Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The night we drew 0-0 in Eindhoven under Walter Smith, I was the last one out a bar at the little square and it was empty apart from this one Rangers fan falling about walking past and he was singing "he dives to the left, the dives to the righttttt the famine is over why don't you go home"

It was spectacular and just rolled off the tongue absolutely perfectly like it was poetry
@hunter1rfc this feels like it might have been big Gap

Jesus Christ almighty.

Just because you can't get your head around the accuracy of gaming stats these days doesn't make it any less true. This article is from fifteen years ago. It's infinitely more accurate and effective now.

Not sure if it's been mentioned already, and I've only formed this opinion watching his youtube vids, but I see a lot of similarities stylistically between Lammers and Aribo. I wouldn't be surprised to see him more in that kind of attacking midfielder role rather than an out and out striker. He looks extremely handy whilst in possession just outside the box.

I'm hopefull that he's been slightly miscast while at other clubs and Beale sees an opportunity to play him to his strengths.

Not sure if it's been mentioned already, and I've only formed this opinion watching his youtube vids, but I see a lot of similarities stylistically between Lammers and Aribo. I wouldn't be surprised to see him more in that kind of attacking midfielder role rather than an out and out striker. He looks extremely handy whilst in possession just outside the box.

I'm hopefull that he's been slightly miscast while at other clubs and Beale sees an opportunity to play him to his strengths.
Just shows how we all see these videos differently.

With Lammers I was getting Jelavic vibes about him from his finishing.

Has he ever actually been linked? Haven’t seen anything about him other than on here.
Rangers Review have mentioned him quite a number of times recently as being one to 'keep an eye on' too. I don't know how information sharing works with these guys but they keep using comments like "I've been hearing noises behind the scenes" that Rangers are interested. Means nothing at the end of the day as the player will have options if things with Bordeaux go as anticipated but it seems aparent Rangers are interested. Whether it's as a Colak replacement or otherwise I've no idea.

Just because you can't get your head around the accuracy of gaming stats these days doesn't make it any less true. This article is from fifteen years ago. It's infinitely more accurate and effective now.

Get

Your

Hole.

Come on man, that was 15 years ago!

Come on man, that was 15 years ago!

And before Wyscout really got going, around 2010.

I love Football Manager - I've had to avoid this year of it as I have a masters with Open Uni to finish, and I know if I play that I'll spend over 1000 hours on FM and about 20 on the dissertation.

But even I know clubs aren't still using that database for anything. There's loads out there that's so much better.

I've only really seen Lammers playing as a striker. However, from what I've seen he likes to drop deep and play in the spaces between the opposition defence and midfield. He also sometimes moves into the channels, but again it's often so when he receives the ball he can turn and face up to his opponent. He then likes to commit players with his ability to dribble, then he'll either look to: beat a man, pass through the gaps, or get a shot off.
This is what I've perceived as his preferred playing style.
This doesn't mean that he doesn't, or isn't capable of, receive/ing the ball with his back to goal. I've also seen him winning headers with long balls.

Whereas, I think this is different to Dessers who seems to play as a focal point. He often likes to play close to, or around the box, receiving the ball to feet. Then either linking up with teammates, or trying to fashion a chance for himself by trying to find a half yard. Dessers is strong (although not the strongest) but he uses his body well to play in this manner. He's also capable of playing on the last man and trying to get in behind, if the team is not as high up the pitch. He's got pace to get in behind (but it's not frighteningly quick like Sakala), but again he positions his body well to make it hard for defenders to recover.

Last edited:
Rangers Review have mentioned him quite a number of times recently as being one to 'keep an eye on' too. I don't know how information sharing works with these guys but they keep using comments like "I've been hearing noises behind the scenes" that Rangers are interested. Means nothing at the end of the day as the player will have options if things with Bordeaux go as anticipated but it seems aparent Rangers are interested. Whether it's as a Colak replacement or otherwise I've no idea.
Are the Rangers Review reliable with their info? I’m always sceptical of fan media other than Heart and Hand or Four Lads.

