Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things seem to be ticking along nicely.

Cifuentes agreeing terms already is a big positive. Means he'll be patient while we strike a deal with LAFC.

Would imagine Dessers and Lammers will be done fairly sharpish going by that Scott Burns article. Cifuentes might take a bit longer. Plenty of time before we are back for pre season anyway.

Any idea who of the more reliable sources are reporting this mate? Seen a lot about dessers, but not a lot about lammers for a few weeks now
Chris Jack who has always been pretty well got at Ibrox is reporting Cifuentes, Dessers and Lammers are all incoming with Lammers likely to be first in the door.

Chris Jack who has always been pretty well got at Ibrox is reporting Cifuentes, Dessers and Lammers are all incoming with Lammers likely to be first in the door.

Cheers mate, lot of the stuff I've seen is focused on dessers, and haven't heard about lammers for weeks

I wonder if Lammers is seen more as the Kent replacement and we might still see another striker
I think Lammers would be seen as a credible option for both. The Roofe of it does complicate things somewhat. Too good not to play, too injured to plan to play.

We can likely keep 3 forwards happy when playing just 1 a week. We'd certainly want 3 available to choose from:

Dessers
Colak
Roofe

But if Roofe is out, a Lammers (or a Maja) would be more than able to 'pitch in' in that position. However if Roofe does miraculously stay fit, we wouldn't be lumbered with a 4th choice striker not getting a look in, as Lammers (or Maja) could easily be competing for a wide forward role with Cantwell, Sakala, Hagi, Lawrence and Matondo. Something Dessers or Colak wouldn't have the flexibility to do.

Just for a laugh based on who we’ve signed/been linked with:

Butland
Goldson Souttar Panzo
Tav Cantwell Cifuentes Raskin Yilmaz
Lammers Dessers

Subs:
McCrorie, Sterling, King, Jack, Dowell, Lundstram, Lawrence, Hagi, Roofe

Well aware some will be sold, some are missing, some will come in we haven’t heard of yet etc but it’s how a 3-5-2 might shape up.
I still reckon another center half and winger to join
I would take a chance on Ross Barkley despite me being in minority on here

The important part on Cifu of that Scott Burns article -

‘They are confident a deal will be closed very soon to see the Ecuadorian move to Glasgow. The 24-year-old is out of contract in the summer and has agreed terms on a move to Rangers’
Is he not out of contact in December/January?

It's definitely not lost on me that Ross Wilson is away and deals are coming fast and contact being made in different leagues, players with different profiles.

Thank %^*& he left.

This summer window so far is reminding me of being a kid again following us.

Lesser known guys. Talented guys who have maybe lost their way. South Americans the lot.

Guys who at least look like they have something about them.

Not Polish right back body builders and wee men that can run fast.

How every poster can't find joy in this is beyond me.

Last season's done.

Fire up Champ Manager and behold as Beale power points us to 56.

At least take the day off fucking chuntering on like a lemon.

It's definitely not lost on me that Ross Wilson is away and deals are coming fast and contact being made in different leagues, players with different profiles.

Thank %^*& he left.

This summer window so far is reminding me of being a kid again following us.

Lesser known guys. Talented guys who have maybe lost their way. South Americans the lot.

Guys who at least look like they have something about them.

Not Polish right back body builders and wee men that can run fast.

How every poster can't find joy in this is beyond me.

Last season's done.

Fire up Champ Manager and behold as Beale power points us to 56.

At least take the day off fucking chuntering on like a lemon.
For all his faults, this myth that Ross Wilson only bought from 1 or 2 countries is well out.

With how bad Goldson's injury is, I think it is vital we get a CB in sooner rather than later. By the time he has recovered and done his pre-season the season will already be well under way.
I'm sure goldson will be fine for the CL, he recovered really quickly from his last bad Injury and got up to speed within a game or two.

To be honest if we can replace Davies I would anyway....

I wonder if Lammers is seen more as the Kent replacement and we might still see another striker
I'm not great checking up stats via the Internet, but seems he was played as a striker according to most sites, maybe beale has that in mind. Doesn't seem like a typical winger though, well over 6 foot. I've never seen the lad play, so don't know anything about him to be honest.

Playing in royal blue
Something something tooth,
Putting on a show for you
The night we drew 0-0 in Eindhoven under Walter Smith, I was the last one out a bar at the little square and it was empty apart from this one Rangers fan falling about walking past and he was singing "he dives to the left, the dives to the righttttt the famine is over why don't you go home"

It was spectacular and just rolled off the tongue absolutely perfectly like it was poetry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back