Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon he would be 5-6 million. But wouldn’t be surprised to see us spend that with the importance of bringing goals to the team.He fits the hybrid style Beale likes, is also athletic and fast and can interchange all around the front 3. I know at one point he was leading the assists in the conference league.

Think this guy is this summer's Skov-Olsen. A name mentioned on here that people run with then are oddly raging when he signs elsewhere even though we were never interested.

I thought it might be Alex Chamberlain that he was talking about. Free transfer been at big clubs, played big games, will know beale and neil banfield quite well i would imagine. Know he has had some injuries but on a free transfer might not be as big a risk
Could probably throw Ross Barkleys name into the mix aswell, out of contract with Nice this summer sure we were linked with him last summer.

I hope we do sign him. Nisbet would get 20+ a season in our team. Large tick for the homegrown quota as well
We could/should have taken a punt on Nisbet and/or Shankland when they were at Dunfermline and Ayr respectively. They might have been better options that some we have gambled on from Europe. Nisbet would be the better option possibly? Always interesting to see these guys in a better team before deciding if they are good enough.

I have a weird feeling he will as well. Wouldn’t expect him to be our main man but I bet with better players around him he would surprise a few.
No Beale doesnt rate him. We need better. Has had a few injures lately so that might sway us.

If we are signing "experienced" players they need to have played regularly and contributed of late.

Some of the names on here just have expensive mistake written all over them.

Walcott has done nothing for years let's be honest he's 34 years old ffs.

Oxlade Chamberlain is another who never fulfilled his potential again has done very little for some time.

Barkley has looked off it for a while there is a reason he is playing in France these days.

All of the above come with risks be it fitness or the longshot hope we get them going again.

History shows us these types of signings very rarely work and your testing the wage structure all would demand big money.

Last edited:
We could/should have taken a punt on Nisbet and/or Shankland when they were at Dunfermline and Ayr respectively. They might have been better options that some we have gambled on from Europe. Nisbet would be the better option possibly? Always interesting to see these guys in a better team before deciding if they are good enough.

Taking a gamble at that level almost never materialises.

Simply because we end up not playing them regularly because they’re “not quite ready”.
How they get ready is playing at the higher level consistently first, it’s exactly what happens at EPL aswell with the likes of Van Dijk.

We perhaps need to look at what we’re willing to pay other Scottish clubs for talent, there seems to be a reluctance amongst fans to pay more than £1.5m for a player in the league even though they are cutting it at that level and moving the money around the league can create a bit of a virtuous circle for clubs, the league and ourselves.

If we are signing "experienced" players they need to have played regularly and contributed of late.

Oxlade Chamberlain is another who never fulfilled his potential again has done very little for some time.

Barkley has looked off for a while there is a reason he is playing in France these days.

All of the above come with risks be it fitness or the longshot hope we get them going again.

History shows us these types of signings very rarely work and your testing the wage structure all would demand big money.
I always think for these types of signings personality, motivations, and professionalism are the most important considerations. Look at Jermaine Defoe. Brilliant personality, role model, desperate to win a league trophy, and a top pro. Ended up being a brilliant piece of business. Others of the same mould not so much, bad personalities like Barton etc.

Swansea will be looking for upwards of £10mil for him. Way out of our price range.
I don't see why £10m is way out of our price range.

We've spent about £13m on average the last couple summers, then Beale said our budget would favourably compare to that, and we seem to be picking up a group of out of contract players (if rumoured signings are true), which leaves a huge chunk of the budget available.

Barkley has looked off it for a while there is a reason he is playing in France these days.

It won't happen but Bobby Firmino tick's all the boxes that Michael Beale was referring to, he's only 31 and still able to demand redicuolus wages so obviously not heading to Ibrox

It won't happen but Bobby Firmino tick's all the boxes that Michael Beale was referring to, he's only 31 and still able to demand redicuolus wages so obviously not heading to Ibrox

we’re keeping that powder dry till we need a new manager mate

We've spent about £13m on average the last couple summers, then Beale said our budget would favourably compare to that, and we seem to be picking up a group of out of contract players (if rumoured signings are true), which leaves a huge chunk of the budget available.
The wages a 10 million pound player would demand makes it difficult for us (and them) to shop in that market.

Agree and dare I say Ferguson at Hamilton when we signed Greg docherty

Exactly. We need to sign talent not big names.

Especially given the financial situation with the Club. We need to get the most out of our spend.

Not that it probably makes a difference but when beale said that Nisbet was down at Millwall for talks . Unsure if he said that as he thought Nisbet was away ?
7Wd4.gif

We aren't signing players for £10mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back