Tottenham after Postecoglou

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he does leave it will be interesting to watch what happens to them. Apart from Callum McGregor their full team who play most weeks is pretty much his team. Everyone is suited to his tactics. I think if he leaves it will be similar to us under Gio domestically with whoever picks them up. Gio tried to play his own way with Gerrard/Beale’s players and here we are. Rebuild underway.

Surely McGregor would be joining him at spurs ?

I mean he's good enough for any top 4 team in England afterall

Mentioned this on the BBC news at lunchtime.

He said that him and the players were concentrating on the game this weekend.

He didn't say he wasn't interested to put the story to bed.

Rather he stayed to watch his team getting pumped by Beale's new Rangers recruits. We weren't far off it this season apart from the costly mistakes we made.

Talk on the fuddleboard is that Spurs made their move last week and he is supposedly getting 165k a week

if thats the case he was never knocking that back
You are taking "information" from the huddleboard and posting it here....

Dearie me.....

Postecoglu got a tune out of his team but let's not let the media blind you, they weren't some swashbuckling side playing outstanding football, they ran over teams and a lot of things fell into their lap, we had a lot of players downing tools, an injury list I have never known before to key players and a manager in the first half of the season who could not adapt. Fair play they took full advantage of it and were pretty relentless, is he at a level where he can get Spurs to a place they want to be? I don't thinks so.

Yes you said “ Kane, Son, Richarlison and about 6 or 7 others will be out with fucked hamstrings in year 1” Which implies that his style has a higher rate of hamstring injuries than other managers. Which is a myth that was started on here to make us feel good.
Is it a myth though? And even if it isn't a myth that they sustained more hamstring injuries than anyone else, the manager has also acknowledged that it's a repeating problem through his management career. See quote below.

That draws the obvious conclusion that a 25 goal striker available for anything from 7-15 million which is buttons down South, who he has a mutual trust with, is a likely target at very least as a squad player. Clearly he would not replace any of those players long term but there's no reason it wouldn't happen. Again, good news for us.

“[The hamstring injuries] are obviously something we want to get on top of but it’s not new to me either,” the Celtic manager said. “The way we play I kind of understand, and have done at the clubs I’ve been at, that the beginnings are always difficult. We play differently and train differently and it takes players time to adjust to that and along the way we obviously pay a price. People forget that a lot of these guys didn’t do a pre-season with us and came in late and we’ve been playing catch up the whole way through.

Miguel Delaney of the Independant (queue Trent Crimm comments) just tweeted that the formal approach for him is effectively full time on Saturday. Id guess they wouldnt be putting that sort of story out there, and facing another KB this time from an spl manager, if they hadnt been given a nod to a wink that its agreeable.

the Disruption it causes if he leaves great as unless they get a man who plays that system they will need good few new players otherwise would rather he stay and Beale shows him up as I’m trying to think of a team he’s beat that the Tim’s were underdogs to win against

Yeah, Furuhashi is his family name, Kyogo the given name.

I'm learning Japanese at the moment as it's cheaper than buying a big tele to easier read the subtitles on those dirty cartoons.
That reminds me of the old joke

“Ni nookie!!!”

“What do you mean “wrong hole”?”

seen people mention lennon but not seen many people mention scott brown potentially taking over, hes a manager now is he not?

has his team ever got the better of opponents that's got equal or better quality than his own? and he'll no out do other EPL teams on the fitness front as they're all athletes down there, so is that not his biggest advantage gone?

He had one of the easiest gigs going when he rocked up at the phiggery, spent a fortune and cruised through 2 seasons practically unbeaten, we were an embarrassing shitshow and looked as far away from winning the league as we did in 2012.

I still think he's better than Postecoglu, I also can't see him going back, they despise him for leaving when he did.
But nobody does revision like the Sellik support

Miguel Delaney of the Independant (queue Trent Crimm comments) just tweeted that the formal approach for him is effectively full time on Saturday. Id guess they wouldnt be putting that sort of story out there, and facing another KB this time from an spl manager, if they hadnt been given a nod to a wink that its agreeable.
100%.

It’s worse than being pied by an out of contract manager.

Although, as I said - this’ll be 3 OF managers poached in 4 years, so maybe it’s not as bad as we’re told!

Also depends on who they replace him with, should he go?
Yes but you always have a clash and transition between managers.
Our squad in domestic terms found it hard to adjust to Gio’s style.
Plus he’s recruited his own players and will have a short list for this season.
At best it’s very awkward for them

60 pages and 3,000 posts would suggest plenty give a toss where he goes.
He just happens to be going to spurs and that brings up questions like why would they want him, but unless you’re a spurs fan then it could be spurs, West Ham or Brentford.

As long as he goes, and they lose the person holding it all together, then any upheaval is welcome.

He really got irked by that lucky man comment by Beale that he's running away to London. This 'great' manager that couldn't wait to make a big impact in the next champions league season. Adios flange hope Harry Kane puts the head in you soon as you wobble into training and leaves you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back