Neil McCann

Disappointed in McCann tbf, but wanting him stopped working from RTV is a bit much.
This exactly. Read the first page and this page and most seem to be calling for Neil's head on a plate. A guy that gave so much to Rangers during his playing career should, imo, be cut a wee bit of slack.
OK, maybe wasn't the wisest comments he made but, jeez, haven't we all made rash comments, especially in the highly charged atmosphere of a big game o fitba?
I prefer a pundit that speaks his mind rather than 1 who watches what he says so as not to upset anyone.

Don't remember the same furore when Brown and Lennon did much worse

Also I've watched multiple players give it the shush and cup ears signals when they have scored, including against us

Jesus, Curtis Main did it twice last night against the sheep

After such a great performance, all we have heard is Alfie is bad, Goldson handball and Kent dived. Its incredible

McCann has had a clear agenda against Morelos for a while. Morelos got it stinking last night the full game and does a knee slide and the place is in an uproar. All because of who it is

And we have someone who works on rtv on national radio calling one of our players an idiot?

%^*& hearts, their fans and %^*& Neil McCann aswell

What ever happened to „through no fault of his own?“ that died quickly.

Also the goal was confirmed after VAR. Is he not allowed to celebrate once the goal was given. He was hardly in the crowd

McCann has had a clear agenda against Morelos for a while. Morelos got it stinking last night the full game and does a knee slide and the place is in an uproar. All because of who it is

And we have someone who works on rtv on national radio calling one of our players an idiot?

%^*& hearts, their fans and %^*& Neil McCann aswell
Do you live in a world where only complimentary things are al

Players across the country put their finger to their mouth towards opposing fans, players across the country cup their ears towards opposing fans, what is the problem here? Totally blown out of proportion and I'm surprised at Neil's comments, I think and would like to hope he regrets saying what he said now.

McCann was wrong to say it, it's clear that he doesn't like him and I think he's hinted at Alfie's attitude at times when he's been working for RTV. It's a personal thing.

I still like NM though, I don't think he should be hounded from RTV because of it.
Really? Calling Morelos an idiot too far for me if it was up to me he’d be punted. And I was a big fan of McCann in his playing days for us.

Hearts fans didn't even seem particularly bothered, no idea why mccann sounds so angry about it.

Because he's blinkered when it comes to Morelos. He has made it very clear when working on Rangers TV that he doesn't like him. Players celebrating towards away supporters happens all the time but it suddenly only becomes an issue for McCann when Alfredo does it.

The %^*& is the stupid old senile lady's front bottom Miller talking about hahaha. So now Alfie is bad because he went into the goal at pittodrie to get the ball after we scored ? Jesus wept.

No controversial decisions last night, but Scottish football has to get their greivance from somewhere eh!

Bunch of balloons, McCann included!

Don't remember the same furore when Brown and Lennon did much worse

Also I've watched multiple players give it the shush and cup ears signals when they have scored, including against us

Jesus, Curtis Main did it twice last night against the sheep

After such a great performance, all we have heard is Alfie is bad, Goldson handball and Kent dived. Its incredible

Yet another very good Rangers performance where the SMSM want the narrative changed from the football mate.

The reality is RANGERS WERE AWESOME last night & totally humiliated the third best team in the country. Again.

Also, Miller has a cheek. He Didn’t have much to say when aberdeens big cart horse striker gestures to the Rangers fans at hampdenas he was entitled too, it’s football ffs, a large part of it is getting it right up the opposition fans, always has been.

i can see why he called him an idiot, alfie should know by now the refs and media are waiting to pounce and should not give them an opportunity. . Have any of our players been booked for taking their tops off to celebrate as i find that the most stupid thing to do knowing its an instant booking ?

It illustrates how immature the coverage around Scottish football is - this would barely cause a ripple in England.

Instead we have this ‘celebration soap opera’ and the continuing ‘lucky man’ comment.

Thought it was a ridiculous comment to make, particularly for a former Rangers player (I know he also played for Hearts).

Players should be allowed to celebrate. I don't think it was that bad.

