship season where it was freezing cold. Arrived late, missed first goal. Left early, missed second. Probably the only time other than being 3-0 down to hibs in that lower league period I left a game earlier than 85 mins

Surprised the Hibs cup final isn't mentioned more. One of the hardest losses to accept that one, felt like it ruined what was a good season in the league with us getting promoted.

The attacks on our players which Police and government turned a blind eye to really hacked me off. Plus they had to end there 100 year + hoodoo against us ffs.

Motherwell playoff was atrocious too.

This.

I walked right out of Hampden when they scored the winner so missed all the chaos.

0-0 v Stirling Albion. I walked home thinking there was no way back. To think 9 years later we'd make a European final.

A lot of it.

Alloa was fucking embarrassing.

The spivs were the worst of cunts.

And signing a load of shite and overpaying them instead of promising youngsters was farcical.

The death throes of the McCoist era. Categorically shite across the board, all of it. Looking back, probably losing the Ramsdens Cup final to Raith at Easter Road, if I had to pick the lowest moment.

The false dawns under Warbs hurt a lot but things at least felt normal off the pitch again, barring the odd gaffe such as the McInnes Saga and the appointment of Pedro.

Kevin Kyle’s first touch in a Rangers jersey flew over my head, and almost into the police cctv area behind the dugouts. At that point, I knew #thisisntfun.

He had nice tits, though.

Kevin Kyle’s first touch in a Rangers jersey flew over my head, and almost into the police cctv area behind the dugouts. At that point, I knew #thisisntfun.

He had nice tits, though.

Smashing blouse to go with them ?

Not sure if it's the same Dundee Cup game your talking about but the game at Ibrox was a bad one, i skipped school to queue at Ibrox to get my ticket for it as did many thousand and to get the pathetic performance the team gave us that day was embarrassing
Thats the one pal

Season 2015 / 2016 Alloa scoring in 80 odd minutes to draw 2-2 at Ibrox. Never felt so uttetly despondent.

Off the park it must be the fat man fleecing my club with his constant lies and corrupt commercial agreements and appointing Derek Lambias as CEO. On the park watching Ian Black attempting a 5 yard pass.

For me was losing 2-1 (aet) away to Forfar in the League Cup 1st Round on 3rd August 2013 at the start of the 13/14 season.

A horrible performance and result, coupled with no end in sight to the off field turmoil.

I really wondered at that time if we would ever get back to winning the Premiership again.
OP's shout is a good/bad one. It was grim in every way and said so much.

With a depressing transfer window to look ahead to (Ricky Foster came in...) we knew at the end of the previous season we'd not be able to play them all due to restrictions so we'd need to play some of the current squad and youngsters. We also knew that Alexander would be leaving. So instead of giving the reserve keeper (Gallagher) any minutes in dead rubbers, McCoist just played Alexander every game to the end of the seasons as if it mattered (we still lost at home to Annan etc) and Gallagher entered the Forfar game with zero minutes behind him.

For the same reason he ran McCulloch into ground making him play every minute of the previous season so he was f*cked too.

And then the game itself we play a long ball up to Marvin Andrews to head away for the whole game. We get an equaliser late on and still throw it away as we all vaguely hoped that Forfar would tire, instead it was us and out we went.

And then post game the manager blames the wind.

It just summed up so much of us at that point: clueless, lazy, unfit, excuse making losers from top to bottom with no sign of anything getting better.

I got annoyed just typing that it it wasn't even my worst memory from it all. :D

That period and what we went through broke me as a football supporter however not as a Rangers supporter , those times were sickening.
Still looking back it was a good old laugh eh, why take it seriously.
Where did I say it was a laugh?

My point referenced me giving up my season ticket as i, and many thought that was the only way to force board change......... aye, great laugh that.

TBH none of my low moments were on the field. I always believed that we would get back to the top league again, I expected us to be in the 1st div/championship for 2 seasons, dont know why just felt it would happen that way. Not to say Motherwell playoff didnt hurt.

Up until King and the Three Bears got control it was low, IIRC the stock exchange posted updates at 7am if there was anything to be released, felt like every morning up for work and checking this to see how Ashley had managed to inveigle his way deeper into our club.
I don’t think I had ever watched Sky Sports News as often as I did during this time, hoping against hope some Rangers supporting Billionaire would buy us.

I also thought we would climb through the Leagues despite some of the dreadful performances, but high points for me were taking 30k to Hampden and then around 50k at Ibrox for East Fife …It’s an old cliche that players come and go but for football fans your team is one of the true constants in life…I feel a huge sense of pride being part of that journey as I am sure everyone of us does.

The Ramsdens cup final v Raith. To say things were heated leaving the game was an understatement. We were utterly pathetic and that was the day that even the most stubborn of McCoist’s fans snapped.

Losing at home to Annan Athletic ranks pretty high, also.
I will never forget going to Nisa and getting 2 crates of bud and going to my old man’s he looked me with this look of shame as if to say are u really doing this! We shouldn’t be here

The 2 cargos were never touched

Losing a two goal lead at Alloa in the Ramsden Cup semi final in December 2014 in the final days of the McCoist era.

That season as a whole was genuinely the worst time of my life supporting us. There just didn't seem to be any way out of where we were and the spivs were running riot. I was convinced we were heading to be a feeder club for Newcastle reserves.
By far the worst season supporting us. And I remember reading on here "aye but wait until Hearts injuries kick in" as we fell further and further behind them. Harrowing.

Best view I’ve ever had a hampden being sat just off the half way line

As the farce unfolded in front of me I saw Fanny’s on the pitch and children crying. When I left the stand plod was standing about outside with some of them even sitting on cars Like a bunch of useless bastard.

I then got plod propaganda from a family member (who was on holiday) that was a direct lift from the Record.

Still angry about it and perfectly sums up the state of modern Scotland and it’s one way sectarian discussion.

Not getting promoted at first time of trying from the Championship. We must have finished about 20pts behind Hearts that season. Absolute riddy.

Probably that for me. Was a shambles. Playing a 4-5-1 in a cup final defeat against Raith was up there too.

What a horrible, horrible thread.

All of it on David Murray’s head.
Yes the dishonourable Sir David Murray’s legacy is sadly forever sullied for his utterly despicable and reckless behaviour during his last 10 years as owner of our great institution. In many ways I blame him more than the crook Craig Whyte.

The first year was bad but I was confident it would be temporary. Even when we lost to Annan at home, which is the most poisonous atmosphere I’ve ever experienced.

The first year in the Championship was brutal. Getting scudded off Hibs, finishing miles behind Hearts and getting the pish ripped out of us in the play-off.

Back