Tillman and the rumoured 5m price

Would you pay the £5m to make it a permanent deal?

• Total voters
He is an outstanding talent. He's someone with a great career ahead of him, and £5m is a relative bargain. It's exactly the type of model we've been aiming for, buy young talent and help them develop before selling on. Fingers crossed we keep him

What if he decides not to make the permanent move at the end of the season? Not thought of that have you? Even though it's been explained about four times.
What part of he has already agreed to the deal do you not get? Tillman won't get to opt out. He signed the deal including further purchase before he came

We've got at least three remaining games against the yahoos this season and I'd really like to see him step up and dominate them in one of them before we commit. Look at Ryan Kent - he absolutely tore them to shreds on multiple occasions in 18/19 and I think that's ultimately what sold us on him and why none of us were put off by the price tag. Not doubting Tillman's talent but that's a signpost I want to see from him.

"£5m seems steep."

Some fans are mentally scarred from the Banter Years era and everything that went down. £5m is really f*ck all in the grand scheme of things — particularly for a 20-year-old, US international with Bundesliga experience at Bayern Munich.

If £5m is deemed steep for Tillman then I have no idea how we go about building squad. There are times when a team simply has to front up the cash and the kid is as big a banker you'll find.
Same posters didnt want to pay for Raskin ‘when we could get him for free in summer’. I believe they fail to understand modern football.

The relativly low fee’s for Cantwell, Tillman, Bassey, Raskin. Should, in theory, make us above 10m each.

Same posters didnt want to pay for Raskin ‘when we could get him for free in summer’. I believe they fail to understand modern football.

The relativly low fee’s for Cantwell, Tillman, Bassey, Raskin. Should, in theory, make us above 10m each.

Yip and the agreement is we got Kamara for 50k. Sheff Utd wanted £4m for Lundstram, Trossard went for £12 and there is plenty more.

Covid has messed up football quite a bit, players are now more likely to wait for the summer and doing a Bosman than pre contract and the ones that do sign a pre contract the selling club is now standing firm and looking to maximise as much as possible rather than taking what scraps they can get.

Their was a great article on it by Daniel Storey in the I and the Swiss transfers ramble have gone over it well too.

Colin made a cracking point on the H&H update where he asked if Tillman was our player, would we be happy to sell him for £5 million?

I'd be raging if that was the fee we got for him.

£5 million is a bargain and even with the buy back clause we'd still be making money on him.

Brilliant player. Perfect no10.

We are going to have a full house of no 10s for sure. Tillman, Kent, Hagi, Lawrence, Cantwell, Lowry. Maybe we can convert a surplus 10 into a goalie :))

We are going to have a full house of no 10s for sure. Tillman, Kent, Hagi, Lawrence, Cantwell, Lowry. Maybe we can convert a surplus 10 into a goalie :))

Room for 3 in most of our games.

Tillman must have a value now in excess of £10m. For that reason alone, spending £5m is the very definition of a no brainer.

He has such a bright future

Anyone who cant see this laddie is gifted need there head looked. Get it paid and watch him get better and better. Get him 100 gmes under his belt and see how good he is

Room for 3 in most of our games.

Tillman must have a value now in excess of £10m. For that reason alone, spending £5m is the very definition of a no brainer.

He has such a bright future

Our recruitment gets a lot of stick, yet they’ve unearthed Tillman before he’d really played men’s football other than a few sub appearances.

I had assumed it was Roy Maakays linked to Bayern, but read on here it was our German scout that spotted him, whoever it was did us a good turn, he is a joy to watch, the type of player we’ve not had in years.

Our recruitment gets a lot of stick, yet they’ve unearthed Tillman before he’d really played men’s football other than a few sub appearances.

I had assumed it was Roy Maakays linked to Bayern, but read on here it was our German scout that spotted him, whoever it was did us a good turn, he is a joy to watch, the type of player we’ve not had in years.

The recruitment digs are over the top. It’s our inability to allow any level of patience for players to settle that is the biggest issue.

Look at guys like Sakala as the perfect example. We have a small budget in relative terms to clubs of similar size, which means finding the diamonds when they are rough is the way to go - but not easy.

The summer recruitment got pelters but you will notice the “list” of examples of failures is getting smaller - why is that??

Souttar and Matondo are the only 2 left on it - I bet they prove to be useful signings as well

I originally voted no as I genuinely couldn’t see the fuss and I thought £5m was ridiculous for him but he does seem to be improving.

