Morelos

Kyogo - 21 goals in 31 games.
Morelos - 9 goals in 31 games.
Colak - 14 goals in 29 games.

Apologies I got it wrong. Kyogo has scored 2 fewer than our 2 main strikers combined.
Yes, I honestly did not know how much he had scored.
That's the problem they get more goals than we do even from wide areas we need to improve with new signings that can get us more goals in the summer.

That's what's baffling, we buy the likes of Cantwell to unlock defences and yet here we are still relying on Morelos coming short
Coming short and linking play is part of playing as a sole striker. What's your point? If he wasn't doing it he'd be no use to us because his finishing is dreadful currently.

Coming short and linking play is part of playing as a sole striker. What's your point? If he wasn't doing it he'd be no use to us because his finishing is dreadful currently.
We have been playing with 2 strikers, you forgot about Sakala?

We have been playing with 2 strikers, you forgot about Sakala?
No we haven't. We've played 4231 or 4321 under Beale.

Point still stands, Alfie isn't in the team for his finishing. He's in the team bc, at his best, he can occupy two centre backs, can link / switch play well and others can play off him.

Point still stands, Alfie isn't in the team for his finishing. He's in the team bc, at his best, he can occupy two centre backs, can link / switch play well and others can play off him.
No point in engaging with you if you think we have been playing with 1 striker.

Up to Morelos really, not Rangers. He knows our boundaries and we can’t go to £40,000 a week plus that some other clubs nowhere near as big as Rangers would consider chicken feed to keep him, especially if there’s no transfer fee.

Going to be some on here having an existential crisis should he decide to leave mind you.

He’s not in our team for scoring goals?

Fucking hell, that really is a new one from the ‘absolutely insane defences of Morelos’ archive.

Actually laughed out loud at that one, it’s getting copied and pasted for a few group chats.

Morelos will not win us trophies because he is not good enough over a season. He is also a marked man by referees, media and Scottish football which also undermines our ambition to win trophies.

Up to Morelos really, not Rangers. He knows our boundaries and we can’t go to £40,000 a week plus that some other clubs nowhere near as big as Rangers would consider chicken feed to keep him, especially if there’s no transfer fee.

Going to be some on here having an existential crisis should he decide to leave mind you.
I think the breakdowns from posters if he stays will be off the scale.

The thread announcing his new contract could be 1 of the best ever seen!

It's the here and now not the past. Like it or lump it goals against Celtic matter and goals at Hampden to win trophies.
Cometh the hour cometh the man. In terms of winning trophies for the club as Rangers No. 9 he hasn't done it.
However this doesn't seem to register with posters on here.
We seem to do okay against The Filth when Alfie plays and not so well when he is missing.
Are you suggesting Alfie should be dropped in the next fixture against them if Colak and Roofe are fit?

A mid table Turkish Super Lig mob.

If that isn't a wake up call to him then nothing will be.

I doubt he'll care, it'll be more money over there and a better climate.

Miller, McGregor and Boyd did the same years ago.

Apparently their current top earner on £22k

Edit: source was random twitter account, could be miles out. :D

I always thought the wages in Turkey were mental.

Although half the time teams just stop paying players.

I said earlier in the thread it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up in the Middle East on a big contract. Shame because at his peak I think he would've been excellent for a Porto or Sevilla type club.

I always thought the wages in Turkey were mental.

Although half the time teams just stop paying players.

I said earlier in the thread it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up in the Middle East on a big contract. Shame because at his peak I think he would've been excellent for a Porto or Sevilla type club.
I'm pretty sure low tax is one of the main attractions there.

We seem to do okay against The Filth when Alfie plays and not so well when he is missing.
Are you suggesting Alfie should be dropped in the next fixture against them if Colak and Roofe are fit?
What are you on about? This is a guy in a league cup final who put his own personal agenda against them above the good of team.

He took a penalty as an easy chance to score against them and buckled under the pressure.

Dont get me started on the captain as he should’ve done what captains do and as the captain and penalty taker should’ve told Morelos he wasn’t getting it.

Bottom line his record agains them is horrendous.

Im suggesting Morelos is not good enough. He doesn't score enough against them and the importance of this cannot be underestimated.
I think im right in saying out of 5 seasons in 4 of those he has failed to hit 20 goals domestically.
We look at Celtics superior goal difference and accuse teams of lying down to them when really they are putting the ball in the net and our great hero sclaffs and flaffs at chances game after game and we wonder why so many of these against the dross we win by the one goal?

Morelos' face is tripping him when we win and he scores. Can you imagine the state of him when he plays for a team that loses regularly, and he only scores now and again!

For his own mental well being, he'd better be wise in choosing the club he leaves us for....if he goes.

