Souttar

Keeps the ball, knows when to lamp it, good to very good passing, breaks the lines.

Not sure why Europe would frighten him.

I don’t think it’ll frighten him but I’m not sure he’s good enough for that yet.

He’s up against a far better standard of player than Curtis Main.

I don’t think it’ll frighten him but I’m not sure he’s good enough for that yet.

That's the same for everyone though, isn't it? He can only play against what's in front of him.

He will cause problems at set pieces as well which is a real bonus.

We always use the quality of the league to downplay the performances by any youth players or players signed from smaller clubs in this league... il bet you dont say aye well Tillman/Hagi/Morelos/Cantwell scored but it was only against the shite up here so it means very little.

Played well and he is strong on the ball which will be a huge help. Hard to get excited about him though - until he proves he can play consistently for us without getting injured then we are all just awaiting the next issue.

If he can stay fit, he will he a very strong 3rd choice centre half.

Not a go at you but more than a few people have moved from "not good enough" to the above opinion.
I had my doubts on ability. I felt he was doing brilliantly for Hearts when he was fit but I still wasn't convinced.

He's making me look like an idiot on that point and I'm pleased to be wrong. If he can stay fit for the majority of the season he will be a big player for us over next few seasons.

Assume he’s played European / International matches against players superior to Curtis

Of course it’s wise to be considerate of this so ye we will hopefully get the chnace to see him play CLG in August to see how he scales up

Quite a few on follow follow saying he was a Hearts level CB not so long ago

It took me a while to be convinced of his quality I admit and I still think there’s some rawness to him but he should be a solid partner for Goldson and will hopefully reach Goldson’s level in the next couple of years as a result, I’m just wondering if there’s another level above that we need as well for Europe/Celtic.

He's been playing well and is a goal threat at set pieces, if we can keep him fit he'll show to be a very good signing.

Said the day we signed him he'd make his mark...

FFsjQLKWUAE11sa

2700.jpg

0_JS299607879.jpg

If he can stay fit he's a future Rangers Captain.

I don't get why there are some people acting all smug, I don't think I saw any posts ever questioning his ability, everything was concerning his fitness which was a valid concern, I think we were in agreement a fit Souttar would be an asset but looking at the evidence people were worried if we would ever see that, thankfully we are

I love the way he sells the attacker the dummy in our box then steps by him and starts us off going forward.

For me it feels like when Jack gets a run and people get carried away. It’s been an injury-plagued season, exactly as we feared. Hopefully his and our luck changes next season.
I am not getting carried away the real test is when we are playing 3 games a week on a regular basis, I was just trying to point out that I don't think anyone questioned his ability

I am not getting carried away the real test is when we are playing 3 games a week on a regular basis, I was just trying to point out that I don't think anyone questioned his ability
I know you aren’t, and I agree with your point. Though a few were ready to send him back to Hearts after we drew to Livingston on the first day :))

I know you aren’t, and I agree with your point. Though a few were ready to send him back to Hearts after we drew to Livingston on the first day :))
he was someone I personally was never going to pin my hopes on of being a regular, I think when he got injured it was a case of well this was inevitable as I have said in another thread hopefully he has got all his injuries sorted as a fit Souttar looks a real asset

I'll echo what most people are saying. If he can stay fit he'll be some player for us.

An absolute unit at the back and his ability to step out with the ball and find a pass is brilliant too.

Big man’s been class since coming into the team last few games, even at the Piggery I remember thinking he had played well before the pass back aberration. He’s showed balls to come back from that and perform well. That to me shows he’s got the mentality to make it as a Rangers CH. As well as being a really good strong defender I’ve been surprised at how good he can ‘play’. Fingers crossed his fitness issues are behind him but we have to be mindful of that in drawing up our defensive options for next season. As far as next season goes and what those defensive options should look like, on proviso Sterling is a done deal I would:
Sell Davies and Barasic
Sign 2 x CH’s
Loan out King and Devine

Giving us:
Full backs- Tav, Yilmaz, Sterling (can cover both sides and auxiliary CH cover as well)

CH- Goldson, Souttar + 2 x new (if one was Trusty that would be further FB cover)

The above feels like a nice blend to me and allows King and Devine to go out and get much needed game time under their belts, would need to be at SPL level (with January call back option for emergencies).

He reminds me of Craig Moore the way he defends quite aggressive and will put his body on the line.

Far better on the ball than Moore and the way he steps out with the ball thro the lines is something we've not really seen from our Centre backs.

Great passer as well just hope his injury woes are behind him as hes got the right ingredients to be a 1st pick.

Outstanding again. Won everything in the air, great positional sense and willing to stride forward with the ball. His range of passing is also very good. If he can stay fit, he should be a fixture in the team.
That can't be relied upon so if you build a squad where he's one of your starting XI it's basically planning to play with a worse player than him as your cb in every important game.

If he's the 3rd or 4th cb and you are expecting a better player to start then he's a fine squad option who could hopefully give us 20 acceptable rotation games per year.

I’ve never doubted his quality, it was his injury record that concerned everybody
Said before, he stays fit and healthy then he’ll do a great job for us

To be fair, some do deserve this rammed up them.
Too many wrote the lad off because of an error against Livingston.
He is certainly on the road to making his critics look very silly.
Still keeping my powder dry well dryish. He needs to stay fit, however when he made that mistake people on here tagged and dug me out and had a good laugh but I won't tag them back....yet.

I stand by what I said though if he stays fit he is a better CB than Goldson.

He reminds me of Craig Moore the way he defends quite aggressive and will put his body on the line.

Far better on the ball than Moore and the way he steps out with the ball thro the lines is something we've not really seen from our Centre backs.

Great passer as well just hope his injury woes are behind him as hes got the right ingredients to be a 1st pick.

He reminds me a little bit more of Bougherra.

Strong, aggressive and in the way he bursts forward with the ball from the backline.

Probably get abuse for this but at their best I think he is better than Goldson.

Much better on the ball than Goldson as in bringing the ball out and wins absolutely everything in the air.

He can actually intercept a cross or cut back aswell which is a good change in our defence.

Probably get abuse for this but at their best I think he is better than Goldson.

Much better on the ball than Goldson as in bringing the ball out and wins absolutely everything in the air.

He can actually intercept a cross or cut back aswell which is a good change in our defence.

And when he headers it, it goes outward not upward. And he can cut out low crosses from the right.

He reminds me a little bit more of Bougherra.

Strong, aggressive and in the way he bursts forward with the ball from the backline.

Yeah definitely the way he bursts forward with the ball confidently and with purpose it's great to see.

Defensively he reminds me of Moore that he's aggressive in attacking the ball in air and no scared to put his body on line blocking the ball.

He was fantastic again today. Solid defensively and very good at taking the ball out from the back. Hopefully his injury woes are behind him

He was fantastic again today. Solid defensively and very good at taking the ball out from the back. Hopefully his injury woes are behind him

Can’t be right. The football gurus on here were writing the guy off before he’d kicked a ball.

He’s very good.

I’ve tried to defend him at times on here over the past year and I’m glad he’s starting to show people how good he is.

Back