Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the hell are we signing this guy Sammers for £3 million ??? Surely for that amount that would be better spent on trying to secure Nisbet ........
Just a guess here, but it’s quite possible that Beale and the coaching staff have watched extensive footage of both players and have come to the conclusion that Sammers (whoever he is) fits our style of play better and will represent better value for money

Every single transfer is going to be a gamble to a certain degree for us. We simply can’t afford to compete for the finished articles at the top of their game or the most exciting youngsters. Beale looks to sign players who have played at a high standard but lost their way or young players who have had ability but not quite made it at big clubs yet.

Dressers and Lammers both look like they have ability. Teams have spent good transfer fees on them in the past. Scoring records not great but the clubs they are at are hardly ripping it up in Italy. At Rangers they will be on the front foot in many matches so likely to get far more chances to score. In terms of goals it’s not like we have just lost players who banged them in week after week either.

We simply need to trust Beale this summer to shape a competitive side. This far I think he is doing good with the limited funds we will have. Let’s see how he completes the rebuild and then actually see the players perform in a gers shirt. We might actually be pleasantly surprised

As much as I’ve been dubious about Lammers, his two footedness is something we’ve not had in that type of striker/forward player in a while.

Dribbling looks decent too, although in the Heerenveen clips I watched he’s maybe dribbled past 1-2 players, up here he’ll be facing blocks of 4 & 5 camped on the edge of their box.

Time will tell.

This thread has got the bad Aids.

How so many people can be so negative about new signings before they've even been seen in a Ranger's shirt is depressing. At least give them 45 minutes before you start to slaughter the player, the manager, the directors and the club.

We play in Scotland. We do our player shopping in Aldi and the clearance shelves of the big leagues. Try living in hope and put a bit of trust in the manager. You might just crack a smile before the year is out.
Just the nature of this forum and social media in general. It's a fight to see who can be the most outraged about the slightest of things.

As much as I’ve been dubious about Lammers, his two footedness is something we’ve not had in that type of striker/forward player in a while.

Dribbling looks decent too, although in the Heerenveen clips I watched he’s maybe dribbled past 1-2 players, up here he’ll be facing blocks of 4 & 5 camped on the edge of their box.

Time will tell.

Tillman?

If we sign dessers and lammers we still need another 2 forwards imo.

We can't go another season relying on Sakala and Matondo.
Whilst I agree if they were to be sold, they would need replaced, we are not going to be signing extra forwards just to relegate Sakala and Matondo onto reserve football.

Right now we have:

Attacking Midfielder "10""
Cantwell
Hagi
Dowell
Lowry

Wide Forwards:
Sakala
Matondo
Wright
Lawrence
Lammers (?)

Strikers:
Colak
Roofe
Dessers(?)

Making the two assumed signings we are beginning to look pretty swollen in the forward ranks. Any more signing I think and I think we will need to make a sale for the sake of squad happiness. Scott Wright is the obvious name (lowest current quality and lowest ceiling) but I don't see an additional body coming in until other bodies move out. And this doesn't even consider the fact Tillman could yet be turning up!

Whilst I agree if they were to be sold, they would need replaced, we are not going to be signing extra forwards just to relegate Sakala and Matondo onto reserve football.

Right now we have:

Cantwell
Hagi
Dowell
Lowry

Wide Forwards:
Sakala
Matondo
Wright
Lawrence
Lammers (?)

Strikers:
Colak
Roofe
Dessers(?)

Making the two assumed signings we are beginning to look pretty swollen in the forward ranks. Any more signing I think and I think we will need to make a sale for the sake of squad happiness. Scott Wright is the obvious name (lowest current quality and lowest ceiling) but I don't see an additional body coming in until other bodies move out. And this doesn't even consider the fact Tillman could yet be turning up!

Expect Matondo and Lowry to go out on Loan, Wright will be sold to English Championship club and I would be stunned if Roofe makes it even through pre season without another injury.

Colak may also go.

On this thread alone Lammers has been compared to Laudrup, R de Boer, Jelavic, a young Van Persie, Aribo & Itten, based on that we shouldn't have anything to worry about :D

I've got my doubts about him and he doesn't excite me as a signing. These aren't based on his stats, but from seeing him play a few times with Eintracht and speaking to some of their fans that I work with.

I would say though he's coming to a lesser quality of league than he's played in recently so he may well have a much better time than he did in Germany & Italy and he's more like the Lammers in his 2018/19 season at Heerenveen.

This is discussion from when he signed for Eintracht that continues through the season, some interesting comments (both positive and negative).