Someone posted are we in a lose / lose situation. The only one that is going to lose out of this is Alfie. He will never reach the heights he did with us. All downhill for him if he goes.

What are you on about? This is a guy in a league cup final who put his own personal agenda against them above the good of team.

He took a penalty as an easy chance to score against them and buckled under the pressure.

Dont get me started on the captain as he should’ve done what captains do and as the captain and penalty taker should’ve told Morelos he wasn’t getting it.

No it isn't.
He may not score often, but his record against them is otherwise good.
They don't like playing against him.
Aye but that penalty!

No it isn't.
Aye but that penalty!
Where does this come from as the few of them i know in work take the piss out of him and his record against them.

Goldson has scored the same number of goals versus them as Morelos, his misses versus them have been awful including maybe the worst miss ever in the 3-2 defeat at Ibrox in injury time.

Do you like cats or dogs mate ?

I would guess he would prefer playing in a warmer country where he isn't treated the way he does in Scotland.
On the other hand I don't think he will get a better club to elevate his career any and certainly wont break and European goal records with his next move plus his family seem settled. I reckon he resigns for similar terms just a hunch.

We talk about Allie being unfair colak is about 5 yards of the pace right now don’t know I would trust him to lead the line any time soon Allie till end of season then on to pastures new

No it isn't.
Aye but that penalty!
They enjoy him playing against them because he generally does the square root of hee haw.

Like it or not, the penalty in that game was important And should be focused on.

11 v 10, quick equaliser, momentum, likely result in a win.

Instead both him and captain shat the bed, trophy gone.

They enjoy him playing against them because he generally does the square root of hee haw.

Like it or not, the penalty in that game was important And should be focused on.

11 v 10, quick equaliser, momentum, likely result in a win.

Instead both him and captain shat the bed, trophy gone.
You think Celtic would rather Alfie was on the pitch than Colak or Roofe?

Based on the conversations I have I don’t think they really care too much about either of them.

Bottom line is for a striker against them he has a couple of goals in umpteen games.
Far much more to his game than goals especially in the old firms, when did we last lose a game against them when Alfie started the game ?

Andy Walker wants us to resign him that tells you all you need to know.

twenty-odd games and two goals against them lets not kid on her scares them.
Can't say I care what Andy Walker thinks about anything.

As I said if you look at the games he doesn't start against them compared to the ones he has I think it tells a fair bit about what he does in the OF games.

Can't say I care what Andy Walker thinks about anything.

As I said if you look at the games he doesn't start against them compared to the ones he has I think it tells a fair bit about what he does in the OF games.
Sakala has caused them more problems than Morelos has so far.
You'd think we hadn't done well without Morelos, I thought after getting to the Europa final and winning a cup without him would have put that nonsense to bed plus qualifying for the Champions League.
Posters are needing to wake up a bit on Morelos, we need better.

I doubt he'll care, it'll be more money over there and a better climate.

Miller, McGregor and Boyd did the same years ago.
If he gets paid by them. and with the inflation the way it is in Turkey, how much will his wages there actually be worth.

Sakala has caused them more problems than Morelos has so far.
You'd think we hadn't done well without Morelos, I thought after getting to the Europa final and winning a cup without him would have put that nonsense to bed plus qualifying for the Champions League.
Posters are needing to wake up a bit on Morelos, we need better.
Morelos who scored 5 goals in the Europa League and bullied arguably the hardest team we had to play before he got an injury?

Morelos who scored 5 goals in the Europa League and bullied arguably the hardest team we had to play before he got an injury?
There were many games after that though and other players stepped up, that's what happens in football.
Are you trying to play down what's been achieved without him in the team?

If we continue as Morelos as our main striker we will never compete with them.

Im suggesting Morelos is not good enough. He doesn't score enough against them and the importance of this cannot be underestimated.
I think im right in saying out of 5 seasons in 4 of those he has failed to hit 20 goals domestically.
We look at Celtics superior goal difference and accuse teams of lying down to them when really they are putting the ball in the net and our great hero sclaffs and flaffs at chances game after game and we wonder why so many of these against the dross we win by the one goal?
Perhaps it isn't Morelos who is failing to keep up his end of the goalscoring in the forward line. There are other forwards.
Morelos was scoring well enough last season and then suffered an injury, which this season has hampered his progress.
However, he is coming back to form and his game is more about being a complete forward rather than a prolific goalscorer.
Nonetheless in his time at Ibrox he is usually good for a goal in every two games.
Considering he can do this in European as well as domestic football makes him a rather valuable contributor to the club's fortunes.

I’d like to see him stay. If we are going to spend £5m on Tillman in the summer then how much more money is going to be available for MB to spend? Given that we are in desperate need of an adequate GK in the summer too a starting CF ontop of that may well be beyond us if the last couple of windows are anything to go by.

Back