Neil McCann

I always find the hate for Morelos very strange, when he isn’t playing well he is Lazy and unfit but when he’s on fire and playing well he has attitude problems and is disrespectful to the other teams and fans.

I really hope he scores in every game for the rest of the season has an amazing end to the campaign, celebrating how he wants and really pisses of the idiots that call him out.

Thoughtless and honestly quite pathetic from McCann. All he’s doing is highlighting something of no substance in order that the rest of the mhedia can jump back onto the anti-Alfie bandwagon. Snide snipes mount up and colour peoples‘ opinions and dare we say it, referees also. Because they fear him they’ve been trying for years to undermine Alfie so that he would pack in Scottish football. As posters have said in the thread above other teams’ players love to celebrate in front of our supporters - maybe a little comment by our manager on an after match review could end with the words “I wonder if the mhedia will conclude that (name)’s goal celebration was a bit excessive today?”.

He is a pundit, who is entitled to voice his opinion, but, it is totally unprofessional for him in his position to be branding somebody as an idiot. That terminology is out of order, unnecessary, and for that I believe he should be banned from Rangers TV at the very least.
He doesn't say this about a Scottish player, a rangers player or not.

Neil's entitled to his opinion but he's clearly wrong on this occasion.

Morelos hadnt celebrated when the flag went up, if he's celebrated the same goal in the same manner twice you could maybe question it but he literally did what he does every time he scores, just because he had to wait for technology to fix a officials mistake doesn't mean his moment should be curtailed.

I'm sure he'll be back on RTV soon, but any further undeserved criticism of our squad in a similar "big bad Rangers" fashion, should see him sine died.

So he's OK to be rash in his comments but Morelos isn't OK to be rash in celebrating?
McCann has a short memory when he was cupping his ear to opposition fans in an Edinburgh derby. People in glass house Neil.
As for RTV, I don't want anyone on there that calls out players an idiot. Phuck him.
Who said Morelos wasn't ok to be rash in celebrating? For what it's worth, I don't think Alfie was rash, he knew what he was doing, and, for the record, I've absolutely no problem with players giving some back to opposition fans that give them pelters.

Never heard any commentators or pundits criticising or referring to Griffiths or Broonaldo in that manner about their behaviour in many Old Firm matches , an even bigger powderkeg..
As for McCann " being in our camp " I've never really bought into that..

Last edited:
So he scores a goal, has to wait a few minutes while Father Clancy tries his best to draw some lines on the screen to rule it out & fails.

Goal awarded & he does the same celebration that he does after every goal.

Where’s the issue in that Neil????

Get him off the RTV wage bill.

Oh dear.
It’s finally happened to Neil now.

For a few years ago that red haired idiot on the BBC, was everywhere!
Radio.TV.Paper columns.
Everywhere!

You couldn’t turn on, or look at the media without seeing or hearing a comment from him.Just flapping his gums on everything!
Was in danger being the next David Icke.

Then in the last year or so I started hearing Neil McCann and getting the same vibe.Sadly.He too, was everywhere.
Giving his views, and opinions.Including RTV.
The new ‘media darling’.

It’s like social media.People tell you they like your comments.
And for some, they feel empowered by this.Much like forum’s like this.
Don’t understand it.Never did.
Oh well.

Now it’s Neil’s turn, to feel some heat.
After his comments from last night.

Which will excite some, and anger others.
Was just a matter of time.

Need to pull back mate!
Before you turn into the next MS.

It’s just an opinion!

Now no one wants that!

It's shocking the level of hatred shown towards him by the Scottish media. Previously called a nasty piece of work by Hugh Keevins which he later had to apologise for. You'd think someone employed by the club would praise him and defend him rather than join the pile on.

I bet McCann didn't bat an eyelid when Goldson turned to the Hearts fans to celebrate last night or when Curtis Main did it twice last night at Pittodrie. It only becomes an issue when it's Alfredo.

Oh dear.

Radio.TV.Paper columns.
Everywhere!

You couldn’t turn on, or look at the media without seeing or hearing a comment from him.Just flapping his gums on everything!

Then in the last year or so I started hearing Neil McCann and getting the same vibe.Sadly.He too, was everywhere.
The new ‘media darling’.

