Tottenham after Postecoglou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see people writing Moyes off already*. Seemingly the naivety of totally writing off the current guy before he started has done nothing to temper the hubristic tendencies of many posters.

Moyes may be a dull prick, but he's operating in the toughest league in Europe/arguably the world and has shown he can compete in Europe.

Do people seriously think he couldn't handle a job up here?

*I'm aware there is several hypothetical assumptions in this statement, but the point still stands.
It's a similar point to the one I made #2783. People can make themselves believe exactly what they want to believe. Many are incapable of objectivity.

I'll be happy if he leaves but why the hell would anyone take the Spurs job?

If it goes well you’ve done something that some of the best managers in the game couldnt do.

Chance to rebuild a squad and put your own stamp on the squad.

English Premier League.

Facilities.

Living in London.

Working with Eric Dier.

Money, lots of money.

Plenty reasons :D

The sad reality is that with him gone it likely increases our chances of success next season so I'd personally welcome this. We will strengthen next season, but so will they. With Ange gone it will be a huge disruption to their preseason and transfer signings.

And there is always a chance he takes some of their better players with him.

Interesting to see people writing Moyes off already*. Seemingly the naivety of totally writing off the current guy before he started has done nothing to temper the hubristic tendencies of many posters.

Moyes may be a dull prick, but he's operating in the toughest league in Europe/arguably the world and has shown he can compete in Europe.

Do people seriously think he couldn't handle a job up here?

*I'm aware there is several hypothetical assumptions in this statement, but the point still stands.
Part of me thinks that West Ham would be daft to let him go, every managerial change is a gamble and it didn’t exactly pay off last time they let him go. I don’t know what his wage demands would be and have read a few times over the years that he enjoys living in London, but I think he’d be a good appointment. Not flashy or too exciting but could very well get the job done, more of a Strachan appointment than a Rogers, and Strachan was the last manager they had that managed to make any kind of a mark in Europe.

He wouldn't last 6 months at Spurs
lets take him being Celtic manager out of the equation.

He came to scotland as a virtual unknown, and with no history in our game. Openly mocked by most.
He was given plenty of money to spend, of that there is no argument. Initially his newly built team were a disaster, how we laughed as we surged ahead in the league. his mantra was 'stick to the process'.
He did and it paid off. Either himself or scouts were very successful in being able to identify players to come from other leagues that would come to Scotland and hit the ground running. he quickly got the measure of what was required in the SPFL. lets be honest, wiped the floor with everyone.

Europe was a different matter where he could be accused of being tactically naieve at best.

It will be very interesting to see how he does if he goes to spurs (lets hope he does). Will he be as successful at recruitment at a higher level market for players? Will he stick to his tried and tested tactics against superior teams that will actually be trying to beat his side?

We knew what Rodgers was before he came to celtic and once he left, just think it will be good to see how Postecogloo copes down there.

I think they were always going to appoint someone outwith the league, as those in the EPL will talk to their peers and realise it is a poison chalice of a job. They obviously can't an elite manager anymore due to Mourinho and Conte slating the hierarchy, so they really don't have much choice when it comes to managers.

The Ange fan club is out in force to be fair, some seem genuinely excited for him that he might be Spurs boss.

Thread is an eye opener for sure.
Probably got a few fans quite open to the fact that a Celtic manager whose won 5 out of 6 trophies and built a squad that only suits someone of his background, yeah.

Are you suggesting that we shouldn’t be quite content about it?

The Ange fan club is out in force to be fair, some seem genuinely excited for him that he might be Spurs boss.

Thread is an eye opener for sure.

It’s a curious thread. I’m very surprised Spurs are appointing him given I think he’s a limited manager (he was behind Gerrard + Beale has matched him).

But we have posters who repeatedly tell us how shit the Scottish league is yet use the Australian’s success to justify why he’s good enough for the EPL.

The European performances are irrelevant and there’s talk of him taking the Japanese players with him (I’d be very surprised again if that he happens but who knows what Spurs are currently thinking…)

Compare that to how our players and managers are talked about on here.

I’m more concerned on who they might appoint now.

Quite funny to see the usual disagreeing opinions turned into you must be a Tim.

Seems to be the intelligent thing is to say everything at Celtic is shite.

Just as they are looking to have an easy game for a Treble.

A bit of humility when wrong wouldn’t go amiss-it’s only good news for us
You’ve got fans on here needlessly terrified of Postecoglu, and you’ve got fans who wrongly think that Beale completely has his number.

The truth, as ever, is somewhere in between. Beale’s done well with a poor squad, really closed the gap and shown that tactically, we can match them. However, they’re winning the treble and we’ve lost two cups to them under Beale, so we’re not there yet.

The vast majority of responses I’m seeing are quite pleased based on the fact that their squad is full of players from Asian countries/leagues who barely speak English, and it’s going to make their next appointment very difficult, or even result in a squad reshuffle. Any Rangers fan with a brain will see any level of instability as a positive, and I have no idea why some posters think that’s a pro-Celtic point of view.

It’s presumably some super-staunch thing to show how happy you are with how things are going as they win yet another treble.

Hm, delighted he could be off but hope they don’t get Rodgers or Potter in.
Rodgers is definitely an upgrade on AP but he's a total fruitcake and his ego would lead to disaster if they lose the league even by a single goal.

Potter is also a massive upgrade and much calmer - definitely would hope they don't land him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back