Fans are happy enough to give it out, but can't take it when it doesn't go his way.

McCann should realise that if Alfie simply ran back to the centre circle after scoring, this place would implode with folks insisting that he's for the off and doesn't care about the club.

As others have said, aside from his unprofessional description of Alfie it is the future implications of this whole stooshie that are the issue. NM must know this will focus more attention on Alfie and possibly cause him to get booked unfairly.

Lennon wound fans up in every ground he visited, as a celtc player and as manager of them and hibs.

I'll take McCanns word for it when he is able to remind us when he went on air to call Lennon an idiot.

I'm pretty sure that didn't happen though.

Spat on a Rangers scarf & mouthed ‘orange bastards’ right in front of the Copland Road Stand.

Neil McCann Loyal

sReIS7Q.jpg

Don’t think we’re allowed to criticise him in spite of his unnecessary dig at Morelos.
I did in Rotterdam in 2002. We looked to be doing very well in the game and Feyenoord were down to 10 men until Neil got himself sent off for idiocy.

the gaffer isnt happy with mccann either but we still have some on here trying to downplay it wonder if they will take heed

We've criticised Morelos for stupid red cards, lack of fitness and general ill discipline. Not for celebrating goals and giving a bit back to neds who abuse him for 90 minutes.

Players wind opposition fans up on a weekly basis. It shouldn't be stopped just because one nutter tried to deck Lennon years ago.
I am not saying it should be stopped mate. Just that I cant get myself too raging at mccann either way.

I'd prefer the knee slide was infront of travelling Bears.

Time's a healer. Forgave Neil for 2 rapid yellow in 'The Tub'. And will forgive one of our few friends in the mhedia for these comments too. We all make mistakes.

Still people on here calling for his head to F%%k Neil McCann

Not happy with McCann's comments myself but some of our fanbase need to strap one on. This over reacting anger is embarrassing sometimes.

McCann was a great Ranger. He's said one wrong thing in how many years as a pundit?

I bet if some of the people calling for his head looked back at their own posts about Morelos over the years they'll come across worse.

Still people on here calling for his head to F%%k Neil McCann

Not happy with McCann's comments myself but some of our fanbase need to strap one on. This over reacting anger is embarrassing sometimes.

McCann was a great Ranger. He's said one wrong thing in how many years as a pundit?

I bet if some of the people calling for his head looked back at their own posts about Morelos over the years they'll come across worse.

Im gonna go on the side of our current players and manager who are clearly not happy

Following on from his comments on sportsound last night

Can see alot of backlash online suggesting he shouldnt do RTV again after that (which i personally agree with) and now an article has appeared online where he brings hearts and neil lennon into to try and get out of his comments.
Thoughts?

CUT IT OUT

Neil McCann fears Neil Lennon Celtic repeat as Rangers hero wins support for Alfredo Morelos ‘idiot’ take vs Hearts​

NEIL McCANN has urged Alfredo Morelos to show a bit of class and stop needlessly antagonising opposition supporters - before something untoward happens.

The Rangers hero was forthright in his opinions after Morelos slid to his knees in front of fuming Jambos fans after both his goals during the Ibrox side's 3-0 win at Tynecastle.

The second of these came after a lengthy VAR check - when it was thought that the Colombian's 'goal' had been disallowed for offside - like three OTHER Gers efforts on the night.

But the goal was duly given, leading McCann to brand the star an 'idiot' for celebrating in front of the opposing fans during the 3-0 away win.

Asked to clarify his comments after the match, McCann drew the comparison of the night then Celtic boss Neil Lennon found himself attacked by a pitch invader from the Hearts end during a clash at Tynecastle back in 2011.

The fan was jailed for eight months for a breach of the peace at the match and handed a five-year football banning order.

McCann said he wished that referee John Beaton had BOOKED Morelos on the first occasion - as it would have nipped his behaviour in the bud.

McCann told BBC Sportsound: "I don't know why he does it, I know he's the pantomime villain.

"But he reacted when he scored the first one, a really good header, textbook, going towards the back post, super cross from Barisic and a bullet header.

