Match Thread Scotland v Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dykes could he would be a first pick they couldnt handle him.

It does not make you a football expert because you get excited over every foreign mob Rangers or Scotland play. Spain were terrible and they knew it thats why they started on the ref right away.

See the stat above. As good as Dykes was, you're still on the sauce from last night if you think Spain are calling up a guy who struggles to score goals in the English Championship.

Outstanding result for Scotland. I thought we had a chance when I saw their starting line-up. They either had an injury crisis or seriously underestimated us because they made 8 changes and mostly played a back-up side.

They definitely underestimated Scotland. Not a smart thing to do especially at Hampden.

Last edited:
I see Rodri is moaning about the way Scotland played. Time wasting, fouling etc which is a wee bit rich coming from one of the countries who mastered those dark arts long before others caught up.

Total riddy.

The brass neck of a Spaniard to say those words out loud:

"It's the way they play...for me it's a bit rubbish. Because it's always wasting time. They provoke you. They always fall. For me, this is not football."

Scotland played like a st mirren or Killie side , something we all despise every week ,yet now are lauding the tactics.
Thankfully I'm neither up nor down on the result as good as it is. Just the hypocrisy of slagging of rodri and his comments for stating the truth as it is .
I said on Sunday I thought this game would suit Clarke. It's effectively like taking a Kilmarnock to Ibrox or parkhead. Clarkes prob had more success as a manager against the old firm than anyone else since we came back into the league

Scotland played like a st mirren or Killie side , something we all despise every week ,yet now are lauding the tactics.
Thankfully I'm neither up nor down on the result as good as it is. Just the hypocrisy of slagging of rodri and his comments for stating the truth as it is .
I don't think you watched the game. For a Spaniard to moan about dirty tricks and diving is beyond laughable.

I
I don't think you watched the game. For a Spaniard to moan about dirty tricks and diving is beyond laughable.
Watched the game ,one slip one deflection , one breakaway deflects off defender good shot. Then don't leave your own half fall over ,feign injury time waste rinse and repeat.
Then get all big baws and have players like robertson try leave one on a player to play to the crowd. Then a scumbag like porteous playact on another player not once but twice by cuddling his head. Scumbag behaviour.
Yeah I watched it .

I

Watched the game ,one slip one deflection , one breakaway deflects off defender good shot. Then don't leave your own half fall over ,feign injury time waste rinse and repeat.
Then get all big baws and have players like robertson try leave one on a player to play to the crowd. Then a scumbag like porteous playact on another player not once but twice by cuddling his head. Scumbag behaviour.
Yeah I watched it .
And did you conveniently miss the Spaniards tactics? They practically invented diving and time wasting.

I

Yeah I watched it .
This is a mental and farcical take on what was an outrageously good performance from a Scotland Team vs Spain. Completely missing out that Christie was very unlucky not to score, Dykes should score, McGinn hit the bar, Kepa claws one out from under the crossbar at a corner, Kepa makes a good save from Shankland, Their players attempting to cheat and win a pen, guys falling constantly and rolling about.

But when do you ever hear one of our players come out in a huff and slag St Mirren or Killie's tactics the way Rodri did? As fans of course we will, but as a player it smacks of being a sore loser - which he is.

This is a mental and farcical take on what was an outrageously good performance from a Scotland Team vs Spain. Completely missing out that Christie was very unlucky not to score, Dykes should score, McGinn hit the bar, Kepa claws one out from under the crossbar at a corner, Kepa makes a good save from Shankland, Their players attempting to cheat and win a pen, guys falling constantly and rolling about.
As I said I'm neither up nor down about the score last time I had any interest in Scotland was Italia 90. Dykes was a punt up the park and run from own half no composure, Christie il give it as a good play from mcginn to Christie who then toe pokes as he's lost control of the ball Infront of him from his last touch, wasnt going in at anytime.
Let's see if the Killie low block garbage football actually has us anywhere at end of campaign.

As I said I'm neither up nor down about the score last time I had any interest in Scotland was Italia 90. Dykes was a punt up the park and run from own half no composure, Christie il give it as a good play from mcginn to Christie who then toe pokes as he's lost control of the ball Infront of him from his last touch, wasnt going in at anytime.
Let's see if the Killie low block garbage football actually has us anywhere at end of campaign.
Beat Spain 2-0 and all you can find is that? I think you're taking the self loathing a bit too far. Scotland are being praised by everyone who watched the game, so your views are very much a minority (of one).

