Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt it will be the Swansea lad, but the thought of us spending good money on a number 9 is exciting.

Nothing better than a striker who comes in and does the business, galvanising the support. Jelavic was the last one.

We might even have one FF troubadour pen the new man his own Coldplay-inspired ballad.

Just a question … but what players in the English championship have hit 20+ goals and we’re available for a small fee?

You score goals in that league and teams will pay silly fee’s historically - see our own martyn waghorn - scored 16 with Ipswich and went to derby for £6m
20 or close to it the past few years

Carlton Morris
Tom Bradshaw
Weimann
Karlan Grant
Emil Riis
Lewis Grabban
Nahki Wells
Billy Sharp

But like you say it wouldn't actually surprise me if these guys actually would cost you silly money

As posted much earlier in this thread, I think Joel Piroe would be absolutely outstanding for us.

But his fee will likely make it impossible sadly.

A Jelavic-type signing could be the difference between us winning the league or having to play second fiddle to them yet again.

Players like Douvikas or Piroe won't come cheap, but they look as though they have what it takes to fire us to the title we all crave.

Jelavic was a game changer of a signing. He was worth the chase, and every penny of his fee.

Walter Smith knew he would make all the difference for us in goals and assists and so it proved.

We desperately need a similar level of quality with the incoming number 9 next season. Not so much "can we afford him", imo It's very much a case of can we afford not to!
Jelavic cost £4m back in 2010, which in truth wasn’t a hell of a lot more then than it is now.

I do feel if we’re looking to spend a fee on a striker it probably needs to be in the £5-6m bracket, at least.

It’s all very well targeting Bosmans and players in the final year of their deals, but if that’s our sole criteria then we’re obviously reducing the options available to us.

There are definitely real bargains out there if we just know where to look.

If we spend £8m on a striker if this is what some think Piroe can be got for then I will be delighted, mainly on the basis that we’re not fucking about! I’ll trust Beale’s judgment on the players he brings in, as I can’t say I’ve heard of Piroe, but I assume he’s got 30 goals plus at that price.

One of Piroes biggest strengths is holding the ball and bringing others into play seems an all round striker who knows where the goal is.

Definitely the type of striker we will target this summer.

Did Beale not say we’re already a good bit down the line on signing a striker? As mentioned above, non negotiable having a new number 9 in for the qualifiers

Been wondering myself about this. Palma isn’t exactly a fast winger type.We have a dire need for speed and I haven’t seen any talk of one flying winger yet, unusual.
Alongside the two wide guys we are linked with We should remember we have matondo Sakala and Lawrence too .

If they leave then of course you can try and replace with similar skills

Been wondering myself about this. Palma isn’t exactly a fast winger type.We have a dire need for speed and I haven’t seen any talk of one flying winger yet, unusual.
We've been linked with Parfait Guiagon of Maccabi Tel Aviv. Plays as a left winger or attacking midfielder. He looks quite quick going by YouTube clips, but more importantly, he's a ball carrier with great dribbling skills.

A player with that skill set could be good for breaking down teams that love to play the low block against us, when speed isn't really that much use.

We've been linked with Parfait Guiagon of Maccabi Tel Aviv. Plays as a left winger or attacking midfielder. He looks quite quick going by YouTube clips, but more importantly, he's a ball carrier with great dribbling skills.

A player with that skill set could be good for breaking down teams that love to play the low block against us, when speed isn't really that much use.
Where’s this link from mate?

If we spend £8m on a striker if this is what some think Piroe can be got for then I will be delighted, mainly on the basis that we’re not fucking about! I’ll trust Beale’s judgment on the players he brings in, as I can’t say I’ve heard of Piroe, but I assume he’s got 30 goals plus at that price.
What’s 8m to the club the majority of the ST takings ? And that’s only the xfer fee not the total cost .

Imo it’s better to not pay such fees but of course if it were a player who we really believed was a almost unique option then ok

Exactly my thinking.
Stephen. What type of fee would that be to get Kouame ? I’m not sure Serie A strikers come to Scotland either especially when we don’t have CLG entry. Yet .

What happened with his loan to Anderlecht did they have an option to buy him and decline it ?

Just rewatching his vid clips and it’s quite interesting with this player what you feel you are seeing is a Fashion Sakala without the disconnects and basic errors so basically a higher grade FS . Also feels like he could have that disruption factor that we have been getting via Kent .

Would like to see him in a proper game or two . Maybe we will get that chance lol .

Last edited:
Jelavic cost £4m back in 2010, which in truth wasn’t a hell of a lot more then than it is now.

I do feel if we’re looking to spend a fee on a striker it probably needs to be in the £5-6m bracket, at least.

It’s all very well targeting Bosmans and players in the final year of their deals, but if that’s our sole criteria then we’re obviously reducing the options available to us.

There are definitely real bargains out there if we just know where to look.
We are by no means a great team but with a couple of solid defensive additions at the back, I feel we are only shy of someone to shoot us to the title next season. The investment has to be worth the bulk of our budget if it means getting genuine quality in the door.

I was thinking the same, I do think there’s more to come from Matondo, given the chance however I would like another quality, skilful ball carrier who loves nothing more than running at a defence

Who was the last left footed striker we had? Off the top of my head I can't remember.

Colak and Morelos attempting a pass or shot with their left foot looked like the most unnatural thing in the world to them.
Porto aren't happy that he chose them to prove this incorrect.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same, I do think there’s more to come from Matondo, given the chance however I would like another quality, skilful ball carrier who loves nothing more than running at a defence
I have that vibe too re Matondo I must say I feel since his re-introduction he has looked tighter in the team and I do like that every game he makes sure he tries a few shots from distance . It keeps us believing we are going to get another goal imo .

Not that I’m totally for it but are we interested in McBurnie on a free? Any inside knowledge

I’d be surprised if we’re not if wages are not too high.

Piroe would be top drawer. He’s a very good player.
Hopefully we can get him but we need at least two as I reckon Ćolak will move on.

Stephen. What type of fee would that be to get Kouame ? I’m not sure Serie A strikers come to Scotland either especially when we don’t have CLG entry. Yet .

What happened with his loan to Anderlecht did they have an option to buy him and decline it ?

Just rewatching his vid clips and it’s quite interesting with this player what you feel you are seeing is a Fashion Sakala without the disconnects and basic errors so basically a higher grade FS . Also feels like he could have that disruption factor that we have been getting via Kent .

Would like to see him in a proper game or two . Maybe we will get that chance lol .
Reckon he would be 5-6 million. But wouldn’t be surprised to see us spend that with the importance of bringing goals to the team.He fits the hybrid style Beale likes, is also athletic and fast and can interchange all around the front 3. I know at one point he was leading the assists in the conference league.

Not that I’m totally for it but are we interested in McBurnie on a free? Any inside knowledge

Hopefully we can get him but we need at least two as I reckon Ćolak will move on.

McBurnie is contracted for another season, Sheffield United had the option to extend his contract

Free transfer would be a no brainer for me as 1 of 1/2 coming in. Sheff Utd getting promoted might stop it though

Just saw Theo Walcott leaving Southampton, he’d probably do a good job on the right. Seems he was fit most of last season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back