Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A throwaway comment Beale made and then went back on it when asked again.
Exactly it was fan media or a Scottish hack saying do you need a grey haired experience player
He shot it down saying age isn't a factor and we need players that are used to Europe and expecting to win

The wages a 10 million pound player would demand makes it difficult for us (and them) to shop in that market.
I know what you mean, but it's worth considering that it can often be worth the - fee & wages - outlay when viewed as an investment, that we can sell for more down the line.

Anyway, all speculation, it's just my feeling that rangers spending £8m or £9m on a striker isn't way out of our budget.

"Exactly it was fan media or a Scottish hack saying do you need a grey haired experience player

He shot it down saying age isn't a factor and we need players that are used to Europe and expecting to win"

No that is the 2nd press conference you are referring to.

In the first press conference he said we would be signing a player or two with a few grey hairs, to replace the dressing room experience and leadership of Arfield and McGregor.

I read the exact same comments about spending £7million on Kent.

And I read the same comments about us spending over £10m each of the last couple summers.

It's not impossible.
Given the sheer amount of players we will be signing in this window I’d say it’s a near certainty we won’t be spending £10m on a single player

7Wd4.gif

Whats Hagi up to here then?

We need a mix of players including the likes of a Nisbet type who with the right service would score loads particularly against the dross in the league, whilst having a higher calibre striker to ensure we have the edge in bigger games.

Why are people talking about us paying 10m for a player? Has this thread now descended into the realm of fantasy?
It switches between £10 million players, Firminho on a free all the way down to the small but dedicated Kevin Nisbet appreciation society.

Nisbet as has been stated numerous times has been ruled out by Beale as not good enough, aside from that he failed his medical at Millwall a few months ago and throw into the mix he is a rabid, that should be enough but some people won’t rest until he signs it seems.

I think a few more cheap or Bosman signings like Cantwell / Raskin, clearly talented players who have gone off the track, but with lots of upside potential and possibly money spent on Tillman and an experienced, expensive for us,center forward is what we will see. We need silverware this season and a decent European campaign. We have to buy accordingly.

I don’t think it’s outwith the reals of possibility that we could spend £10million on a player in the future. I agree that it’s very unlikely to happen this summer.

If we can get to a point where the squad is settled and we are only looking to bring in 2/3 players each summer then it’s a possibility we could spend that sort of money. There’s no way we’ll do it right now though when we are basically having to do an entire rebuild of the squad.

We aren’t spending £10m on a single player with a full rebuild to do. Wages would kill us.

Fantasy land.
Heart hand have been saying we expect a big spend summer. Gio got 15m last year so you do think beale will get similar then add on player sales

Butland sterling dowell all for free . Trusty and ciufentus for not much going by reports. Its not by any stretch we will make one big marquee buy.

The Kent fee was a one-off. Even our larger fees recently have been structured with add-ons. We have too many positions to address.

Heart hand have been saying we expect a big spend summer. Gio got 15m last year so you do think beale will get similar then add on player sales

Butland sterling dowell all for free . Trusty and ciufentus for not much going by reports. Its not by any stretch we will make one big marquee buy.

Have to agree. Unlikely, not impossible.

Lets say Tillman doesnt sign. Theres £5M towards Piroe. Then say you sell Kamara and Davies for a few million apiece. Theres another £5M (or at least in the ball-park).

Im not saying it will happen. I personally doubt it - but its far from impossible

What players are being sold?

There’s 5 players done with no money coming for them for starters.

I’d be surprised if we make £5m in player trading this summer. (I’m assuming Colak and Kamara are sold). Other than that I don’t see it.

A marque buy for us is £5-8m.

We don’t have the money for it. If it happens I’ll of course be delighted, I just don’t see it.

A £10m player is something you do when you’re only adding 2/3 players to a squad, not during a rebuild.

Free players aren’t free, there’s still signing on fees which are likely substantial. That’s eats into the budget too.

I’d be surprised if we make £5m in player trading this summer. (I’m assuming Colak and Kamara are sold). Other than that I don’t see it.

We don’t have the money for it. If it happens I’ll of course be delighted, I just don’t see it.
We'll sell Davies, Barisic, Kamara and Colak imo, for a min combined £10m

Very recently, same was said about Ramsay.
(I know, I know, try to be original with the replies).
Even more recently, it was said about Raskin.

The difference is none of them had massive transfer outlays. Also neither had just completed 2 seasons of 20 goals in Championship. Add in his age and potential there’s no way he’s going for less than £12m.

My point really was that if they can get him at a similar wage pw than we can pay for 8 million I think it was, then hopefully we can get an 8 million striker for wages we can afford.

A £10m player is something you do when you’re only adding 2/3 players to a squad, not during a rebuild.

Free players aren’t free, there’s still signing on fees which are likely substantial. That’s eats into the budget too.
I think its possible colak borna kamara hagi davies go
Realisticallly probably getting 12/13m out them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back