Fair enough mate. I do think with Hampden being a sell out each game its a clear representation that more of our fans are back watching. More younger ones will be attracted to go too now we have a good team etc.

As i said, for me, its time we claim back the National team. Understand others aren’t fussed but I love going to the games. Especially last night.
Yeah when I was a young man in the 60's and 70's the Scotland support was a majority Rangers fans it's now dominated with sheep shaggers and Rangers haters .

Beat Spain 2-0 and all you can find is that? I think you're taking the self loathing a bit too far. Scotland are being praised by everyone who watched the game, so your views are very much a minority (of one).
I think you will find I'm more than one ,but don't let my views on the result cloud your happiness.
I just don't care for the anti rangers scumbag behaviour of most things Scotland ,not to mention the years of sfa meddling in all things rangers .
Plus our football nation is backwater and praising that style if you can call it a style is what holds our leagues behind .

I think you will find I'm more than one ,but don't let my views on the result cloud your happiness.
I just don't care for the anti rangers scumbag behaviour of most things Scotland ,not to mention the years of sfa meddling in all things rangers .
Plus our football nation is backwater and praising that style if you can call it a style is what holds our leagues behind .
Your opinion certainly won't ruin my enjoyment of what was a great performance and result against a top nation. You sound as if you're wrapped up in hate and bitterness. That can't be good.

Some people don’t do irony on here.
Clarke had Scotland play like Kilmarnock, breaking game up , holding faces , wasting time , everything we hate about teams that play us.

Got the result but dreadful game of football.

Listen to yourself aha how exactly does us praising our players that play for Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal, etc. hold the likes of Kilmarnock back?

You said that we scored 2 lucky goals and didnt cross the halfway line after it. That simply isnt the case. Its fine to not be bothered about the national team but it does seem like you are trying a bit too hard.

I watched the game and didn't think that was the case, the match stats don't portray that being the case either.

Yes they had more possession than us, but we had more shots on goal and more clear cut chances than they did.

We were in their faces right from the start going forward, it wasn't an eleven men behind the ball catching them on the break job whatsoever.

Yeah when I was a young man in the 60's and 70's the Scotland support was a majority Rangers fans it's now dominated with sheep shaggers and Rangers haters .
That is unlikely to be true. According to a survey from a few years ago, we still make up the largest supported club at the scotland games. With Hampden now selling out for games, and us having the biggest support in the country, we are almost certainly still the biggest represented support in the crowd.

That is unlikely to be true. According to a survey from a few years ago, we still make up the largest supported club at the scotland games. With Hampden now selling out for games, and us having the biggest support in the country, we are almost certainly still the biggest represented support in the crowd.
Not a chance - where is this survey?

I don’t know 1 single season ticket holder that attends Scotland games. I find this extremely hard to believe.

If Aberdeen and other diddy clubs are such an irrelevance, why do some on here put so much importance on some of their diddy fans booing Rangers players? If they're irrelevant, treat them as such.

I

Yeah I watched it .
OK we get it, you don’t like the National side, I’m not a big fan either, but ffs you come across as being totally bitter.

Go and support the national team then. I don't understand the obsession from certain Rangers fans to dislike the national team.

It's attitudes like that that make folk think we hate our own country.

We can love Scotland and Britain alike. Folk thinking differently have been pushed into it by the years of divisive politics. They are acting like sheep.

With more or less the same squad they had in 2008?

My point, generally, is that the squad who faced Scotland last night is nowhere near the same team they had 10 or so years ago.

“A dominant Scotland performance”, I’ve heard a few say. Please. It was a gritty performance against, no longer, an elite side on the evidence of last night.

No, your exact point was that they were on a huge decline after 2008 which was absolute gibberish

Go and support the national team then. I don't understand the obsession from certain Rangers fans to dislike the national team.

It's attitudes like that that make folk think we hate our own country.

We can love Scotland and Britain alike. Folk thinking differently have been pushed into it by the years of divisive politics. They are acting like sheep.
And listen to "supporters" boo Rangers' players? No thanks.

The vast majority of Scotland fans despise Rangers. Absolutely despise everything about us.

I want the team to do well, but you would not find me at at Scotland game.

I'm no sheep - i'm making an informed decision based on the hatred towards my club and people.

No, your exact point was that they were on a huge decline after 2008 which was absolute gibberish
Wrong.

The real point is that the squad that played Scotland last night was largely a B team of a first team that is absolutely nowhere near the top of international football currently. That's fact.