Lammers is just not doing it for me, 26 years old and he has scored just 31 goals in his whole career.
always the same ain't it, some signings we like and some we shrug our shoulders and and say, well I guess MB knows what he's doing, and Lammers for me is the latter, his youtube clips (the good ones) were from a couple of seasons ago and even then it looked a bit meh, but that's just my frst reaction to wee clips of him, the judging proper, comes when he's had a few games in a Rangers top(if we get him)

Lammers is just not doing it for me, 26 years old and he has scored just 31 goals in his whole career.
Players like Prso and Drogba weren't prolific by a similar age.
I'm not saying that means Lammers will be good. I'm just saying that stats only tell a part of the story.

I think he looks like a technically gifted footballer, who is also physically decent. I also think he potentially has a high ceiling for a club like ours. I also think he will be more about his all round game than his goals.

However, I appreciate it's a higher risk signing because recent seasons stats suggests he's not been performing consistently at the level that his potential ability reflects.

Had some real good feedback on Anthony van den borre, cherno samba, andrie sigporson and some lad called taribo west on a free.

The thing is, Midtjylland and Copenhagen scoop up half the Danish talents at a couple of mil and more often than not at least double their money. Those players are always going to pick those two teams because of their track record the last few years of constantly developing and selling players to the big leagues.

We need to get in on the Norwegian league before it ends up like that.
Yeah for sure...I can definitely see that, but even scouting these players earlier on in their career with those teams or before they get a move out of those bigger teams....we seem to not see things until they are way out of our price range.

I'm not going to suggest that we should be signing less than excellent players or those with as much skill & ability as possible -
but I remember MB saying he needs players who fit his style of play & meet the needs of his system

That suggests to me that some of his preferered potential candidates might not be top of stats tables or even have had great careers so far - but they still fit MB's overall plan

What I want to see is a solid unit of a team - who play for each other & have a great attitude & determination & that blend together really well

If that means we don't have individual stars that might not look all that wonderful at the moment - then so be it
Doesn't mean we'll be any less successful IMO

I personally can't see the point in comparing or dwelling on statistics as a guranteed indication of how things will pan out in future

Last edited:
Players like Prso and Drogba weren't prolific by a similar age.
I'm not saying that means Lammers will be good. I'm just saying that stats only tell a part of the story.

I think he looks like a technically gifted footballer, who is also physically decent. I also think he potentially has a high ceiling for a club like ours. I also think he will be more about his all round game than his goals.

However, I appreciate it's a higher risk signing because recent seasons stats suggests he's not been performing consistently at the level that his potential ability reflects.

Any player can look technically gifted on a YouTube highlights reel.

Matondo's highlights reels make him look brilliant when the reality is somewhat different.

Why the hell are we signing this guy Sammers for £3 million ??? Surely for that amount that would be better spent on trying to secure Nisbet ........

Because there is a snobbery amongst the support when it comes to signing Scottish players or players already playing here.

Plus isn’t he “one of them”, look how it turned out when we signed Michael Francis from St Johnstone.

This thread has got the bad Aids.

How so many people can be so negative about new signings before they've even been seen in a Ranger's shirt is depressing. At least give them 45 minutes before you start to slaughter the player, the manager, the directors and the club.

We play in Scotland. We do our player shopping in Aldi and the clearance shelves of the big leagues. Try living in hope and put a bit of trust in the manager. You might just crack a smile before the year is out.

One thing that is really noticeable in the Lammers clips is he does not get basic tap in goals that most strikers thrive on. I would be surprised if we are planning to play him as a main striker, he is probably more likely to play just off a main striker or as part of a front 3.

He does clearly have a lot of ability, he has played at a really high level for a number of years and was clearly highly rated when Atalanta signed him.

His goal return is a bit of a worry but we will just need to see what Beale has planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back