That Colak moment today

He’s stevie Thomson mark 2 with better finishing. Need to cash in on whatever money we can get for him. At times he’s like a junior footballer outside the box.

One of the worst striker performances I have ever seen in a rangers jersey today.

Beale has to stop fucking about with this charade now.
I honestly think there's nothing positive left for us. What's the point in even being a Rangers supporter? All you get is apocalyptic hyperbole.

Why did Beale play him right wing?
Wondered that too. They obviously rotated throughout and it's designed to confuse and disrupt the defence who've probably been given specific man marking roles but for the most part up until the subs he was mainly on the right, Kent through the middle and Sakala in a more or less free role. Every one of them was like a fish out of water for long spells today. Found it bizarre and it impacted our build up play early on. Let's be honest though, he had a howler all game whether he was right, central or at the halfway line.

Edit: I like him as a player and only Roofe in the squad has the poaching instinct to score the goal he did against Hibs imo so not bashing him for bashings sake, just being honest about his performance today.

He's our top scorer. Our best option by far. You need to move on from Kent
He’s clearly not though, as evidenced by the improvement in team performance when Morelos is a starter most of the time.

What has Kent got to do with Colak or a post where I haven’t mentioned Kent?

Last edited:
A good player for siege defending type games at Ibrox where the ball might break to him in the box and he will typically finish it. However in games that requires good link up play etc - and to be actively involved in play - he is average at best.

I really like the big man but he had a shocker today and that summed it up.

He has to square it but you see strikers take the shot on all the time in that scenario. What you usually don't see is them letting the ball run and run and run until they leave themselves the tightest of angles to score from. No idea what he was thinking.

It's not even remotely close as being as bad as those you've mentioned.

Shocker of a decision not to square it though.
As a moment of course it was equally as bad as others mentioned. Did it have as big an impact on the match as the others, thankfully no.

Working one of the catering stands? He was honking. At least Colak gives it his all, he puts himself in positions for things to come off. Shocking miss granted, but Alfie is finished with us.
Genuinely 1 of the worst comments I’ve read on here haha - anyone continuing the Colak should start against them or is better than Morelos doesn’t have our best interests at heart.

Working one of the catering stands? He was honking. At least Colak gives it his all, he puts himself in positions for things to come off. Shocking miss granted, but Alfie is finished with us.
People are saying Morelos missed 2 sitters (which is bollocks in itself, he missed 1), and someone else is saying he doesn’t put himself in positions for things to come off even though he’d have to have done that to have missed a sitter.

It’s a mad house.

People are saying Morelos missed 2 sitters (which is bollocks in itself, he missed 1), and someone else is saying he doesn’t put himself in positions for things to come off even though he’d have to have done that to have missed a sitter.

It’s a mad house.
Guys like @55degreesnorth are well known for spouting nonsense haha - there can’t be a genuine Rangers fan that thinks Colak should play in front of Morelos? Especially with a semi final against them round the corner??

I can just see tomorrow’s headlines;

‘Man makes mistake’

Colak has 3 goals from his last 13 league games which is terrible for a Rangers striker. His goals at the beginning of the season has really padded his stats.
I can’t believe for a minute that even the harshest Morelos critic (and there’s a few on here) thinks Colak should play in front of him with the semi final not far away?

I like the big fella's workrate but he had a poor game, culminating in that moment.

Should be a squad player next season, we need better.

I can’t believe for a minute that even the harshest Morelos critic (and there’s a few on here) thinks Colak should play in front of him with the semi final not far away?
Morelos won’t be here next season but he should be starting every game until then as it gives us the better chance of winning.

We need 2 new strikers come the summer as Colak is a back up and Roofe is never fit.

Colak has already paid his transfer fee back imo, but will never be the Rangers number 9. Today’s chance/cock up was as bad as I have seen for us

He’s had a fairly modest career, he’s nowhere near as good as a fully fit Alfie or Roofe, so he’s a £1.8m 3rd choice striker, a squad player doing ok, no more than that.

We need 3 new strikers to replace all 3 of them (and many more goals from other areas) if we’ve any chance of winning the title next season.

It’s going to be helluva squad “revamp” in the summer.

But what does that say about our other strikers when he's scored 17 goals and he's been out injured a few months?
Our other striker has scored 10 which is less than our right-back.

We need two strikers in the summer whether we keep Colak or not Morelos is done and Roofes always injured.

Let me be clear. None of our current strikers can/should be relied upon next season.

Morelos won’t be here next season but he should be starting every game until then as it gives us the better chance of winning.

We need 2 new strikers come the summer as Colak is a back up and Roofe is never fit.
Next season shouldn’t even come into it mate we have a trophy to win this season and only 1 striker should start to give us the best chance of winning it.

Wondered that too. They obviously rotated throughout and it's designed to confuse and disrupt the defence who've probably been given specific man marking roles but for the most part up until the subs he was mainly on the right, Kent through the middle and Sakala in a more or less free role. Every one of them was like a fish out of water for long spells today. Found it bizarre and it impacted our build up play early on. Let's be honest though, he had a howler all game whether he was right, central or at the halfway line.

Edit: I like him as a player and only Roofe in the squad has the poaching instinct to score the goal he did against Hibs imo so not bashing him for bashings sake, just being honest about his performance today.
Yes, he was poor as were a number of other players I have said it since the game, our passing was miles off it and the combination of Jack Lundstram and Cantwell did not work at all.

We need strikers as better strikers could transform our team.

Last edited:
If a kid made that decision in schools football you would be having a word. To be so unaware of your surroundings at that level of football is a worry.

I am not sure what was going through the big man's head. To not cut the ball back was an incredible decision but to hit the ball the way he did was just pure insanity. I suspect he'll be getting ripped by the rest of the players as it was a moment of pure madness.

It didn't affect the end result of the game but it's the kind of decision making that gives the manager every right to drop you.

I like Colak. I think he's a really good big striker. His overall play is much better than he is given credit for and his work rate is excellent but he lost the f**king plot over that one. :))
This is always the thing for me.
I can usually live with the correct option being badly executed, unless it’s too often.
Bad thinking though, I find difficult to forgive.
Especially having been told, over forty years ago, that one of the big differences between being good and being more than good, can be how often, and how quickly, you make the correct decision.

Guy beside me had a bet, Rangers to get x number of corners, Slattery to get booked and Sakala to score twice, was for quite a significant lift, we were all pissed at Colak but he was going absolutely mental!!

Square it or shoot and hit the target (and score). Don’t do what he done - his effort on goal was miles away!

Hate being critical of any of our players but he really should have done so much better.

Not his best performance for us today.

We need a striker with that mcoist ability to be in the right place at the right time and the gaul of morelos . Will we get that striker. I doubt it I fo know that if we go into next season with colak and fashion as our forward 2 we are in trouble..

I like Colak but that was an absolute shocker yesterday. I’d have subbed him immediately after it and I’d drop him for the next few games too.

He played for himself in that moment yesterday and that’s not what I’d want from a player if I was the manager.

Colak has 3 goals from his last 13 league games which is terrible for a Rangers striker. His goals at the beginning of the season has really padded his stats.

It’s funny you say that Colak’s early season form is padding his stats.

Would it surprise you to hear that Alfie has scored a total of 26 league goals after Christmas in his 6 seasons with us?

It was bad but nowhere like van vossen who really was one of the worst players in a Rangers Jersey in my 50 yrs of living.
I'm 40 and Van Vossen is absolutely nowhere near that.

Horrible miss definitely but he was a decent player.

Back