"Then he goes to that little corner, and I've said how good this ground is, how close the fans are, he goes to his knees and antagonises them. I said at the time I didn't like it.

"The second one because we're waiting so long, I'm thinking he has no reason [to do it again], he's not wheeling away from a backward header.

"He has no reason other than to antagonise the Hearts fans again. It's right into the corner of the section.

"He is running AWAY from his own fans.

"I have seen him do that at Fir Park, if you remember away back, when he picked up his second yellow and got sent off.

"I just don't know what goes through the boys' head.

"And I don't like it, I was maybe strong in my comments, maybe I shouldn't have said that [called him an idiot]."

At this point, he got support from Aberdeen and Scotland hero Willie Miller, who pointed to similar antics during the 3-2 come-from-behind win at Pittodrie recently.

He said: "Neil, you should have.

"He did it at Pittodrie too, Arfield scored the goal, and Arfield goes into the ball to get the ball, he takes the ball before Arfield gets it.

"Arfield burrows away and goes to celebrate with his team-mates and Morelos is winding up the Aberdeen fans in the Richard Donald stand."

McCann added: "We have been in football grounds and watched games when we've been castigating fans for throwing things onto the pitch.

"Rightly so they should never take place but if you are going to that area ...

"I remember in that Motherwell game I think there were lighters and everything thrown at him.

"It just boiled over and fans just lost control. There is NO excuse for it, it shouldn't still happen.

"But all it takes is a headcase at the side of the pitch to decide 'I've had enough of it'.

"You will remember Celtic here when the fan jumped the dugout and attacked Neil Lennon, all it takes is one fan to think 'I've had enough of that' and he's on then pitch and we've got a horror story.

"I would encourage him [Morelos] that you can have a bit of banter, a bit of to and fro with the fans, but don't run past your own fans to celebrate on your knees to the away support.

"It is inflammatory and totally uncalled for and I actually think John Beaton should have cautioned him, then that puts a lid on it.

"Then Barisic kicks the ball into the fans and gets cautioned for it

"There was a bit of an atmosphere between the fans and the Rangers players tonight and they didn't need to do it because I thought they were streets ahead on the pitch.
TF he didn't blow kisses

Embarrassing comments from that cvnt McCann, I hope we've seen the last of him on RTV. Is he seriously comparing Alfie to Lennons bigoted antics or fans throwing missile...guess fvckin peace McCann.

Poor show on the censorship admin. One of my posts was deleted last night with a message saying "%^*& up about McCann, we won". The avatar was a question mark with no name, extremely poor fvckin show. If your going to administrate on FF you need to have some fvckin backbone chaps!!!

You also need to allow free speech.

Following on from his comments on sportsound last night

Can see alot of backlash online suggesting he shouldnt do RTV again after that (which i personally agree with) and now an article has appeared online where he brings hearts and neil lennon into to try and get out of his comments.
Thoughts?

CUT IT OUT

Neil McCann fears Neil Lennon Celtic repeat as Rangers hero wins support for Alfredo Morelos ‘idiot’ take vs Hearts​

NEIL McCANN has urged Alfredo Morelos to show a bit of class and stop needlessly antagonising opposition supporters - before something untoward happens.

The Rangers hero was forthright in his opinions after Morelos slid to his knees in front of fuming Jambos fans after both his goals during the Ibrox side's 3-0 win at Tynecastle.

The second of these came after a lengthy VAR check - when it was thought that the Colombian's 'goal' had been disallowed for offside - like three OTHER Gers efforts on the night.

But the goal was duly given, leading McCann to brand the star an 'idiot' for celebrating in front of the opposing fans during the 3-0 away win.

Asked to clarify his comments after the match, McCann drew the comparison of the night then Celtic boss Neil Lennon found himself attacked by a pitch invader from the Hearts end during a clash at Tynecastle back in 2011.

The fan was jailed for eight months for a breach of the peace at the match and handed a five-year football banning order.

McCann said he wished that referee John Beaton had BOOKED Morelos on the first occasion - as it would have nipped his behaviour in the bud.

