Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s out of contract next summer. They are never getting £20m+ for him.

Southampton/Russell Martin will be in for him.
Going by Beale’s comments he is going to try and sign a striker who has played for a big club and handled pressure with some European football competition experience. I know Piroe played for PSV but only a handful of games and a couple of European matches, plus I think he would cost 10 million plus. What do you think about someone like Cyriel Dessers or David Okereke? They seem more the type Beale would target and matches all the sound bites he has given. Plus we know he has been to Italy a couple of times in last month.

If a Premier League team are in for him then it could be likely but I can’t see a player from a team who finished 10th in the Championship who is on a free come January going for £20m+

The competition in terms of fee is probably Southampton with the parachute payments, they could punt Adam’s and go for piroe who the new gaffer knows.

Not too many clubs in championship pay big fees across the board

Would love to see Piroe at Ibrox. Definitely fits the all-rounder mould that Beale is looking for.

Great player but also left footed and left footed goals are more aesthetically pleasing to watch, imo. And he scores plenty of them.

Never seen him but Beale did mention in the dowell chat about liking lefties

We will announce Butland, Sterling, Cifeuntes, and Trusty shortly.

This summer’s saga will be Piroe, I predict. He’s the clear first choice to replace Buff.
Are you ITK mate regarding Piroe?

As in how do you know Piroe is first choice?

Are you ITK mate regarding Piroe?

As in how do you know Piroe is first choice?

Just chatter. I think it’s common knowledge we are interested.

I’m adding 2+2 and when Beale mentions about a few signings maybe having to wait till late in the window, I’d guess it’ll be Piroe. If we are spending £6m we will wait for him.

Obviously an issue there with the CL qualifiers, but equally if we can negotiate those, it’s far easier to justify such a chunky spend on one player.

I’m adding 2+2 and when Beale mentions about a few signings maybe having to wait till late in the window, I’d guess it’ll be Piroe. If we are spending £6m we will wait for him.

Obviously an issue there with the CL qualifiers, but equally if we can negotiate those, it’s far easier to justify such a chunky spend on one player.
I can totally see us spending £6-7million on the right striker , think piroe might just be out of our reach.

You talking about the Kevin Nisbet, widely reported at the time, that SG personally watched twice whilst a Dunfermline player and when his transfer fee would have been pennies.

I'd take Nisbet now, with his contract running down I think £2m would get the deal down (also fills a UEFA homebase trained slot). Have a feeling if we don't he'll end up at the scum sometime down the line.
Let them have him. Perfect for each other.

You talking about the Kevin Nisbet, widely reported at the time, that SG personally watched twice whilst a Dunfermline player and when his transfer fee would have been pennies.

I'd take Nisbet now, with his contract running down I think £2m would get the deal down (also fills a UEFA homebase trained slot). Have a feeling if we don't he'll end up at the scum sometime down the line.
Nisbets knee stops any rumours of him coming to us.Why do you think his move to millwall collapsed?

Read Brighton interested in Morton keeper Brian Schwake, 21 year old American, who on loan from Livingston. Why haven’t Rangers been trying to sign him?
Haha this is the quintessential FF post.

“Why aren’t we signing this guy I’ve never of who has been unremarkable for a team who finished mid-table in the Scottish Championship? An ENGLISH team are interested so he must be good!”

Because he said himself he didn't feel ready to move after coming back from the injury. He's missed 2 games since then with a thigh strain.

Round & round in circles here. He is not good enough according to Beale along with Shankland & van Veen, Just need to give up and stop posting all these Scottish striker suggestions.

Bisgrove said that Beale’s recruitment plan for the summer has been rubber stamped by the board regardless of Champions League Qualification.

Would be very uneasy if we went to Kent levels for Piroe. Yes he could well be fantastic, but quite a few have hit 20 in the Championship in recent years. Probably about half a dozen you could sign for free/small outlays
Just a question … but what players in the English championship have hit 20+ goals and we’re available for a small fee?

You score goals in that league and teams will pay silly fee’s historically - see our own martyn waghorn - scored 16 with Ipswich and went to derby for £6m

I'm keen to see the fee for Trusty if it transpires.

Arsenal paid 2m and after a player of the year season for Birmingham you'd think his stock would rise significantly.
Apparently the only reason Arsenal bought him was to build a relationship with Colorado Rapids. Really weird situation with him.

Bisgrove said that Beale’s recruitment plan for the summer has been rubber stamped by the board regardless of Champions League Qualification.

Fair.

Equally if we get into the groups, might that swing the player towards us? I’d be very disappointed if he chose to stay in the Championship and follow Martin to Southampton.

Fair.

Equally if we get into the groups, might that swing the player towards us? I’d be very disappointed if he chose to stay in the Championship and follow Martin to Southampton.

I don't think Piroe would take a sideways step to a newly relegated side. He'd be off his nut to do so.

While it would make complete sense for Southampton to come in with say £10-15m and take him, I will allow myself a moment to dream that we can get Piroe…

I watch a fair amount of the championship and have watched Swansea more closely after we were linked with Whittaker. One thing about Piroe that always stood out for his range of goals. He can header, score from outside of box, one on ones, taking ball back to goal/spin/shoot. All the stuff we’ve been crap at this season. Puts defenders on edge as he can create and score his own chances, thereby creating space for other attackers too (a bit like what we said Kent offered us, distracting defenders etc)

He is also an age where we could easily - all being well - sell him on for big bucks in the future

In short, a game changer. But must qualify it by saying I don’t think it will happen sadly

I can see Piroe going for around 8 mill. I don't think it's that far fetched to think we could get him. Gyokeres will be the main target for most teams and quite rightly as he looked class.

I can see Luton being shrewd with signings though and not going for massive fees as they will more than likely go straight back down and with a really low points total. I can see Luton going for Piroe.

I don't think Piroe would take a sideways step to a newly relegated side. He'd be off his nut to do so.

Aye, and you’d presume Southampton will be cutting their budget this summer.

As above, I can see this being a Jelavic-esque saga.

There is absolutely no chance we are signing Peroe

This again.

There’s no chance Warbuton will come up here.
There’s no chance Barton will sign.
There’s no chance Bruno Alves will play in the Scottish Championship.
There’s no chance Ramsay will come to Scotland.

There’s no chance a Swansea striker, half of us had never heard of before this thread, will sign for Rangers.

Maybe the progressive, persuasive manger along with the guaranteed European group stage football will excite some players.

Would love to see Piroe at Ibrox. Definitely fits the all-rounder mould that Beale is looking for.

Great player but also left footed and left footed goals are more aesthetically pleasing to watch, imo. And he scores plenty of them.
Who was the last left footed striker we had? Off the top of my head I can't remember.

Colak and Morelos attempting a pass or shot with their left foot looked like the most unnatural thing in the world to them.

Aye, and you’d presume Southampton will be cutting their budget this summer.

As above, I can see this being a Jelavic-esque saga.
Jelavic was a game changer of a signing. He was worth the chase, and every penny of his fee.

Walter Smith knew he would make all the difference for us in goals and assists and so it proved.

We desperately need a similar level of quality with the incoming number 9 next season. Not so much "can we afford him", imo It's very much a case of can we afford not to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back