Tillman and the rumoured 5m price

Would you pay the £5m to make it a permanent deal?

• Total voters
Weird timing for a bump considering how poor he was 1st half.

Still want him signed, needs to sort out the inconsistency though.
It’s literally as if he doesn’t start to play until the second half in every game !

I would have liked to have seen him against europa style opposition. Realistically for that kind of money that’s where he needs to shine

Anyone still saying they wouldn't take Tillman doesn't have a clue. He'll surpass Aribo within the next 12 months - might even surpass Aribo's highest scoring season for us this season at only 20 years old.

Folk mentioning "inconsistency" as if he isn't still one of our best players, and regularly the youngest in the starting lineup need to get a grip.

Whether he improves a whole lot more remains to be seen

However, he is a regular starter and scores the odd important goal for us. Probably way down the list of players to shift on, there will be quite a few before him

Given that, £5m isn’t too bad for a young, first team regular that has proven himself to a degree

We could spend the same money and get a player that doesn’t fit or ends up injured regularly

See players like Matondo & Helander for examples.

Depends on how much of a budget is available to Beale.

If he’s got a budget of approx £15m then yes I’d spend the £5m on Tillman. However, if we only have a budget of £10m or less then I’m not sure i’d spend the lion’s share of that on Tillman. A good player with great potential, there’s no doubt about that.
But if we only have a modest budget - I’m not sure we can afford the luxury of buying him as there’s so much other strengthening this team needs.

Hopefully the board come good and allow the investment that the team needs (and fans deserve).

He reminds me of Aribo first season, almost playing with the handbrake on. He turned out okay.
Yep, or even Kent’s first season where he seemed to kick on again second half of that season. I think Tillman could be unbelievable after an intense preseason like Gerrard’s time, which Beale will get us back to. No-brainier signing for me

He’s only 20 so there’s going to be a bit of inconsistency with his performances but even saying that you can see the boys quality and only going to get better, definitely spend the money on him

I can’t make my mind up.

First half today he was anonymous.

Second half the player we know he can be.

£5m is a lot for us though and IMO we should be waiting until the end of the season before making a call on this.

He’s capable of moments of quality but equally capable of being anonymous for large parts of games.

Can we afford £5m on a guy that is as inconsistent as Tillman is? I’m not so sure.

For me, he’s a luxury type player that needs players surrounding him that have legs and plenty energy.

I can’t make my mind up.

First half today he was anonymous.

Second half the player we know he can be.

£5m is a lot for us though and IMO we should be waiting until the end of the season before making a call on this.

He’s capable of moments of quality but equally capable of being anonymous for large parts of games.

Can we afford £5m on a guy that is as inconsistent as Tillman is? I’m not so sure.

For me, he’s a luxury type player that needs players surrounding him that have legs and plenty energy.
5m doesn't get you what it did 10 years ago. I'd say it's an extremely fair valuation for a player with massive potential. Most players under any sort of contract length in the vast majority of Leagues across Europe will be around the 3-5m bracket, when 4m used to get you a player of Jelavic quality. We have to be taking the punt as I'm almost certain he's worth at least double it as it stands never mind after a full season or two of development and coaching.

As he's still a young player I've voted yes thinking he'll improve as he matures.

He does appear a bit lethargic but I feel he is improving under Michael Beale.

We should be trying to sign him up permanently asap. Clearly very talented at only 20 YO with massive scope to improve. 5m would be a bargain.

The fact he's producing with so many goals and assists, from that position, and at 20 years old suggests this guy has got huge potential and would make the £5m investment a worthy one IMO.

His consistency issues can be coached.

Oh yes 100% would pay it. He’s only 20 in his 1st full season as a senior player, has got 6 goals at the moment and i’m willing to bet he’ll get double figures for us. He will only improve and i think at a quick rate.

The only thing that worries me is the rumoured buy-back clause that Bayern have. We could sign him permanently then they could trigger that and sell him elsewhere for a higher fee.

The board simply have to sanction the permanent acquisition of Tillman when his loan period expires. To not do this would be a dereliction of duty imo. Tillman has a major part to play at our club now and going forward in the next couple of seasons. Yes, he still has areas of his game which can be improved upon but he has the ability to do things on the park that others are not capable of. A no brainer for me isn’t that right Ross?

Back