"£5m seems steep."

Some fans are mentally scarred from the Banter Years era and everything that went down. £5m is really f*ck all in the grand scheme of things — particularly for a 20-year-old, US international with Bundesliga experience at Bayern Munich.

If £5m is deemed steep for Tillman then I have no idea how we go about building squad. There are times when a team simply has to front up the cash and the kid is as big a banker you'll find.
Yeah, I agree with this.

What we’ve achieved with a relatively tiny outlay over the past few years has been exceptional. It’s not been league after league and cup after cup, but to have won 55, impressed in Europe, got to a final and won the Scottish Cup with the squad we’ve put together has been impressive.

However, we need to invest. Clever scouting, cross border youth deals and Bosmans by all means, but we need to get our heads around the fact that players in the £3-5m bracket need to become a regular thing - maybe even as much as £6-7m if it’s a proper special young talent.

How is it possible for there to be 612 absolutely clueless folk in the same place, a quarter of voters here, complete doughballs who should give up watching football completely? These polls should be public so they can be mocked.
As much as I agree with you! I quoted earlier this week took the wife up to St Johnstone game for her birthday "the boy is 3 moves ahead of everyone else"no hesitation in buying him,he will be a star!But sadly 612 people still have their opinion!PS Did you know in the last election in Scotland in the constituency seats 35,000 dickheads voted for the Green party and didnt win any seats,but with PR they gained 8 seats with 200,000 votes out of nearly 3 million votes approx! Now these polls should be made public so they can be publicly mocked ! PPS Sorry if your a green or a nat lol

How is it possible for there to be 612 absolutely clueless folk in the same place, a quarter of voters here, complete doughballs who should give up watching football completely? These polls should be public so they can be mocked.

Mate do you ever post anything on here that's not a rant at other posters? :D

From today’s Sun-

Gers have first refusal should Bayern Munich decide to cash in.

Tillman has impressed under the new manager — starring in his side’s 3-0 midweek win over Hearts.

Beale said: “We have the first opportunity to buy Malik. Bayern have a decision whether they feel he’s going to play for them.

“There’s a number, we know what it is and we’re comfortable with the number.

Also, we wouldn’t just want to buy a boy that maybe wants to be elsewhere.

“I haven’t even had that conversation with Malik. It’s not like you get him in a room and put a gun to his head.

“He has to show you that in his performances and the way he’s playing.

“I’ve asked him to do a slightly different role.

He played mostly as a striker or second striker at Bayern.

“I’m asking him to be a midfielder who breaks out to score from there as it adds another goalscorer.

“Tynecastle in midweek was a big tick in the box in terms of an away game in Scottish football where it’s a little bit fast and frantic.

“Can he handle that as a 20-year-old? I think he handled it really well.”

Ahh, so it's not as simple as to throw Bayern the money then. That's basically what has been pedalled since he joined
Exactly

And Bayern if they’ve any sense will take him back then sell 6 or 12 months later for more than the £5m….

5m not a chance. 1-2 max.
Your the guy who spent the whole transfer windows slautering the board, the club and any fan who showed even a modicum of faith.

Now you suggesting a Bayern Munich player, almost every present o for us and on the verge of an international call up is worth no more than £2m

Come on to %^*& mods why do you let them troll this forum so blatantly?!

GvB is an absolute footballing terrorist for how he was utilising Tillman. We wouldn't have a single person not wanting him if Beale was managing him from the start.

Have a strong suspicion Yilmaz will end up in the exact same boat - utterly mental that we had folk defending GvB sticking with Barisic in home games against the likes of Ross County, after we forked out a very good fee to bring one of the best talents in Turkey to the club.

Watched the Hearts game back last night & he was absolutely superb that 1st half. 2nd half he was quiet but the lad’s touch & control are such high quality & for 5m & at his age it’s a no brainer.

Your the guy who spent the whole transfer windows slautering the board, the club and any fan who showed even a modicum of faith.

Now you suggesting a Bayern Munich player, almost every present o for us and on the verge of an international call up is worth no more than £2m

Come on to %^*& mods why do you let them troll this forum so blatantly?!
chill out man, hardly any of our players were on form back then and tillman was one of them. My opinion has changed obviously and we should pay whatever the fee we have agreed to sign him up.

