Summer Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hutton was outstanding in the Playoff semi against Boro. He snuffed Traore out of the game in both legs who's probably been the best player in The Championship since Pulis went there. Apparently Chelsea are in for him.

Hutton was outstanding in the Playoff semi against Boro. He snuffed Traore out of the game in both legs who's probably been the best player in The Championship since Pulis went there. Apparently Chelsea are in for him.

Hutton has been excellent all season for Villa, has adapted his game to be more of a sitting defensive full back now with his age & is also as adapt at playing at left back as he is right back

Last edited:

He was absolutely excellent. Terry said after the game last night that Hutton was Villa's best player over the two legs.

I've seen comments on here about Hutton being "done" - Ok, he's not one to gallop up and down the right hand side of the pitch anymore but by god, he's a superb defender and better than anything we have on current form in defence.

He was outstanding in both games as you say certainly wouldn’t be turning my nose up at him.

Apparently we have no interest In him though.

Is it just me who doesn’t really want us to have a team of over 30s??

I mean I understand a player is at his peak between 29-32 but I wanna sign players approaching their peak so if someone bids funny money we can sell and reinvest, if they don’t well we still have them for 3/4 years.

I get where you are coming from and i totally agree that i don't want a team of over 30's but..... I don't see the massive issue with having an experienced veteran in each group (defenders, midfielders, strikers)

Skrtle for defense
Lucas for Midfield
Defoe for Attack

for example.

rest of the squad being younger and able to learn etc from the veterans. Not flooding the squad with age, just supplementing it with experience

Issue with defoe would be him wanting to start every week i suppose.

Matt Philips, James Morrison, Robert Snodgrass and James Collins are 4 names I've seen elsewhere today

opz0br.gif[

Is it just me who doesn’t really want us to have a team of over 30s??

I mean I understand a player is at his peak between 29-32 but I wanna sign players approaching their peak so if someone bids funny money we can sell and reinvest, if they don’t well we still have them for 3/4 years.
No, I agree. We need a mix. A few older heads to guide the younger players is fine but we need a balance.

He was absolutely excellent. Terry said after the game last night that Hutton was Villa's best player over the two legs.

I've seen comments on here about Hutton being "done" - Ok, he's not one to gallop up and down the right hand side of the pitch anymore but by god, he's a superb defender and better than anything we have on current form in defence.

Majority of people on here slating him won't even have watched him playing all season. Just look at his age now and automatically go ''done''. The Wikipedia Pep's I call them :D

I would like the boy Wilson.

Ive heard were after an outstanding player. We wont believe weve actually got him.
Could be the boy Lucas.

I’d much rather keep tav than bringing Hutton back. I think if tav has the right cover beside him his pace can be a real threat as an option coming from deep. I think in a 3 at the back he would really flourish as a wing back.

I get where you are coming from and i totally agree that i don't want a team of over 30's but..... I don't see the massive issue with having an experienced veteran in each group (defenders, midfielders, strikers)

Skrtle for defense
Lucas for Midfield
Defoe for Attack

for example.

rest of the squad being younger and able to learn etc from the veterans. Not flooding the squad with age, just supplementing it with experience

Issue with defoe would be him wanting to start every week i suppose.
He doesn’t start every week now, he might just be happy to be playing whatever game time he gets now

Hope not. Hutton is 33 on the decline.
Yet still playing brilliant this season, have you watched him play this season ? i suggest you haven't aand are just jumping on the bandwagon because of his age.

He was brilliant at left back both legs v Middlesborough againt a very fast and powerful winger in Traore.

He doesn’t attack as much when he plays left back (as he has done all season).

Get him in to fight it out with John, not replace Tav.

I've yet to acquaint myself with this thread... but for any wannabe ITK posters, here's some advice on the best way on how to go about this and earn FF legendary status/notoriety/ridicule:

1) Hoover up every semi-credible rumour you can, mostly from social media and PMs from other established ITK posters on FF. Then make an educated guess as to what is happening.
2) Take the plaudits for any ITK posts you make that come to fruition.
3) Take the huff with anyone who calls you out on any ITK posts you've made that doesn't happen.
4) Say you're done with FF forever
5) Post an attention-seeking post on FF two hours later.
6)And repeat.

That's all it takes, folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back