It was a gritty/solid performance.

The vast majority of Scotland fans despise Rangers. Absolutely despise everything about us.

I'm no sheep - i'm making an informed decision based on the hatred towards my club and people.
If we are the majority of the support they won't boo our players.

We seem to have chosen to surrender our national team to small club people. We should really take it back.

If we are the majority of the support they won't boo our players.

We seem to have chosen to surrender our national team to small club people. We should really take it back.
Many of us never went away and still regularly attend. Most of these stories come from
People who have never been to a game in years/ ever in my experience, save fir a few isolated incidents that do not represent the majority of those attending.

Some people don’t do irony on here.
Clarke had Scotland play like Kilmarnock, breaking game up , holding faces , wasting time , everything we hate about teams that play us.

Got the result but dreadful game of football.

yet we have Rangers fans saying "we need to be more streetwise" or have "better game management"

Well that is part of it, sad but true. Saw it throughout the decades at all levels.

Many of us never went away and still regularly attend. Most of these stories come from
People who have never been to a game in years/ ever in my experience, save fir a few isolated incidents that do not represent the majority of those attending.
Like when loud audible boos could be heard when Ryan Jack played for Scotland at Pittodrie, or when Ian Black came on?

When at their club games, perhaps. The same way we would despise them. At a scotland game, you are massively incorrect.

I would question the accuracy of this survey from 2019. Do not buy it.
So, just so I understand this, I made the point and your response was 'nonsense, where was this survey'. You are then provided with the survey from the SFA (who apparently 'hate' us and I am sure would be unlikely to show us in a positive light) and your response is basically 'Yeah well, I dont like those results so I just wont believe them'.

I think if all Rangers Fans who were scottish were surveyed, and not just the noisy minority on a football forum, you would find the results very surprising.

There was another SSC survey done last year, I filled it out but can't remember if it asked about club allegiances or not.

When at their club games, perhaps. The same way we would despise them. At a scotland game, you are massively incorrect.
Cept when it comes to booing Rangers players who are playing for the team they are support natch. Whether a tiny minority or not it happens. A question to you if, if some arse next to you gives it to Ryan Jack what do you do? Ignore it? Giggle sheepishly? Tell the prick to button it? What?

Cept when it comes to booing Rangers players who are playing for the team they are support natch. Whether a tiny minority or not it happens. A question to you if, if some arse next to you gives it to Ryan Jack what do you do? Ignore it? Giggle sheepishly? Tell the prick to button it? What?
Given I didnt attend the one game it happened, which was in Aberdeen in about 2017, and I havent heard it at any Scotland game at Hampden ever (despite not having missed one since Ryan Jack was in primary school) I have never had to think about the answer.

However, If i was to hear a couple of guys booing him I would imagine I would completely ignore them like 50,000 others and concentrate on the game since I am not a bam.

It was incredible. Atmosphere was outstanding. What a performance. Thats how you get fans back onside from all over the country.

People who don’t think clarke is doing an unbelievable job are either clueless or trying too hard.
Of course he's doing a good job. When I witnessed scotland beat spain 3-1 in 85, the manager had the likes of souness, dalglish along with mo johnstone and many more. What Clark has to work with these days, makes this even more of a good result.

yet we have Rangers fans saying "we need to be more streetwise" or have "better game management"

Well that is part of it, sad but true. Saw it throughout the decades at all levels.
Better game management- doesn’t mean blatant cheating.
If Scotland fans are happy with that great.
Not for me.

Of course he's doing a good job. When I witnessed scotland beat spain 3-1 in 85, the manager had the likes of souness, dalglish along with mo johnstone and many more. What Clark has to work with these days, makes this even more of a good result.
100% mate. As I said, people who dont see it are either clueless or trying too hard. The early pages of this thread talking about 3-0 spain etc in each half, how bad the team selection in midfield and defence looked etc. All nonsense.

Given I didnt attend the one game it happened, which was in Aberdeen in about 2017, and I havent heard it at any Scotland game at Hampden ever (despite not having missed one since Ryan Jack was in primary school) I have never had to think about the answer.

However, If i was to hear a couple of guys booing him I would imagine I would completely ignore them like 50,000 others and concentrate on the game since I am not a bam.
I think its been established it happened on saturday. You cant wish it away. It happened. So telling an arse to shut it who was booing a player of the team you were both supporting would make you a Bam?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back