Big Joe Aribo

He was excellent for the first half of last season and showed he has big shoulders for the second half when he was our man up top.

I loved him. It was mental on summer seeing posters claim £6million for him was good business and that we had replaced him sufficiently.

I'd have him back in a minute.

He was excellent for the first half of last season and showed he has big shoulders for the second half when he was our man up top.

I loved him. It was mental on summer seeing posters claim £6million for him was good business and that we had replaced him sufficiently.

I’d have him back in a minute…. But he and Tillman play the same position.

If I had £5m to spend and both wanted to come, I’d sign Tillman. I honestly think Tillman is just as good at the moment, with more numbers to his game and the potential to get even better.

I’d have him back in a minute…. But he and Tillman play the same position.

If I had £5m to spend and both wanted to come, I’d sign Tillman. I honestly think Tillman is just as good at the moment, with more numbers to his game and the potential to get even better.
Tillman is class and might get even better as you say. He cannot play across the front three though. Aribo can and did.

I wish him well as it looks better for us when selling future assets, But when people are saying he’s at wrong club, what other prem team would he be a starter for in the 10 role of the right of a forward 3? I can’t think of many who he would start for

Anyone who uses the last few months of Aribo's time here as a stick to beat him with should never be listened to about anything ever again. He was playing as an emergency centre forward and at no point during that time did I ever think he was giving anything other than his all. It wasn't always pretty and it didn't always work but that was because he's a midfielder playing up front.

Would take him back no bother.

Always find it odd how desperate some seem to want to be to think players will regret leaving

Aribo has grew up in England during the absolute peak of the EPL hype years, it was likely a massive career target achieved when he got his move to it rather than a move of regret.

Anyone who has played sport at any kind of level would also be wanting to test themselves even if it means they might be seen as to have failed at a thing, albeit he will be failing on a wedge of cash a week

Joe is capable of moments of outrageous skill, but didn't do it enough.
Tillman seems much more dangerous and consistent for me and with a higher ceiling.

For me I'd far rather we sign Tillman permanently.

Tillman has shown the potential to consistently dominate games of football that I never saw from Aribo.

Aribo could produce moments and spells of real quality, but I just couldn’t see him being the main man over an extended period.

Tillman is class and might get even better as you say. He cannot play across the front three though. Aribo can and did.

Eh he can though? In fact I'm sure Tillman started out as a striker.

I really liked Aribo but Tillman has the potential to be miles better.

Malik Tillman started out as a striker and Beale has even commented on that and how he's asking Tillman to play a different game as a goalscoring midfielder.

“He’s brilliant. He’s a very shy young man and keeps himself to himself. He’s learning about the hustle and bustle of British football and he’s a really calm and composed young man. It helps him in the final third. I think he’s a goalscorer from midfield.

“He has played as a No 9 and as a 10 coming through at Bayern Munich. I’m delighted with Malik. I’m trying to help Malik develop a couple of areas of his games which will enable him to go and play at the really highest level in the future.

Other than that, you're correct.

Last edited:
Everyone of us would have him back in our squad absolutely no doubt… but he’s on about 45k a week now and that’s never happening here.

I wish him well, think many would agree Southampton was the wrong move for him. Something like palace would’ve suited him more.

Good luck joe!

Joe Aribo has bags of talent. However isn’t consistent enough and doesn’t score enough for the talent he has. A good player who done well for us. Wish him no harm.

Everyone of us would have him back in our squad absolutely no doubt… but he’s on about 45k a week now and that’s never happening here.

I wish him well, think many would agree Southampton was the wrong move for him. Something like palace would’ve suited him more.

Good luck joe!
Probably 60-70k

What ever floats you're boat. This isn't a complete dig at you , but I don't get all this gives me an erection stuff, 5 fellas in shorts doesn'tdo it for me. Big boobs usually do. I see this comment all the time and to me it's just plain weird. Had the same crap with Ramsey in a Rangers top .... "gives me a boner" I mean , if you are gay or female it's cool I've no issues with that.
Lol. Do you usually take most comments in life literally? Learn to read between the lines, it’s clearly just a saying, which means that the person is excited, nothing more and nothing less.

Good luck joe!
Is there really such a difference between Southampton and Palace? Both battling at the wrong end of the league. He's still pretty close to London where he grew up.

Is there really such a difference between Southampton and Palace? Both battling at the wrong end of the league. He's still pretty close to London where he grew up.
Maybe not mate. Maybe the manager situation would’ve helped. Or the style. Either way he’s better than just sitting on the bench most of the time

Should have been winning one if we had defended better
That moment he scored in the Europa League final will live with me and I'm sure all of us forever, genuine euphoria for a brief time thinking we were going to do it. Had just spent a load of time trying to get a cup of water only to have a couple sips and then for the rest of the cup to be chucked up into the air.

Seen today he wasn't playing, on the bench, or listed as injured for Southampton for their match today.
Not a I have a large collection of butt-plugs post, but a shame that he has vanished while down in the EPL.
Picked the wrong club jumped at the first club that come in from him , big mistake . A great player to .

As much as he frustrated at times I would gladly have the big man back in a heartbeat.

As it is he is just the latest in a long line of former Rangers players who realise the grass isn't always greener

Not even in the squad today again. That’s 4 games in a row he hasn’t even made the bench. 36 minutes of football since February 1st.
I thought he’d tear it up at Southampton. Feel sorry for the big guy but not his bank book

Bring him …… :(

Back