Most popular Rangers forum?

Gersforum was brilliant back in the day. Ended up getting a good 5 a side tournament and bevvy one summer which was a good laugh.
Some really good posters on there before it died out.
Never used to come on FF until then.
I was in it
me, my mate scott, and few lads from gersforum :D

I'd love to know the reasons behind it to.
He was married to the daughter of one of the Mods . Posters had been trying to get him banned for a long time, but in the end someone found out his personal details and threatened him over the phone . This scared him off .
He was a Celtic casual from the old days but had made many enemies in Glasgow and had fled to Belfast by the time he was posting on that forum.

He was married to the daughter of one of the Mods. Posters had been trying to get him banned for a long time, but in the end someone found out his personal details and threatened him over the phone . This seemed to scare him off .
I remember this lol

RM was decent for a while in its early days, then it became a bit obsessed with RMvFF, which was tiresome. As had been mentioned earlier it then went pro-Spiv, which was just weird and I've not been back on for years.

I'm on Gersnet as well, and enjoy it being a bit more sedate than here, and it's good to be on both.
I hope you are keeping well, BD. I was on the Gersnet for about 15 years and loved it. Unfortunately, towards the end, I was becoming more and more disillusioned by a few posters dominating threads with strong political views. There was another reason, but that was really only the final drop that made the cup flow over. I will say the Gersnet is probably one of the best moderated forums around, although the number of posters is nothing like here. 26-of-foot is also probably one of the best writers I have read on any Ranger's forum. His BBC thread is a masterclass of writing. I really miss that, and he puts many Journalists to shame. All the best mate.

I’m still friends with Gaztron and Chunky Dawz (and Stu1903 who I forgot posted on Gers Forum too!). Gaz and Dawz are both on here although Gaz is a lurker

I also became good friends with Eirebear and still see him fairly regularly.

Noticed Sub hadn’t posted on here for a while. Hope he’s good as he’s a brilliant poster.

Last edited:
I hope you are keeping well, BD. I was on the Gersnet for about 15 years and loved it. Unfortunately, towards the end, I was becoming more and more disillusioned by a few posters dominating threads with strong political views. There was another reason, but that was really only the final drop that made the cup flow over. I will say the Gersnet is probably one of the best moderated forums around, although the number of posters is nothing like here. 26-of-foot is also probably one of the best writers I have read on any Ranger's forum. His BBC thread is a masterclass of writing. I really miss that, and he puts many Journalists to shame. All the best mate.
Yes, well thanks, mate. Yeah, I tend to stay away from the political threads on the whole these days, but sympathise with what you've said.
Yes, 26th of foot is a great writer. He was a well-respected poster on here under a different name prior to 2008. Hopefully we'll see you back on Gersnet some day.

He was married to the daughter of one of the Mods . Posters had been trying to get him banned for a long time, but in the end someone found out his personal details and threatened him over the phone . This scared him off .
He was a Celtic casual from the old days but had made many enemies in Glasgow and had fled to Belfast by the time he was posting on that forum.
He wasn't married to any of any Admins family, don't even know where that comes from

I reckon this has to be one of the biggest “single genre” (can’t think of a better term) forums out there

Obviously there’s busier forums out there that are dedicated to a wider genre probably even a couple busier forums maybe like Man United but I can’t think of a music comparison. I can’t imagine there’s a busy Lionel Ritchie forum for example :D

We could combine Lionel Ritchie and FF and start a new forum.

Hello, Hello.

Yes, well thanks, mate. Yeah, I tend to stay away from the political threads on the whole these days, but sympathise with what you've said.
Yes, 26th of foot is a great writer. He was a well-respected poster on here under a different name prior to 2008. Hopefully we'll see you back on Gersnet some day.
Covenanter?

I have been on FF pretty much since I first got a computer in the late 90's. FF has always been my home for Rangers on the Internet and there are some really good folk on here who would think nothing of helping another bear in need as it's been shown time and time again.

I am also a moderator on the Rangers subreddit which almost has the same amount of members as here now, but no where near the same actual content. I don't bother with any other Rangers related social media.

I've never really bothered with Rangers forums bar this.

It seems too much like hard work signing up for multiple ones. There's probably a load of decent content across them, but usually decent articles are shared on social media anyway.

I tried RM and Gersnet a while back but preferred here and I’ve been here and on the old pro board before it too. 20 odd years of laughs, madness and verbal battles! Lol

I reckon this has to be one of the biggest “single genre” (can’t think of a better term) forums out there

Obviously there’s busier forums out there that are dedicated to a wider genre probably even a couple busier forums maybe like Man United but I can’t think of a music comparison. I can’t imagine there’s a busy Lionel Ritchie forum for example :D
I sometimes read other forums when their teams are playing and the Man United one is brain damage. Real Man United fans must get sick of a lot of their new found fans.

I was on RM for years and I really enjoyed it but it tended to be dominated by a handful of posters which became boring in the end.
I was serving a ban on here around that time so signed up for RM to keep up with the nonsense on the board room and I just couldn’t get in to it. Don’t know if this place is just moderated better than RM and the lunatics are quickly called out.

I was on RM for years, it was a good laugh at times. Had a few roasters that ruined it for everyone else. I got a 30 day ban for something stupid, signed up here and have never been back.

Similar to the poster above haha

Did RM years ago which I enjoyed back then, especially pre-2012; came on here in the early days of Gerrard, I think it was.

I always liked Gersnet, but found that there is very little difference of opinion. I suppose that being a relatively small forum that you will find common ground more often than not. Unlike on here, where any issue (perhaps other than the SNP and Scottish independence) has bipolar opposites! Look at the Morelos comments - very few seeing both sides of the story.

Gersforum was great, it’s a shame the way it went.

Always remember some user called Andy posting about how his bird was cheating on him with some other guy in the woods.

Guy got the pish ripped right out him for moaning about it on the forum rather than doing something about it. Someone even made a cartoon about it :))

Always remember some user called Andy posting about how his bird was cheating on him with some other guy in the woods.

Guy got the pish ripped right out him for moaning about it on the forum rather than doing something about it. Someone even made a cartoon about it :))
Think it was a user rabrfc that made that. Was hilarious. There was a bracelet story as well (Chris something) can’t mind if that was here or Gersforum though.

Absolute genius stuff post, wish I could find it :D

Gersforum was great back in the day. I went on a few months ago and it was pretty sad, every thread just seemed to be one poster talking to himself.

I found it very childish and definitely for the younger generation
Posted briefly on it but it felt very clique like, which is weird for a forum. Also some posters on there had an obsession with running down this forum and certain posters. Not for me.

Back