Tillman and the rumoured 5m price

Would you pay the £5m to make it a permanent deal?

• Total voters
Don’t get why some wouldn’t sign him. 20 year old that can win you games. Technical ability is probably up there with best in the team.

A 20 year old that’s inconsistent? Jeez never seen that before. If there is a 20 year old CAM with good numbers and is consistent he’s probably playing for a top team. Not slumming it in the SPFL.

Guy has massive potential, if we spent 7m on kent then 5m on this guy is a no brainier. I love Kent as a player but Tillman for me has the knack of getting goals that I don’t think kent has.

Also, he might be inconsistent within a 90 minute game but his numbers are pretty consistent, since the Leverkusen friendly he has contributed in the lions share of our games. He’s a luxury player no doubt, but I think he’s the player we always moan we don’t have, that guy that can do something different!

Its understandable some of our support have reservations about spending £5 million as we don't have loads to spend however everyone seems to agree he is a classy player. However there isn't another player in our team who would have scored that goal today-half the team would have put it over the bar and the other half would have hit it against a player in a busy six yard box. The lad placed it in a chaotic penalty area!

We spent 7 million on Kent. Who over the years he has been here has been worth the money. You have to say that by comparison, spending less than that on Tillman from what we have seen in the very short time he has been here - is also value for money. The lad will develop under Beale and make us millions when he finally moves on. I genuinely believe that if we sign him, after a couple of years with Beale - he will break CB transfer figure.

If he was already a permanent player here and someone was interested in him we would be looking for 12-15 million. Imo he’ll be here next season and j don’t think it’s a difficult decision for anyone with a good footballing brain. If he fulfills his potential he will go on ti be our record transfer sale.

If he was already a permanent player here and someone was interested in him we would be looking for 12-15 million. Imo he’ll be here next season and j don’t think it’s a difficult decision for anyone with a good footballing brain. If he fulfills his potential he will go on ti be our record transfer sale.
Definitely agree.

Id snap their hands off for £5mill and voted yes

However what if he doesn’t want to stay??

Could be youth and lack of experience but at times this season like the first half today he didn’t look interested, yard off the pace, lazy at times….. (Second half different story)

Im not having a dig at him but Is he a shy bloke? Lacks a bit of confidence? Head goes down? Bit like Borna at times he’s a confidence player and has ups & downs

He’s bags of potential that’s obvious and just a boy but does he actually see his next couple of seasons with us then possibly returning to germany?

Depends on how much of a budget is available to Beale.

If he’s got a budget of approx £15m then yes I’d spend the £5m on Tillman. However, if we only have a budget of £10m or less then I’m not sure i’d spend the lion’s share of that on Tillman. A good player with great potential, there’s no doubt about that.
But if we only have a modest budget - I’m not sure we can afford the luxury of buying him as there’s so much other strengthening this team needs.

Hopefully the board come good and allow the investment that the team needs (and fans deserve).
This is spot on.

I really like him but if we need 5 or 6 players in the summer then I can’t see us signing Tillman for £5M - it would be too big of a share of our budget.

However, if we get a couple in January and they do well and Kent and Morelos resign then it might open things up a bit for the required Tillman spend.

If he signs permanently we will fetch 20+ million in a few years easy from the EPL.

Frightening to think what he could potentially become.

This is spot on.

I really like him but if we need 5 or 6 players in the summer then I can’t see us signing Tillman for £5M - it would be too big of a share of our budget.

However, if we get a couple in January and they do well and Kent and Morelos resign then it might open things up a bit for the required Tillman spend.

I don’t think a club like us can be passing up an opportunity to buy a player like Tillman for 5m.

He would be one of those ‘the one that got away’ in a few years.

Anyone with a decent grasp of football can see he’s going to be a star that’s before you start talking about the numbers he’s already got in goals and assists.

5m in the world of football is buttons.

Our biggest concern shouldn’t be do we want him, it should be does he want to sign permanently.

We've been moaning for a young powerful goalscoring midfielder who can pick a pass and has potential. Complaining that midfield hasn't been addressed in years.

Tillman is the man. He could be a £20m sale once he finds his 90 minute consistency and stamina. The guys a pure talent with athletic potential. He's strong, wins the ball back, scores, assists, can head it. He's the Ibrox Yaya

Pay the fee tomorrow and get him signed permanently.

The boy is fucking brilliant and is going to be a star.

Touch of an angel, scores goals, sets them up, covers the whole of the park and nicks more balls than a bic razor.

If it was £10m he'd be worth every penny but at £5m it's a steal.
Absolutely fantastic boy under Beale really starting to like him

We’d seen this before with players on loan with posters saying sign him now half way through a season. Then the player has turned dog shit

I’m fully on board the we must sign him bus though

Back