Union Bears banner at stadium

Everyone deserves constructive criticism at times, but the timing of this is senseless.

It feels like they spent a load on these banners, so we better keep protesting, despite the fact we're in good form and the future looks bright.

When is the right time?

Form counts for nothing unless we win trophies. Lost one already, league is heading to them again. Aye future looks great.

I disagree, I don't think the squad needs a monumental rebuild, and we'll see what happens.

7 first teamers out of contract this summer. Another four next summer.

The manager has already brought in two nailed on starters and wants another five minimum this summer.

If 7 positions from a first choice starting XI over six months isn't a massive rebuild then what is ?

One Scottish cup win each season is not acceptable to me. Especially when we were so far in front in the league and sorry I do not celebrate failure. We may have got to the Europa League final but we did not win it.

And also this protest isn’t about Park or any of the other investors. How much money has Robertson put in may I ask?
100%.
Anything but victory for our club is failure.
Aye the UEL run was amazing, something we will always treasure but we fell at the final hurdle. 2nd place counts for nothing even in a major European final.

Our club is built and saturated in success and victory. The last 6/7 years we’ve been starved of it. One league win & one SC is simply not good enough. Yes the board freed the shackles of the spivs and overseen arguably the greatest and most meaningful title triumph in our history but it doesn’t stop at that. We have to keep going, keep improving, keep winning. It’s what the club is all about and what we all deserve.

I'm gonna go against the grain. They should stick to what they are good at - backing the team.

That's not to say some of our staff shouldn't be under pressure but, for me, this is the wrong way.

The support can’t win.

Do something about it then if you’re not happy…

Then when they do, this isn’t the right way? What’s the right way. Sit down, shut up, pay your money and support the team and clap for failure?

Exactly. Do it inside and there would be threads later saying they should concentrate on the football and it’s not the time and place. Do it outside 5 hours before kick off and people saying they shouldn’t be doing it then

When’s the best time for them to do it?
Exactly. A lot of the posts disagreeing are all caveated with 'people of course have the right to protest' but don't do it now, or then and don't do it there either.

Basically don't do it is what they mean.

It's less than a year since Seville and our SC win. We've hardly been starved of good times.

The board's going nowhere and nor should they, until they feel there's men or women with deep pockets and Rangers best interests at heart, to replace them.
The two faces on the banner that the protests are aimed at aren't the folk with deep pockets though, they're paid employees of the club who plenty of our fans feel are underperforming in their jobs.

The subservient, dignified silence approach is why the support gets passed about like an old scudbook and the club’s overall performance is mediocre. Gio paid the price for his failure, why not Wilson and Robertson?

100% back the UB.

You can disagree with their approach sometimes but I applaud and support them being proactive and actually doing something.

Too many were sleepwalking under Murray, were sleepwalking under Green and want to continue sleepwalking.

Comparisons to Murray & Green ffs ?!

Are we going to have a protest and demand resignations every time we lose an OF?

The two faces on the banner that the protests are aimed at aren't the folk with deep pockets though, they're paid employees of the club who plenty of our fans feel are underperforming in their jobs.

But the board and Michael Beale disagree.

Are we going to have a protest and demand resignations every time we lose an OF?
Losing the OF is 100% not the cause. This was happening regardless of if we won the LCF or not. That just brought it back to the forefront even more

Don’t know why people seem think this is a direct consequence of losing that game. These feelings have been here for a long time before that

Fully agree with this. Still can’t believe people think Robertson and Wilson own Rangers lol and that by wanting them out you want the club sold to mystery folks.

Wilson is a failure.

Robertson has been here for 8 years and whilst there has been definite operational progress, we still lack the cutting edge and professionalism that Rangers deserves. It’s time for change.
Clearly Dave King and now Douglas Park seem to think he is the right man for the role.

The manager clearly has a good relationship with Wilson.

Police didn't decide last time. UB decided to go in huff and not enter stadium. Police removed banners.
I struggle to believe the police removed anything they weren’t asked by the board to remove.

I have literally never heard of that happening at any other time to any other club in the country ever. It’s more than suspicious that it seems to have first happened at a time the board are under pressure

Losing the OF is 100% not the cause. This was happening regardless of if we won the LCF or not. That just brought it back to the forefront even more

Don’t know why people seem think this is a direct consequence of losing that game. These feelings have been here for a long time before that
Yet the protests seemed to come after that came

I'm not keen to be honest.