Oh well.

Need to pull back mate!

It’s just an opinion!

Now no one wants that!
In short:

McCann, "How does that ginger tw@t get more MSM work than me?"

Doesn't take a genius or very long to answer that.

Forgive me for not being part of the lynch mob, but after watching them winning the league against us in 79, neil gave me back the sweet taste of revenge by ripping them one, to give me my best ever visit to parkhead. Even better, I was near the earl haigs which made the event even better.

God knows what abuse he got for that, in fact I'm surprised he wasn't physically assaulted. No hiding behind a keyboard for him.

So for services rendered he is well up on my list for memorable moments watching Rangers. Talking about banning him is outrageous.

I always find the hate for Morelos very strange, when he isn’t playing well he is Lazy and unfit but when he’s on fire and playing well he has attitude problems and is disrespectful to the other teams and fans.

I really hope he scores in every game for the rest of the season has an amazing end to the campaign, celebrating how he wants and really pisses of the idiots that call him out.
Alfie is the type of player that if he's in your team, you love him. If he's playing against you, you utterly despise him.

Since he plays for us, most of the country do indeed despise him. Including our football media. If he played in green and grey, the media would love him.

It´s not a new article it´s lifted verbatim from Sportsound. I liked McCann but to turn the analysis of that game into more Alfie bashing was pitiful.
I don't think we will see mcann much more or maybe never again on rtv Beale is not happy with his comments and said he will regret it more than Morelos as for Del Boy Ferguson you can expect comments from someone with half a brain like him but Mcann has done himself more harm with his gob this time.

Everyone has the right to free speech .
It’s just your are wrong and you should do everything you can for your 40 pieces of silver and stay and work with your bbc charlatans and keep away from Ibrox.
Bridge is well and truly burnt!

I kinda see it like this a little. Should he have said it? probably not. But, we have all called Alfie an idiot or worse im sure. He is absolutely right to rub hearts fans noses in the goal however he, at times, acts daft and is an easy target to caution. It isnt right but it is what it is.

Personally, I think this is a bit a much to do about nothing. I am already over it and will still listen to McCann if he is ever on RTV and I am not at the game.
I won't because he will be gone soon and tightly so in my opinion.

McCann at a bit of a crossroads here.

Hope he doesn't go down the 'don't back doon, double doon' route.

I agree with McCann. Alfie should concentrate on the football. He is an easy target for refs and will get a booking where others don't. I often scream at him to not get involved with things, stay away.

At Pittodrie after Arfield scored the equaliser he was more intent on winding up.the sheep. Whereas as Arfield encouraged him to get up.the park and let them kick off as we had a game to win, which of course we did.
Away and boil your head on a pot of tattoes.

Oh dear.

Radio.TV.Paper columns.
Everywhere!

The new ‘media darling’.

Oh well.

Need to pull back mate!

It’s just an opinion!

Now no one wants that!
Terrible poem :oops:B-D

Jesus Wept. Morelos has been called far worse on here . Disgusting comments about his personal appearance yet Neil McCann makes an ill judged remark and people want him crucified.
To true we do ,he can't stand Morelos ,plenty to say when he was not playing well and now that he is still hot more to run home down for The BBC is the right home for him from now on.

I partly agree with him, Alfredo is (wrongly) singled out for harsher treatment by referee's. He's previously been booked and IIRC sent off against Motherwell for celebrating in front of the home fans.
I love Alfredo's knee slide to them, especially after the stick he gets, but he does always run the risk of being cautioned for it by overly critical officials.
Talk about victim blaming fs

What's done is done and the tone of his comments told us everything we need to know. Him trying to then justify those comments is simply bum fluff.

Abusive odd balls on an anonymous internet forum does not equal an ex Rangers, fellow pro shouting repeatedly that a Rangers player is an idiot on national radio.

I take your point although it does make a lot of people look like complete hypocrites. You can’t be calling Morelos a disgrace, lazy and over weight one week and then completely lose your sh*t over McCanns comments.

I take your point although it does make a lot of people look like complete hypocrites. You can’t be calling Morelos a disgrace, lazy and over weight one week and then completely lose your sh*t over McCanns comments.
I've not seen the main band of those posters saying anything about wee Neil.

Back