I never spent the whole tranfer window slamming the board ffs haha i said we wouldnt sign Raskin which was my opinion at the time. Look at my early posts in the transfer thread and you will clearly see that. Just because someone has a different opinion from you at a certain time don't let that upset you fella.

chill out man, hardly any of our players were on form back then and tillman was one of them. My opinion has changed obviously and we should pay whatever the fee we have agreed to sign him up.
Seems a lot of your opinions have dramatically changed between January and February. I’m guessing your no longer guaranteeing we’ll lose out on Raskin too? And the Board getting pass marks now too?

it is public, click the numbers beside where it say votes gives you names who voted

which ones? Raskin and tillman.

2 is alot for you
You had nothing good to say about the board at all day after day. Made numerous bold declarations which turned out to be pish.

Your either an attention seeker making bold and controversial comments continually for attention or your at it.

By the way if you though Bayerns Tillman was worth a million pound a month ago I’m not sure why you suddenly think he’s worth 5 times as much now all of a sudden 4 weeks later?

They are public, just click the number of votes to see the list of users who voted that way.

You had nothing good to say about the board at all day after day. Made numerous bold declarations which turned out to be pish.

Your either an attention seeker making bold and controversial comments continually for attention or your at it.

By the way if you though Bayerns Tillman was worth a million pound a month ago I’m not sure why you suddenly think he’s worth 5 times as much now all of a sudden 4 weeks later?
You seem very upset.

Numerous bold declarations, haha show me. I said i didnt think we would sign Raskin (i maybe said clearly or obviously too but i dont remember) Yep stupid opinion at the time, big deal.

Bold and controversial because it differs from your opinion haha this place would suck if everyone agreed on everything.

I have been critical of Ross Wilson and Stewart Robertson only and imo they deserve the flak they get alot of the time. 90% of FF probably felt the same about the pair at the time and probably still do.

Anyway i seem to have upset you so maybe just block me so you dont have to stress yourself seeing any of my other posts.

Also form is what makes me think tillman could be worth it now. What did you think Morelos was worth 2 years ago, what do you think hes worth now? Form and goals affect a price tag.

I was very much on the fence until Beale came in.

Now I think it’s possibly our most important piece of business this summer.

Reactions: BWO
Also form is what makes me think tillman could be worth it now. What did you think Morelos was worth 2 years ago, what do you think hes worth now?
lol did you ask yourself the same question I asked you and then refused to answer both of us?

What was it that happened between the start of January when in your eyes the board were a disgrace, we weren’t going to sign anyone at all, the Raskin transfer was a ruse and Tillman was worth a million quid, and today?

Despite your sudden confidence in him you’re still voting naw btw

lol did you ask yourself the same question I asked you and then refused to answer both of us?

What was it that happened between the start of January when in your eyes the board were a disgrace, we weren’t going to sign anyone at all, the Raskin transfer was a ruse and Tillman was worth a million quid, and today?

Despite your sudden confidence in him you’re still voting naw btw
Did i say these exact thing or are you just making things up?

I was very much on the fence until Beale came in.

Now I think it’s possibly our most important piece of business this summer.
The choice isn’t ours though, it’s down to Bayern and the player. His value is rising pretty much monthly right now, which Bayern will take into consideration, take him back and punt during the following two windows and they are quids in

You seem very upset.

Numerous bold declarations, haha show me. I said i didnt think we would sign Raskin (i maybe said clearly or obviously too but i dont remember) Yep stupid opinion at the time, big deal.

Bold and controversial because it differs from your opinion haha this place would suck if everyone agreed on everything.
So bold and controversial than 3.5 weeks on you don’t have any of those opinions any more. Usually genuine cranks aren’t so easily separated from their posts but your the opposite.
Did i say these exact thing or are you just making things up?
Aye you did say that type of stuff every single day. Until it was proven to be the opposite.

Makes sense

The choice isn’t ours though, it’s down to Bayern and the player. His value is rising pretty much monthly right now, which Bayern will take into consideration, take him back and punt during the following two windows and they are quids in
Bayern don’t have a choice if Tillman wants to join us and we pay the fee as agreed.

So bold and controversial than 3.5 weeks on you don’t have any of those opinions any more. Usually genuine cranks aren’t so easily separated from their posts but your the opposite.

Aye you did say that type of stuff every single day. Until it was proven to be the opposite.

Makes sense
in those 3.5 weeks Tillman has had numerous MOTM displays and scored a few goals. His form at the time i made my opinion was no where near it which is what i based my opinion on. I have changed my opinion on him because hes showing what he can do more consistently.

I cant be arsed arguing anymore so lets just end it here?

Back