Do I think Robertson and Wilson are doing an outstanding job? No.

But this is quite "timmy" in terms of a demo.

Don't give any passing scum a giggle at our expense.

giphy.gif

It’s pretty tame compared to what other Ultra groups across Europe do to put pressure on their board. This is a pretty peaceful protest tbh.

At the end of the day they are an ultra group, so it always makes me laugh when people in our support seem to get offended at some of their actions
Ultra group. What does that mean? They are supporters like the rest of us.

I back them as something does have to change or is everyone happy with the other team raking up more trebles and passing our trophy count soon

Comparisons to Murray & Green ffs ?!

No we won't and that's not what's happened.

If you're not willing to engage your brain and actually consider why the support is unhappy then please yourself. The idea there's this much unrest due to one loss to them is ludicrous.

Don't agree by all means but you're just being willfully ignorant in dismissing this as inpatience.

Ultra group. What does that mean? They are supporters like the rest of us.
Yes, they are supporters like the rest of us, but when you call yourself an ultra group you are typically saying that you may get involved in other things away from creating displays and atmospheres to back the team during games.

Ultra groups across Europe have been known to literally turn up at their clubs training grounds and essentially attack the place to get their point across, so a couple of banners hours before kick off is pretty tame, mate.

A lot of people were extremely critical about the board before that.

Out of interest, How many cup finals/failed league campaigns does it take before you’d want change?

Don't know

The current situation is what I anticipated when we were put down to the lower leagues in 2012. Struggling to keep up with our direct opponent who had access to years of massive finance advantage in our absence. For the most part played out like I thought it would at the time, although I couldn't forsee covid and the impact it had, an unbeaten league season and our European success.

Celtics position of strength is more of a problem than what we are doing as a club, IMO.

Important month coming up this is becoming a bit of sideshow when we should all be behind the club 100%

I’m not convinced by the explanation the board gave for the UB’s not getting in to the ground the other week, so I am interested to see how this afternoon pans out

The UBs chose to now go into the ground themselves. They took the huff as their banner got taken off them. Nobody stopped them going into the game

Don't know

The current situation is what I anticipated when we were put down to the lower leagues in 2012. Struggling to keep up with our direct opponent who had access to years of massive finance advantage in our absence. For the most part played out like I thought it would at the time, although I couldn't forsee covid and the impact it had, an unbeaten league season and our European success.

Celtics position of strength is more of a problem than what we are doing as a club, IMO.
Point doesn’t really hold up since we did win the league title and they were clearly quite a bit behind us quality wise at that stage.

The fact we didn’t kick on and assert dominance domestically after 55 is quite appalling really. We let them completely rebuild their squad, bring in an unheard of new manager and win a league and cup double the very next season. It’s actually ludicrous

The UBs chose to now go into the ground themselves. They took the huff as their banner got taken off them. Nobody stopped them going into the game
Fair point, I made a mess of saying they were stopped from entering. I don’t however believe the police took a banner off them that they weren’t asked to remove by the board.

I believe the banners removed were aimed at Robertson and Wilson

Robertson…hmm, there’s just something off about this guy. We never really see or hear much from him and anytime we do, personally I have never been impressed with him and I have a nagging feeling he regards most of us with contempt and for the money he’s on which is probably a hefty sum I think we can do better…much better than him. Regarding Wilson, this job is equally if not more important than the chief executive position and the question every Rangers fan should be asking is what are his qualifications for such a massively important role? We have limited cash available and so what money we do have at our disposal MUST be spent wisely and quite simply too much money has been wasted and so I think it’s only right many supporters are questioning the wisdom of continuing with these two men in their jobs.

Do you hear a lot from Celtic Chief Executive?

Do you even know what his name is? I just had to Google it

I'm gonna go against the grain. They should stick to what they are good at - backing the team.

That's not to say some of our staff shouldn't be under pressure but, for me, this is the wrong way.

I genuinely don't think a single member of the UB could tell you what either Robertson or Wilson's role is within the club.

For me the Union Bears come across like a wannabe Green Brigade.

The only group who were onto the spivs from minute one.

They also protested against Ashley whilst others told them that he was a billionaire who knew what he was doing, or who told them that selling the naming rights to Ibrox was money for old rope.