McCann told BBC Sportsound: "I don't know why he does it, I know he's the pantomime villain.

"But he reacted when he scored the first one, a really good header, textbook, going towards the back post, super cross from Barisic and a bullet header.

"Then he goes to that little corner, and I've said how good this ground is, how close the fans are, he goes to his knees and antagonises them. I said at the time I didn't like it.

"The second one because we're waiting so long, I'm thinking he has no reason [to do it again], he's not wheeling away from a backward header.

"He has no reason other than to antagonise the Hearts fans again. It's right into the corner of the section.

"He is running AWAY from his own fans.

"I have seen him do that at Fir Park, if you remember away back, when he picked up his second yellow and got sent off.

"I just don't know what goes through the boys' head.

"And I don't like it, I was maybe strong in my comments, maybe I shouldn't have said that [called him an idiot]."

At this point, he got support from Aberdeen and Scotland hero Willie Miller, who pointed to similar antics during the 3-2 come-from-behind win at Pittodrie recently.

He said: "Neil, you should have.

"He did it at Pittodrie too, Arfield scored the goal, and Arfield goes into the ball to get the ball, he takes the ball before Arfield gets it.

"Arfield burrows away and goes to celebrate with his team-mates and Morelos is winding up the Aberdeen fans in the Richard Donald stand."

McCann added: "We have been in football grounds and watched games when we've been castigating fans for throwing things onto the pitch.

"Rightly so they should never take place but if you are going to that area ...

"I remember in that Motherwell game I think there were lighters and everything thrown at him.

"It just boiled over and fans just lost control. There is NO excuse for it, it shouldn't still happen.

"But all it takes is a headcase at the side of the pitch to decide 'I've had enough of it'.

"You will remember Celtic here when the fan jumped the dugout and attacked Neil Lennon, all it takes is one fan to think 'I've had enough of that' and he's on then pitch and we've got a horror story.

"I would encourage him [Morelos] that you can have a bit of banter, a bit of to and fro with the fans, but don't run past your own fans to celebrate on your knees to the away support.

"It is inflammatory and totally uncalled for and I actually think John Beaton should have cautioned him, then that puts a lid on it.

"There was a bit of an atmosphere between the fans and the Rangers players tonight and they didn't need to do it because I thought they were streets ahead on the pitch.

Never mentioned a Dundee player kicking a lit flare back in amongst the spectators ?

So he says he shouldn't have said it. And he shouldn't have, it was stupid of him.

No doubt the perma angry will still want him banned and erased from our history or something.
Sounds like a good idea to me.Maybe I’m a bit biased though.

This exactly. Read the first page and this page and most seem to be calling for Neil's head on a plate. A guy that gave so much to Rangers during his playing career should, imo, be cut a wee bit of slack.
OK, maybe wasn't the wisest comments he made but, jeez, haven't we all made rash comments, especially in the highly charged atmosphere of a big game o fitba?
I prefer a pundit that speaks his mind rather than 1 who watches what he says so as not to upset anyone.
So he's OK to be rash in his comments but Morelos isn't OK to be rash in celebrating?
McCann has a short memory when he was cupping his ear to opposition fans in an Edinburgh derby. People in glass house Neil.
As for RTV, I don't want anyone on there that calls out players an idiot. Phuck him.

Who's the number 18 in the huddle? :shh:

0-Celtic-versus-Rangers.jpg
No huddle. The SFA tried to pull us up for this claiming we were imitating their huddle, but Rangers successfully argue that it was not a "huddle". Rangers also pointed out that the other team, for the first time, performed the "huddle" after a match when they beat us but no action was taken against the other team for antagonising supports.

Not reading all 5 pages but this is just typical Alfie bashing. Did McCann say anything about Goldson after Tillman goal? Did he say Barisic was an idiot for kicking ball at a couple of wee Fannie’s? Probably not but both were worse than a wee slide and a Shhhhhh to the crowd

He mentions Motherwell. That group of Motherwell supporters have pelted opposition players relentlessly for years and little to nothing is done about it. I see far worse goal celebrations from my seat in the Copland to what Alfie did that day

Back