Is this the same Sam Lammers who has scored five goals in his last fifty seven matches? surly not! If this is one of Michael Beale's exciting signings then I am totally overwhelmed we can only hope MB knows what he's doing

I think the use of whelmed of any type is the sure fire sign of someone you'd definitely avoid in a pub, the wrong use of it though, I don't know what that is, a new category altogether.

Because there is a snobbery amongst the support when it comes to signing Scottish players or players already playing here.

Plus isn’t he “one of them”, look how it turned out when we signed Michael Francis from St Johnstone.
Or maybe nisbet isn't interested...

The fact that he played for his team the other night points that to be true.
Yes and no ultimately they know he will go and worst case he walks out in December and they get nothing or they can try and maximise any payment we give and until then there season is running so he gets played.

This one is just agreeing details and also why sign hum now when he then can't play and will need to wait for registration 1st July and then work permit

If we sign Lammers, Dessers and Cifuentes we will have the following as forward options :
9s
Lammers
Dessers
Roofe
Colak
Sakala
Lovelace

Wide options/10s
Sakala
Hagi
Matondo
Cantwell
Lawrence
Lowry
Wright
Cifuentes

I still think the club would like to add Tillman to the squad aswell.

I think we will be looking to sell Colak, Hagi and Wright (maybe Matondo if we could) before we bring anyone else in the forwards areas.

Right now we have:

Cantwell
Hagi
Dowell
Lowry

Wide Forwards:
Sakala
Matondo
Wright
Lawrence
Lammers (?)

Strikers:
Colak
Roofe
Dessers(?)

Swollen? Yes. Good enough to win the league? No.

Ok, with all these names we are linked to. Has any sad git teamed them together on Football manager or any other football game to see how they play together. Might give us a heads up if they good :rolleyes:

With Lammers/Dessers coming in we need pace up front, especially coming off the left. We can’t rely on Matondo or Sakala. With Palma deal pulled off table ? Any other options/rumours?

I think Maja comes in for Colak eventually, which could add an element of pace

Based on post Christmas results then the squad we had last week was good enough to win the league. That's really playing without a striker that gives a shit too.

I think people need to grow up a little. Winning the title doesn't require superstars, it is attitudinal for us and Beale is in the process of fixing that. Trust the manager, support the team until its blatantly obvious that it's not working.

Perhaps, but you can't just keep buying players without folk going ou the door! As I say, if we sell a Hagi or a Sakala, ofcourse i'd be expecting them to get replaced. But we can't buy on the hope we sell them, cause we can't afford to have a fit Hagi or Matondo sitting in the reserves for a season depreciating in value.

And I would argue strongly that the proposed forward line is better than the one that won 55 and got us to a Europa League final.

Cantwell is easily a match for Aribo.
Raskin has the Davis role down.
Dessers has the potential to replace Morelos's qualities.
Colak's numbers are an improvement on Itten.
Lammers has shades of Kent's ability (and recent output admittedly haha)
Sterling seems a proper Patterson replacement.
Dowell coverring Arfields role.
Cifuentes if he signs doesn't have big shoes to fill in Zungu/Coullibally

... Whilst the loss of McGregor still hurts a bit, I'm not going to lie, signing a 30 year old England international doesn't exactly reek of downgrade.

I don't think the squad is as far off of being title winning as you think.

That will be 6 already should these go through!

Have we ever done this amount of business this early? I can't recall to be honest. Great to see though!

Would love to see a cb and another forward player that could play either side.
I've got a feeling well bring in 8 then maybe a surprise big one if we qualify for the champions league

Perhaps, but you can't just keep buying players without folk going ou the door! As I say, if we sell a Hagi or a Sakala, ofcourse i'd be expecting them to get replaced. But we can't buy on the hope we sell them, cause we can't afford to have a fit Hagi or Matondo sitting in the reserves for a season depreciating in value.

And I would argue strongly that the proposed forward line is better than the one that won 55 and got us to a Europa League final.

Cantwell is easily a match for Aribo.
Raskin has the Davis role down.
Dessers has the potential to replace Morelos's qualities.
Colak's numbers are an improvement on Itten.
Lammers has shades of Kent's ability (and recent output admittedly haha)
Sterling seems a proper Patterson replacement.
Dowell coverring Arfields role.
Cifuentes if he signs doesn't have big shoes to fill in Zungu/Coullibally

... Whilst the loss of McGregor still hurts a bit, I'm not going to lie, signing a 30 year old England international doesn't exactly reek of downgrade.

I don't think the squad is as far off of being title winning as you think.
Still got Lawrence to come back too

Dont see the comparisons between Kent and Lammers. Kent was a winger & Lammers has played as a Centre forward in all but a handful of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back