Oddly enough some or those people would become leading lights in the Spivs oot movement and would later claim to have been against them from minute one despite evidence to the contrary.

The word Revisionst comes to mind.

Point doesn’t really hold up since we did win the league title and they were clearly quite a bit behind us quality wise at that stage.

The fact we didn’t kick on and assert dominance domestically after 55 is quite appalling really. We let them completely rebuild their squad, bring in an unheard of new manager and win a league and cup double the very next season. It’s actually ludicrous

Here we go again

We had no money, they had loads of money.

"We let them rebuild their squad"

Well exactly confirms my point, they had 50m plus available to do it over 18 months.

We lost 23m the year of 55. We were told by the owners when they took over they would front load investment to win the league again then we would become self sustaining. This is what is happening.

We have a direct opponent with a major financial advantage over us. We have had one decent set of accounts in the last 15 years, they have been building on a successful base over that time period.

Why do people not get it?

I'm not absolving mistakes in the transfer market by the way, there has been some, but when we are being outspent at a rate of 2 to 1, then even if we get everything 100% spot on we are still unlikely to beat them to leagues and cups the majority of the time.

And your proof? What would you rather Robertson do? Wilson sold three players for £45m. We got to a European final. We’re still suffering from the effects of 2012.
Do you think we’ve replaced the players who were sold well ? Do you think our transfer business over last 2/3 seasons has been acceptable ?let’s be real here, majority of our signings have been very underwhelming under Ross Wilson regardless of the fees spent and that’ll only continue. He was hunted from Southampton for the same.

If we won the LCF they wouldn't be happening.

I appreciate and respect the right to protest, however I don't believe it takes sight of the bugger picture.

I asked on a previous thread about this, how long does a replacement in either role get to have the club back on top?
This in a nutshell, we turn up at Hampden and win, there isn't anywhere near as much doom and gloom.

It's really not Wilson and Robertsons fault that the filth are having a freakish season and not dropping many points, we are on the 30th game and they have dropped points in 2 games, that's practically unheard of.

So do you need to be a company director or an accountant to criticise the board now?

I’m pretty sure anyone with eyes can see that Wilson has wasted a large proportion of his budget on players that aren’t good enough. You don’t need to have industry experience to know that
It would be helpful if those criticising would specify the exact nature of their criticisms which would probably entail the critics having sufficient knowledge of what those they are criticising actual job targets involve. So who are the critics, are they successful business people or are they sixth year pupils? You seem to be content to support the view/s of who? Do they have cogent well thought out opinion based on substantive evidence or are they just pissed off because the scum are winning things and we aren’t? I judge it to be the latter.

Neither Robertson nor Wilson are RIFC board directors. And I’ll say it again Beale, on behalf of Gerrard, GVB and Beale, as manager, have said that Wilson has not signed a 1st team player that those three managers didn’t sanction. Were there players those managers wanted that weren’t signed, absolutely. One example was Doekhi (?) who decided on Union Berlin rather than us. Frankly I’m amazed that any players that have other options choose the footballing backwater of Scotland.

Here we go again

We had no money, they had loads of money.

"We let them rebuild their squad"

Well exactly confirms my point, they had 50m plus available to do it over 18 months.

We lost 23m the year of 55. We were told by the owners when they took over they would front load investment to win the league again then we would become self sustaining. This is what is happening.

We have a direct opponent with a major financial advantage over us. We have had one decent set of accounts in the last 15 years, they have been building on a successful base over that time period.

Why do people not get it?

I'm not absolving mistakes in the transfer market by the way, there has been some, but when we are being outspent at a rate of 2 to 1, then even if we get everything 100% spot on we are still unlikely to beat them to leagues and cups the majority of the time.
We had a title winning squad that won the league by a huge points margin, I am sorry but I won’t be accepting the utter collapse we witnessed. The fact that lot turned it around at the first go of trying is abysmal.

We have a horrendous trait of blowing whatever money we do have on complete garbage. They clearly have more money but they don’t spend large chunks on individual players, so it isn’t an excuse when we are chucking money down the drain at players like Matondo

The Sydney Friendly.

Outrageously high ticket prices for European games.

Allowing key assets to continually enter the last year of their contracts and run them down.

An online ticket platform that is so laughable you suspect you're on a hidden camera show when trying to use it.

Continual failure in the transfer market in terms of recruitment.

Not sure what any of the above has to do with that mob's budget?

Back